Wal-Mart.com DS, PS3, 360 Game Deals (Updated)

kyoya

CAGiversary!
Saw various DS game deals on Wal-Mart.com, people might want to filter all DS games (price low-to-high) to see if there might be others worth posting that I missed.

Soul Bubbles
$9.96
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Soul-Bubbles-DS-Nintendo-DS/9239939

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)
$9.00
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Professor-Layton-and-the-Diabolical-Box-DS-Nintendo-DS-Dsi/11989512

Giana Sisters (DS)
$8.26
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Giana-Sisters-DS-Ninetendo-DS/17771996

The Legendary Starfy
$8.26
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legendary-Starfy-Ds/10965222

Dragon's Lair (DS)
$7.15
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dragon-s-Lair-DS-Nintendo-DS/15167498

Last edited by a moderator:
would Professor Layton be fun for a 12 year old to play, or too tough? thinking of getting it for my younger brother

edit: and is this a good price for it?

Soul Bubbles is so damn good. Used to be a TRU exclusive.

If you have a device that can play it, you should own it--you will love it.

[quote name='Calinks']I have never played a Layton game Is it cool I start with this one?[/QUOTE]

Layton games do have a specific order to play in terms of "timeline" but you will be fine jumping in any one.

The difficulty, or lack thereof in Soul Bubbles killed it for me. Thought the concept was pretty good though. No idea if it gets challenging later on.

Might have to pickup soul bubbles, alot of you guys seem to be recommending it and I have never heard any of these games
dealsrus

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']would Professor Layton be fun for a 12 year old to play, or too tough? thinking of getting it for my younger brother

edit: and is this a good price for it?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your 12-year-old's tastes. If he only plays CoD and says Halo is for fgt N00bs, then he still needs to grow up. If he's a smart kid with good grades who likes to be challenged, then he'll love it. My 10-year-old friend says the Layton series is one of his favorite franchises.

But if even if you're not quite sure, getting a DS game for under $10 that has that great of a metascore is definitely a safe bet.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Depends on your 12-year-old's tastes. If he only plays CoD and says Halo is for fgt N00bs, then he still needs to grow up. If he's a smart kid with good grades who likes to be challenged, then he'll love it. My 10-year-old friend says the Layton series is one of his favorite franchises.

But if even if you're not quite sure, getting a DS game for under $10 that has that great of a metascore is definitely a safe bet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, he plays Halo... lol. but yes he gets perfect grades and I think he's a pretty smart kid, may give it a shot.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']The difficulty, or lack thereof in Soul Bubbles killed it for me. Thought the concept was pretty good though. No idea if it gets challenging later on.[/QUOTE]

YES, it does get more difficult.

This game is the perfect example of a "DS" game done right. This game could never be done anywhere else and work as well. Both screens are used to perfection, along with the D-Pad.

This is about one of the best DS games you can ever hope to play. Sadly it was a TRU exclusive at release, and was probably only played by a very small amount. A true DS gem, but check out some reviews and video's, as it's not for everyone, but I "Loved" it.

This is a MAJOR update. I don't have time to post links, so please copy and paste titles at Walmart.com or do a low-to-high price search for each console. The new titles are priced lower than the pre-owned! Some prices are not going to be for everyone, but if you're looking to fill holes in your collection or get titles for friends and family then now is your chance. Found these games this morning:

PS3
Shift 2: Unleashed Limited Edition $11.00
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $12.00
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3) $14.00
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) $14.00
El Shaddai - Ascension Of The Metatron $14.96
Jak & Daxter HD Collection (PS3) $15.00
Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) $15.60

Lucha Libre Aaa Heroes Del Ring $9.00
Stoked: Big Air Edition Director's Cut $9.00
Dreamcast Collection $10.00
Guitar Hero II & Guitar Hero Aerosmith Dual Pack $10.00
Venetica $10.00
SKB Superbike World Champ $10.50
EA SPORTS MMA $11.20
Bayonetta $11.20 (Free Store Pickup Only - Unavailable Online)
Singularity $11.20 (Free Store Pickup Only)
Dark Void $11.20 (Free Store Pickup Only)
Divinity II: Ego Draconis w/ Bonus Content $12.00
SBK $12.80
Sega Superstars Tennis $13.00
Otomedius Excellent $13.93

Wii
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (Wii) $8.40
Kirby's Epic Yarn $10.00
Power Punch $11.55
Madagascar 2: Escape 2 Africa $11.90
Ghostbusters $12.32
Excite Truck $12.96
EA Sport Active More Workout Bundle (Wii) $13.00

