Skylanders Giants figures 50% off at Kroger stores until 12/16

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)
While I was shopping at King Soopers for some brats (the food, not the kids), I got hit in the face with an end sidecap full of "fuck me"

Skylanders Giants single figures: $4.99
Skylanders Giants Lightcore: $5.99
Skylanders Giants Giant Giants: $7.49
Skylanders Giants Triple Packs: $12.49

Offer good until 12/16/2012 aka: enough time to break anyone's will.

Skylanders2.jpg
Skylanders1.jpg

This happens, of course, the very day after I buy a Wham Shell at TRU for $5 (b1g1free, bought two for profit) thus completing my "one of every element" minimum requirement that I wanted for the game.

I only bought Crusher and Slam Bam 2.0...I really hope they sell out soon.

fuck, I need to swing by my krogers and check. Just picked these up at wal-mart for the kids at normal price. Thanks for the head's up OP.

**edit** Called and will be running by tomorrow. Again thanks OP you just saved me a few bucks on christmast gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frys Supermarket doesn't count as a Kroger does it?

I was just there today and Skylanders Giants figures were on sale for $7.99 instead of $9.99, but if there's a chance they might be half-off I'll have to go back.

Just looked in my local ad and sure enough they have them listed but they say $9.99 with card. Will be sure to check it out this week sometime.

Op, what is your zip code? I'm wondering if they have it in their weekly ad. If so, maybe I can BS my local bb to pm :D

Quick off topic Skylanders question. I bought my son the x-box bundle at walmart that comes with the original game and on of the guys the starter set comes with is Trigger Happy. Now I was able to pick up a Legendary Trigger happy at TRU during there B1G1 free sale. Is it worth keeping the Legendary version of Trigger happy if I already have the normal one?

Where the heck are these even in the Kroger store?

Kroger never sold "video games" as far as I know, much less Skylanders...must be looking at the wrong aisle or something.

[quote name='Docsamson']YMMV. Just checked mine out, no go. No signs, and scanned full price.[/QUOTE]

Did you scan your Kroger Plus card beforehand?

[quote name='ajh2298']Quick off topic Skylanders question. I bought my son the x-box bundle at walmart that comes with the original game and on of the guys the starter set comes with is Trigger Happy. Now I was able to pick up a Legendary Trigger happy at TRU during there B1G1 free sale. Is it worth keeping the Legendary version of Trigger happy if I already have the normal one?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, no. My son ended up getting him after he got all the others but didn't play with him as much as I thought he would. So I guess my advice is if you're able to exchange it for a different one, he would probably enjoy that more than a slightly modified version of one he already had.

On topic, I have three Kroger stores within a few miles of me and will definitely be checking this out!

May be regional. Nothing at the kroger I checked in middle TN as in no Skylanders and no faint glimmer of recognition from the employees. I remember a crazy DVD or bluray deal from a few years ago that was regional and TN missed out on it.

[quote name='Docsamson']Has anyone else found anything except the OP?[/QUOTE]yes, I found them at 3 different king soopers here in Colorado Springs. That may be the thing (king soopers only) since that's where the op found them also.

[quote name='Brother Daz']yes, I found them at 3 different king soopers here in Colorado Springs. That may be the thing (king soopers only) since that's where the op found them also.[/QUOTE]

What is a king sooper? Is that the mega Kroger with furniture and stuff?

Friend of mine is an assistant manager at a Starbucks in a Kroger in IL. He just got Skylanders Giants from Wal-Mart on BF and has had Skylanders for a few months now. This sale is great for him due to his employee discount stacking.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='prayformojo']What is a king sooper? Is that the mega Kroger with furniture and stuff?[/QUOTE]

No, King Soopers is just a name of one of their chains of grocery stores.

[quote name='Tiako']What is the big deal about these?[/QUOTE]

I was literally just thinking the same thing. My wife is a Kindergarten teacher and says that her classroom boys are obssessed with these little things.

Kind of like their Pokemon?

What are all these little guys exactly?

