Far Cry 3 December 4

excited for this...preordered it yesterday. will be my first venture into the series, almost wanna pick up one of the previous far cry games in preparation.

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this game prior to just a few days ago. I wonder if it's being overlooked by coming out so soon after Halo 4 and BlOps 2.

I haven't played the series before this, but this one looks incredible. I preordered it from BB a couple months ago. Looking forward to it.

ended up picking up far cry 2 from gamestop yesterday. 360 version is less than 7 bucks with a power up rewards account...got in a little bit of playing time yesterday..fell in love! definitely underrated. it's gonna be a long week waiting for this to release.

Pretty excited for this game. Never played a Far Cry game, but hopefully GF ships out my rented copy to me within a couple days after release.

Game's getting fantastic reviews. I was under the impression that this came out in 2013 until I saw the ign review and I was very confused. I'm hoping to beat Sleeping Dogs by Friday night, return it to Gamefly, and get Far Cry 3 from them. Otherwise I'll get it a month or two down the line when the price has tanked because its an Ubisoft title.

I actually thought this game was already out and was terrible since I hadn't heard anything about it. I wasn't a huge fan of FarCry 2 due to the outrageous AI and the fact that they could find you in the middle of the jungle randomly but it was fun for what it was.

Might look into this since my interest in Halo is dwindling.

I'm picking up Far Cry 2 to finish it before Far Cry 3. I know I will be hating myself the first time I am killed by the magically respawning AI; but I can't justify buying FC3 right now.

im looking forward to this. i have 1 and 2 on pc. im near the end on 1 but i havent played it in so long when i booted it up i kept getting killed in like 5 seconds lol might have to do some backtracking and i havent even played 2 yet at all. but i will complete the trilogy

I am very interested in this. Does anyone know if they added the ability to save anywhere. That was the biggest problem, in my opinion, with Far Cry 2.

[quote name='teddybass']bummer, no deals for this on next week's ads
is everyone paying full price to get this on day 1?[/QUOTE]

If you preorder at Best Buy (and you're Gamer Unlocked) you get a $20 reward certificate.

[quote name='Dark Rider']If you preorder at Best Buy (and you're Gamer Unlocked) you get a $20 reward certificate.[/QUOTE]

i don't have the Gamer Unlocked at BB, but looks like TRU is coming through with a B1G1 50% off so I'll probably get it there :applause:

I sure hope the servers are up to snuff. I was reading that even today they were having issues andthe game is released already in Europe.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I sure hope the servers are up to snuff. I was reading that even today they were having issues andthe game is released already in Europe.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I heard too, and that link to Giantbomb someone posted they mentioned the same thing in the beginning of the video.

Its basically if Skyrim & Crysis had a baby. The driving & looting are a bit rough, but other than that, GOTY material for sure.

I've been playing Far Cry 3 on PC since Tues. It is EPIC, in every sense of the word. It's also really well optimized and I haven't run into too many bugs. Maxed, it looks beautiful. I'm about 10 hours in and I still have a shit ton to explore.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']This wasn't even on the radar until I watched a few trailers earlier today but this video seals the deal. SP, Co-Op and MP, eh? The premise is interesting enough to warrant a blind buy. I just hope I don't regret it.[/QUOTE]

The co-op looks pretty linear, but feel free to hit me up for it :)

[quote name='gotdott']The co-op looks pretty linear, but feel free to hit me up for it :)[/QUOTE]

Done. I have WAAAYYY too many CAG members I haven't seen nor heard or played with in literally months. Definitely hitting you up later this week for a few sessions.

[quote name='slickkill77']So apparently when you put ai or vehicles on a custom map you can't play the maps with anyone. What a massive fail[/QUOTE]

Well if the MP does not support that I am not sure how that is a fail? It's not Halo.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well if the MP does not support that I am not sure how that is a fail? It's not Halo.[/QUOTE]

How is that not a fail? What's the point of making a custom map if you can't play it with your friends even in a private match. No one is going to stick with the multiplayer as it is. People are pissed about it. Think about how much fun it would be to make maps with AI, and vehicles and then run through it with your friends. Why would you want to create a custom map and only play by yourself?

It is simple. The AI and vehicles are for the single player portion of the map editor. The whole point of the MP part is to share with the community to play on not for private matches. Having the ability to create single player levels with AI in the first place is pretty awesome and beyond what most developers would do. Calling an editor with over 2,000 different items a "massive fail" just because your mp map cannot have jeeps or tigers on them is pretty childish. I am amazed at how this community continues to be a bunch of whiners no matter how much better and bigger games get. Some people are never satisfied.

