BestBuy.com 3DS, Star Fox, Icarus, Zelda. 20$ each.

Going to wait and see if Amazon matches or does better. Already have Icarus, and can't really justify $20 on Star Fox after what I've spent this week, but Zelda is awfully tempting.

Thanks for the post!

[quote name='Carjackistan']Going to wait and see if Amazon matches or does better. Already have Icarus, and can't really justify $20 on Star Fox after what I've spent this week, but Zelda is awfully tempting.[/QUOTE]

Serious question: Should I just get Zelda on Wii (U) Virtual Console as opposed to the portable version? Whenever that service comes out (or on Wii Virtual Console as is)? I've never played Ocarina of Time :cry:

[quote name='wongjp']Serious question: Should I just get Zelda on Wii (U) Virtual Console as opposed to the portable version? Whenever that service comes out (or on Wii Virtual Console as is)? I've never played Ocarina of Time :cry:[/QUOTE] Portable version will actually look better due to the upgraded graphics (and of course 3D), and also includes the master quest portion that the VC version won't. I would grab it for 3ds, especially because who knows when the Wii U virtual console stuff will be up.

While more expensive, the 3DS version of Zelda is the best version. While the gameplay isn't really changed but is polished. The water temple isn't so damned frustrating due to being able to equip the boots in one of the item slots (also the arrows to the switches help). If you're an old person like me, the 3DS version looks like I remember the original looking like (i.e. the original is a beautifully designed, but jaggy, blurry mess).

[quote name='wongjp']Serious question: Should I just get Zelda on Wii (U) Virtual Console as opposed to the portable version? Whenever that service comes out (or on Wii Virtual Console as is)? I've never played Ocarina of Time :cry:[/QUOTE]

I want the answer to this too. Good question!

I think I'll bite then. My friend suggested I could always wait with my backlog of games. But at the same time, I don't really partake in B1G1 sales and such. And at this price, it's a fine investment I think.

[quote name='wongjp']I think I'll bite then. My friend suggested I could always wait with my backlog of games. But at the same time, I don't really partake in B1G1 sales and such. And at this price, it's a fine investment I think.[/QUOTE] This is as low as I have seen Zelda go so I think you can buy it and feel really good about the price (and the fact you will be getting an amazing game!) :)

Damn, that OoT 3D price is so good that I think I may purchase it despite the reality that I probably won't own an actual 3DS console for quite some time. Never know when we'll see it for $20 again..

I can not recommend Star Fox at this price. Hasn't held up that well and takes like 20 minutes to play through any one of the paths.

Well, Zelda is Zelda. If you can't see the value there, there isn't much left to say. Starfox is very good, and really shines if you have the XL. It's a little hard to appreciate on the standard 3DS, but I think 20 is good either way.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']How are Star Fox and Zelda on the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Zelda's pretty good. Actually the best looking game on the 3ds after mario imo. They 3d is very good as well.

[quote name='Enixbelmont']Idiotic question: Anyway I can get this in store?[/QUOTE]

yes., if you can you should. saves 3 dollars.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']How are Star Fox and Zelda on the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Had both. You realize you don't need to play these games once again on another system just for 3D. If you already have a backlog I wouldn't waste my time. I'm assuming you played these games before.

When does Bestbuy start handing out games for $5? I know I got about 10 from them last year at this price. It seemed like it was closer to Christmas.

I can't believe no one is upset about paying for shipping. I was going to immediately jump on this but it's 3 bucks per game to ship.

[quote name='Glomerate']I can't believe no one is upset about paying for shipping. I was going to immediately jump on this but it's 3 bucks per game to ship.[/QUOTE]

Free store pickup.

[quote name='opportunity777']I bought all three and did not pay for shipping, but I selected the slowest option.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? How did you do that? It keeps wanting to charge me shipping.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Free store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Very true, but it's just so weird that the top of best buys site even says, free shipping on everything. I like to avoid a trip to the store if at all possible.

I thought I was done shopping but I havent seen any of those games for $20 new. And I was excited when I found NSMB2 sealed at Goodwill. :)

Thank you, OP! I've been waiting forever for Star Fox to go $20 or below. Can't even find it that cheap used. Ah, let the nostalgia begin. :)

[quote name='Glomerate']Oh really? How did you do that? It keeps wanting to charge me shipping.[/QUOTE]

I did not do anything special. I just made sure to choose the standard shipping option.

Product Total: $59.97
Shipping: FREE
Sales Tax: $4.20
Order Total (charged to credit card): $64.17

bread's done
Back