Guys this is very YMV, I live in the OH WV area and they are only marked to 9.99. I was able to talk the manager into giving me the price after showing him the OP pics. Good luck to all.

I wonder if this is the case with Smith's or Ralph's, which is what the chain is called out West. I'll check on my way home tonight.

No luck for me. I had to drive from Michigan to Chicago today, and I checked 2 Kroger stores along the way, and a Food 4 Less in Chicago. Only 1 of them had the figures, and they were regularly priced. Grabbed a few anyway in case I decide to try and get them to price match, otherwise I'll probably return them.

[quote name='slidecage']What type of game is skylanders i dont think its anything like an rpg game where you level up people is it[/QUOTE]

It is, pretty much think of it as a kids first RPG. Fun for adults though also. IDK if I would have ever played it if I didn't have a kid.

[quote name='Brother Daz']It is, pretty much think of it as a kids first ROG[/QUOTE]

rog?

so is it worth buying if your older then 30 :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']RPG sorry.

It's fun for adults, not full msrp fun though[/QUOTE]

thanks .... was thinking about getting it for the 3ds just 4 days after they had many of the freaking figures for 3 each on amazon AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

I grabbed those LD figures when they were popping up. 2.99 was a great price for them. The I grabbed giants for the boy at bby on BF and used a $20 cert. on it, getting it for $30. That was about all I was willing to pay for it.

Each little figure has its own chip, and saves it's own level data, upgrades, and so forth. They've got different upgrade lines as well. You can swap characters in the game on the fly, instantly by simply replacing the figure you have on the portal, which is a usb device you hook to the console which reads the chip inside the figure via RFID, and translates the data into the game.

It is very akin to pokemon, in fact, if Nintendo is capable of doing this with the pokemon franchise they wil lnever have to release another game again, they'll have bags of money the size of texas. Kids love it, I'm pretty hardcore about my games and I even enjoy it. Scalpers love it most, I think.

[quote name='DrummerX']Each little figure has its own chip, and saves it's own level data, upgrades, and so forth. They've got different upgrade lines as well. You can swap characters in the game on the fly, instantly by simply replacing the figure you have on the portal, which is a usb device you hook to the console which reads the chip inside the figure via RFID, and translates the data into the game.

It is very akin to pokemon, in fact, if Nintendo is capable of doing this with the pokemon franchise they wil lnever have to release another game again, they'll have bags of money the size of texas. Kids love it, I'm pretty hardcore about my games and I even enjoy it. Scalpers love it most, I think.[/QUOTE]

they go around cutting the little monsters head off :) that would be freaking insane if they did this with pokemon

Checked in Memphis last night and these were still full price. I am mainly looking for wave 2 stuff currently, so it doesn't matter much to me (though those should be hitting stores soon enough).

I can also confirm in Houston they are full price as well. The cashier I asked said they were never on sale so it most likely is YMMV.

I'm thinking they might go on sale next week. The op said the ones he found were half off until 12/16. All the sale items I see in store are good until 12/9. Maybe some stores put them on sale early? /wishfulthinking

Are you guys checking at a king soopers or a different chain of Kroger stores? I posted earlier that it seems like this is limited to only king soopers (Kroger grocery chain)

No Kroger stores out here in southern CA, otherwise I would've picked a few up. I believe the equivalent to Kroger out here is Ralphs and Food 4 Less, although I doubt either store is mirroring this deal.

Frys grocery in AZ had wave one marked for sale but not at 50% off. Regular figures were 7.99, lightcore 8.99, giants 11.99, and 3 packs were priced 19.99. Worth noting that these prices were not ringing correctly on their registers and they had to do an adjustment.

No deals in Cincinnati Kroger either. Will wait to snipe when they do this, Kroger always has toys half off after Christmas. Not sure why this sale seems to be 2 weeks before Christmas, but will watch either way...

if they are just getting into the game

is the first skylanders worth buying or go for the giants

I can get the first skylanders with 4 figures for 40 shipped on ebay is it worth it

some voodoo , stelth elf some prism break and cant remember the 4th

bread's done
Back