Ever receive something you did not order? / Amazon

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!
Received a Samsung Galaxy S III Otter Box from Amazon a little bit ago. It's addressed to me - but I did not order it and my account shows no sign of me ordering it.

Anyone ever receive a mystery package from Amazon? I wonder if I can find out who it was originally intended for?

You're not missing any credit cards or anything? Make sure there's no charges on anything. Did you order anything else that you didn't get and possiby got that in it's place somehow? Nobody gifted it to you?

Other than that I don't know, Merry Christmas to you I guess? I've been randomly given other people's packages but I've never received anything addressed to me (both name and address) that wasn't mine.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You're not missing any credit cards or anything? Make sure there's no charges on anything. Did you order anything else that you didn't get and possiby got that in it's place somehow? Nobody gifted it to you?

Other than that I don't know, Merry Christmas to you I guess? I've been randomly given other people's packages but I've never received anything addressed to me that wasn't mine.[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone who had shipped something to me before accidentally shipped this to me and not themselves?

I only ordered 3 items from Amazon this Black Friday - walking dead blu, walking dead game (digital), and a get a life box dvd set. All three items were delivered.

strange...

[quote name='InvaderZim']Maybe someone who had shipped something to me before accidentally shipped this to me and not themselves?[/QUOTE]
That's possible too. I'd try to narrow that down if there's multiple people and contact them about it. Ask if they were expecting anything they did not receive. Don't just ask someone if they're missing a Samsung Galaxy S III.

I think it happens from time to time with online retailers lol. Once my friend received a package from PLNDR (or w/e that clothing site is) and there were like 5 pairs of Supra's in there! She only used the site once to order a necklace or something like that. Amazon probably just glitched or something *shrug*

Amazon sent me a Hannah Montana DS game once. Apparently at the time is was pretty popular and I ended up selling it on eBay for like $35 or something. I even called Amazon CS and they told me to just keep it. Free money!!!

EDIT: I should add that this game was in a box with some other stuff that I did order.

I have had them ship the wrong item to me before - I ordered a book and they sent me a Julian Workout DVD lol. I contacted Amazon CS and they gave me a credit for the mistake.

Never had a package show up out of the blue though

I ordered a pair of DC shoes off Amazon about a month ago. They said only 1 pair left in stock. The next day I got a cancelation email saying they could not locate the shoes in stock and 2 days later they showed up in my mailbox. They had refunded my gift card from them and I never got a tracking number. Free shoes.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I ordered a pair of DC shoes off Amazon about a month ago. They said only 1 pair left in stock. The next day I got a cancelation email saying they could not locate the shoes in stock and 2 days later they showed up in my mailbox. They had refunded my gift card from them and I never got a tracking number. Free shoes.[/QUOTE]
Score?

Last year I ordered a couple books and it said they were going to show up in one package but I got two. One had the books I ordered and the other had some teenage girl books with my order slip inside of the box and then the original person's order slip way at the bottom so they do seem to mess up from time to time. Also I had one of the Chinese sellers send me 3 iPhone bumpers a week after I ordered one from them.

I ordered one copy of prometheus on blu ray when it was released, and amazon sent me 3 copies of it. I was only charged for one though. After watching the movie, I realized that I was the one that got fucked on this transaction....

I just received two packages from Amazon today. One of them included the two video games that I ordered and the other package had a part for a sewing machine and a music cd. The weird part is that there was no slip inside the packages.

Never anything from Amazon

But newegg did send me the wrong graphics card this year. I ordered a MSI 7870 and they sent me an MSI 7970 instead. I called Newegg and they said keep it and not to worry about it

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I ordered one copy of prometheus on blu ray when it was released, and amazon sent me 3 copies of it. I was only charged for one though. After watching the movie, I realized that I was the one that got
shaqfu.gif
on this transaction....[/QUOTE]

Only once I didnt receive my order, and at the time I was traveling in the states. They actually traced the order and realized the adress was entered wrong. They shipped a new one to me after that, free of charges, so cannot complain.

Haven't had this happen with Amazon, but ThinkGeek once put a couple extra items in my box that I didn't order - things for a baby.

We don't even have a baby.

[quote name='Kylearan']Haven't had this happen with Amazon, but ThinkGeek once put a couple extra items in my box that I didn't order - things for a baby.

We don't even have a baby.[/QUOTE]

ThinkGeek is trying to tell you something.

Amazon has never sent me stuff I didn't order, but Best Buy did last year with those FlingSmash bundles. I ordered 4 and they sent me 5 or 6.

It's happened a few random times over the 12 years I've ordered from Amazon. I always contact them via email or phone about it and let them decide on what should happen to the extra/bonus item.

Once was something I didn't order, a textbook if I remember correctly. Amazon issued me a return label for sending it back to them.

The other times, they were extras of items I already ordered. I think it was a BD movie, a book and a music CD. Those times, I was told to keep them and gave them as gifts.

Randomly, I've had packing lists for other people's orders show up in my shipments, which was amusing when it happened. Happened a few times over a couple of months, and always from a specific fulfillment warehouse.

A while back I got an extra item from something fulfilled by Amazon but not sold by Amazon. I think I ordered Mario Kart 7 from Noram (or one of their many other names) and also got... a new Mass Effect 3 CE for PS3. They, surprisingly, told me to keep it.

Otherwise I've had the same situation as Shrike where I've gotten random packing slips from other orders a few times.

Not Amazon, but I ordered Hot Shots Golf off of Walmart once, and opened it up to find a Leap-Pad Pen or something like that. It was more expensive than my game so I returned it to the store and wound up with about $5-10 left over.

Edit: Not really something that was mis-sent, but I ordered a Vita Game Card case for $4-5 or something like that off of Amazon and found the hinge to be extremely cheap (Nyko 10 Card Case). Since it was less than $10, the CSR advised me to just keep it and she would refund me my purchase costs.

Ordered WWE '13 for $25 on Black Friday but when I got the package Gran Turismo 5 was inside. When I went online to chat with an Amazon rep they told me that apparently this had happened to someone else as well so the item was "under review". Only after I pressured a bit did they say that they could send me the correct game after the "review" was complete instead of just refunding the money.

Here's hoping it all works out.

Amazon sent me a 16GB Flash drive instead of a 32GB SD card I ordered for my 3DS. I contacted them and bought the flash drive anyway since my sister needed one for school.

I bought an original Xbox component cable from Lukiegames and they sent me a PS2 component cable. After I told them about the mistake, they let me keep the PS2 component cables and sent my Xbox component cables a couple days later. Can't complain with a free cable.:D

Not Amazon, but Best Buy:
Placed two orders on Black Friday, first package was fine but the other was supposed to have three games in it. Had Madden 13 and a 500gb usb, went through hell to get my things finally, cs reps sucked and were rude. Said they would send a return label, never got it so traded Madden to gamestop during the extra trade, and plan on using the usb.

I ordered The Walking Dead Season 1 and No Country for Old Men on Blu-Ray. And I received The Walking Dead and a 3 Pack of Screen Protectors for a Samsung Galaxy SIII in stead on the other blu-ray. Out of my hundreds of orders this was a first for me.

bread's done
Back