It's a multiplayer that no one is going to play. The community will be dead within a month. Does anyone really care about sharing maps for a community that's basically going to be non existent? People would be happier if they allowed us to put AI and vehicles and play it with our friends. What exactly is the point of creating a single player map when the only objective is going to be: kill

It's not childish. It's realistic. They're unranked matches anyway. I'm willing to bet a lot more people would be interested in playing co-op on created maps with animals/ai/vehicles than playing on created maps with none of that for a DOA vs mode. Is it also childish to expect a party system? That's not in the game either.

I think this 71 page thread on the UBI forum speaks pretty loudly
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/665880-Vehicles-in-Multiplayer-VOTE-NOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked mine up this morning. A while ago when I preordered it, I told my wife we could call it a Christmas present, and she could wrap it up and put it under the tree for me. Really starting to wish I hadn't said that. With everything I've heard and seen about the game recently, the wait to play it is going to be brutal. :wall:

My Xbox won't read this game so i'll have to pick up a new one Friday. My 360 has been acting up for a while but plays every game except Black Ops 2(I can eventually get it to read after a while with some luck) and now this one. For some reason it won't even attempt to read it and give me the unrecognized disc error.

Arg Gamefly didn't ship it out to me. Guess I'll have to wait. Good thing is that this will be $30 in a month because it is an UBIsoft game

Picked it up today. FYI the Gamestop DLC is in the box and it has that stupid "GameStop Exclusive" Band across the top of the artwork.

Why in the hell were we excited for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 to be released, this is the game that we all should of been waiting for. I was caught off guard by how awesome this game is, it actually got the Sandbox shooter aspect perfect (well better then any other game released). I actually do get that "Skyrim with Guns" feel from it, actually I am enjoying this much more then Skyrim. The intro, graphics, characters, voice overs, story, crafting, hunting, side quest/skill unlocks are all fantastic.

I would of given these scores
Farcry 2- 6.5/10
FarCry 3- 9.5/10 (Yes its that damn good)

Had to pause Farcry 3 and let CAG know whats up this game, well back to playing : )

Edit: How could I have forgot to mention the best villian in years, the physcopath known as the pirate leader Vaas (has a taste of Joker mentallity mixed in for good measure)

Edit #2: I forgot to mention how packed this game is with content
-Full open world single player campaign
-Full co-op campaign (Different from Single player story, locations, and characters)
-Robust Map Editor, that users can create and upload/download new Single/multiplayer maps created by other users.
-Multiplayer competitive/co-op game types

Last edited by a moderator:
wooo that was pretty awesome, I was running through the lush dense jungle at night, not aware of my surroundings and see the natives of the island (good guys, your side) in a gun fight with some pirates, so I figure I go help out so I can loot their weapons/cash from their body......except when I was aiming down my iron sight, lined up a perfect headshot, about to squeeze the trigger, and a snake latches onto my arm with its fangs, so Im frantically trying to break away from the clutch the snake has on my arm, and I faill off a cliff (20-25 foot drop) into a lake, as I drifted towards the bottom so I can heal, I was attacked by an alligator!! I broke free of its bite, and I spot a small hole near the bottom of lake and cliff, and I swim as fast as I could and escaped the alligator and found a hidden loot sack containing "Photo of Naked Dwarf" WTF lol, I love this game just from them string of events.

[quote name='Poor2More']wooo that was pretty awesome, I was running through the lush dense jungle at night, not aware of my surroundings and see the natives of the island (good guys, your side) in a gun fight with some pirates, so I figure I go help out so I can loot their weapons/cash from their body......except when I was aiming down my iron sight, lined up a perfect headshot, about to squeeze the trigger, and a snake latches onto my arm with its fangs, so Im frantically trying to break away from the clutch the snake has on my arm, and I faill off a cliff (20-25 foot drop) into a lake, as I drifted towards the bottom so I can heal, I was attacked by an alligator!! I broke free of its bite, and I spot a small hole near the bottom of lake and cliff, and I swim as fast as I could and escaped the alligator and found a hidden loot sack containing "Photo of Naked Dwarf" WTF lol, I love this game just from them string of events.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's awesome. I finally got the disc to read. I'm installing it now..can't wait to try this.

bread's done
Back