DS
Spectrobes 2 $6.17
Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals $6.20
Spectrobes $6.20
Puzzle Quest Galatrix $6.83
Personal Trainer: Cooking $7.28
Giana Sisters $8.28
The Legendary Starfy $8.26
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 2 $8.26
Picross 3D $8.33
America's Test Kitchen $8.33
Larvatein Tactics $8.40
Feel The Magic: XY/XX $8.40
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn $8.75
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box $9.00
Retro Atari Classics $9.00
River City Sports Challenge $9.00
Elite Beat Agents $9.64
Rhythm Heaven $9.96
Magical Starsign $10.00
Polarium $11.00
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume $11.29
Miami Law $11.46
Myst $12.00
Spectral Pectral Force Genesis (DS) $12.00
Space Bust-a-Move (DS) $12.97
Drawn To Life Collection $13.00
Final Fantasy III $13.65
Professor Laton: Unwound Future $14.00
Tetris Party Deluxe with BONUS 5 Color Stylus Pens $14.00
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.00
Lufia: Curse Of The Sinistrals (DS) $14.00
Dragon Quest IX $14.96
Personal Trainer: Walking $14.96

[quote name='Navex']Nope, never have.[/QUOTE]

I figured since they match any retailer now without an ad, they would match their own prices...silly me

A lot of those DS games can be had for pretty cheap if you can get it used at Gamestop or Gohastings. Getting them in good condition/complete on the other hand...

Honestly, I personally feel responsible for Walmart.com putting their "Walmart stores do not honor or match prices from Walmart.com" rule in place. It actually might be my fault. Blame me!

Here's why: My local Walmart once had these cool PC kiosk/price scanners at the registers in the electronics section. It was here you could also check prices online at Walmart.com. Sometimes when I would simply price check a game at this PC price scanner I'd get suspicious looks from associates. I once used one of these a long time ago to price match a game on their website. I figured Walmart stores and Walmart.com were all one big happy family. A manager came over and approved the transaction.

This must have set off alarm bells at Walmart corporate in Arkansas, because soon after this was posted on their website:

Walmart stores do not honor or match prices from Walmart.com, other online sellers, or from advertisements outside of a store's local trade territory.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31

Soon after this Walmart corporate must have phased these PC kiosk/price scanners out, because they began to turn them around to face associates or removed them entirely from the store.

Walmart also does not accept expired coupons for grocery and pharmacy items while other competing retailers accept them. Some retail competitor's don't care if a coupon is expired - they just want your business!

Walmart is the very reason I did not go out for Black Friday this year. Last year I went out to visit two Walmart stores on Black Friday and they turned me away when I asked them to to honor "We'll match any competitor's ad" policy. I had the actual ad's with me! They even publicized this price-match Black Friday policy in a press release. An associate explained to me that each Walmart store was like "its own city" with different rules. This made no sense to me.

I sent a polite email to Walmart complaining that they did not honor this policy and I received no answer. So this is the reason why I will never go out for Black Friday again because Walmart does not honor their word.

[quote name='burz88']There are other stores with great deals on black friday ya know.[/QUOTE]

True, but if I could have gotten all of my items price-matched at Wal-Mart with the ads I had it would have been more convenient, there would have also been a greater chance of making impulse buys in grocery (for snacks) and other sections of the store. It would have meant more money from me for Wal-Mart. That's what they just don't understand.

Is the Layton series really that fantastic? Does it ever become tiresome?

Honest question. I've had my thumb in their pie, but am genuinely interested.

Also, anyone have any input on Laevatein Tactics?

Wtf? I never knew excite truck was still available... Thanks to this thread I have no ordered another game I will never play! I did however end up ordering it from Target as it's only $9.99 and free shipping / 5% disc with red card.

[quote name='shadowkast']I figured since they match any retailer now without an ad, they would match their own prices...silly me[/QUOTE]

What pisses me off is that you can do the site to store thing, so I figure they just go pull the item off the shelf and make you walk to the back to pick it up.

Pain in the ass if you ask me.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Is the Layton series really that fantastic? Does it ever become tiresome?

Honest question. I've had my thumb in their pie, but am genuinely interested.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that the true answer is "it depends". How much do you like logic puzzles? What's your tolerance for sliding puzzles? Where do you draw the limit on matchstick puzzles?

For me, I pretty much love logic puzzles/brain teasers. I really dont care for sliding puzzles though. I've played through all three DS Layton games and would still play another if I ever get a 3DS. Just know, the stories are no great works of fiction, but passable. Occasionally, there is a nice quip or one-liner, but I'm not sure the 'mysteries' of the story will drag you along if you dont have a genuine passion for solving puzzles.

[quote name='shadowkast']Do they still not match their own website?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Navex']Nope, never have.[/QUOTE]

Actually walmart stores did price match walmart.com during the holidays last year. They will do the same this year, but I'm not sure when it starts.

bread's done
Back