PS Vita 3G $199.99 with 2 free games AT&T 11/30

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!
Just as a heads up on 11/30 the PS Vita 3G is going on clearance at AT&T for $199.99 with choice of two free games while supplies last. Games are as follows:

Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted
Wipeout
MLB 12

[quote name='shrike4242']Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PSN+, just as a FYI.[/QUOTE]

Good point however if they are retail copies you should be able to resell or trade them for $30 total (give or take a few $) until people actually start taking advantage of PS+

not as good as the black friday bundles or the Amazon AC Liberation bundle but good enough for those that missed out and still want a Vita

[quote name='LazyTriangle']not as good as the black friday bundles or the Amazon AC Liberation bundle but good enough for those that missed out and still want a Vita[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? You get an 8GB memory card and two $20-30 games, plus optional 3G which is something you cannot upgrade. How are the Black Friday bundles better?

[quote name='SDC']Are you serious? You get an 8GB memory card and two $20-30 games, plus optional 3G which is something you cannot upgrade. How are the Black Friday bundles better?[/QUOTE]

With the amazon bundle you got:

Two $40 games
3 months of PS+ (Giving access to 6 more games)
4GB Memory Card
Exclusive White Vita
$20 cheaper.

I would say the Black Friday bundle was better.

[quote name='SDC']Are you serious? You get an 8GB memory card and two $20-30 games, plus optional 3G which is something you cannot upgrade. How are the Black Friday bundles better?[/QUOTE]

Amazon's bundle was $20 less, included 3 months of PS plus ($18 value), a voucher for PS All stars ($40 value, just released), AC3: Liberation ($40) and a 4GB card ($10 less retail value). I'd say that's better.

This is an excellent deal, coming from someone who was scouring the net for Vita deals and finally caved on Amazon's BF bundle.

Cheers to anyone who picks this up. I probably would have gone this route had I missed out on Amazon's.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']can the vita be used as a phone?[/QUOTE]

No. It supports Skype though.

I think most people just wanted the vita for cheap. The bonuses were bonuses, a $180 vita was pretty good. I doubt most want 3G. The bonus games were better/more valuable than this bundle anyways.

This bundle is better if you want 3g and a 8gb mem card.

I would rather use the extra money to get a 32gb card.

Plus "while supplies last".

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I think most people just wanted the vita for cheap. The bonuses were bonuses, a $180 vita was pretty good. I doubt most want 3G. The bonus games were better/more valuable than this bundle anyways.

This bundle is better if you want 3g and a 8gb mem card.

I would rather use the extra money to get a 32gb card.

Plus "while supplies last".[/QUOTE]

I'd say both bundles are a great deal. It depends on what you want more. I can definitely see the argument that the 3G and memory card make the AT&T one better but I wanted a white one and on Amazon I don't pay tax or shipping.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Meh. I'll only consider a Vita when they add Vudu. It's worthless to me otherwise... Why the hell don't they have Vudu yet???? Weird...[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't Apple TV have apps yet?

The AC bundle was a great deal but I prefer a black system for some reason. Yeah fingerprints but the white one does not frame the screen in the same manner and is somehow distracting. That almost made sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='popular penguin']Yeah, I would like to know as well. Where did you find this deal, OP?[/QUOTE]

I only know about in store I don't know if it'll be online. As for how I know, I work for them.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Here is link to check stock status. Vita 3G

The price is showing $299, but it may be different in store.[/QUOTE]

Wow, still $299 online? Where's the deal? I agree with others here, if the included games are physical cards, this deal isn't bad. Black is a great color for the Vita, and an 8gb card, while much too small long term, can come in handy. I already have a 3G launch Vita, but also ordered a white Vita, AC bundle from Amazon's insane BF deal. Love the system, my favorite handheld ever.

[quote name='Nephilim']The AC bundle was a great deal but I prefer a black system for some reason. Yeah fingerprints but the white one does not frame the screen in the same manner. That almost made sense...[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. If Amazon offered the COD bundle w/ the black Vita at the same price and value I would have taken that instead even though I love AC and don't care for COD. However, I bought a black silicone case for it so maybe the color won't matter much anyway.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Is the deal happening now in store because I did a check availability and it was out of stock everywhere except 2 places kinda far out from me.[/QUOTE]

Not unless you somehow traveled into the future... the thread does say 11/30.

[quote name='Nephilim']The AC bundle was a great deal but I prefer a black system for some reason. Yeah fingerprints but the white one does not frame the screen in the same manner and is somehow distracting. That almost made sense...[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I picked up the white bundle. Already have a black. Figured I could sell the white vita to pay off most of the assassins creed bundle extras. For example, if I sell it for $150, I end up paying $29 for 3 months of PS+, AC Liberation, the 4GB card and PSABR code.

I think the white vita personally looks really cool when you have the lights out and the PS logo on the bottom left reflects on the cover.. gives it this neat blue sheen

This bundle costs $20 more (and includes tax), so it pretty much nullifies the advantage of getting an 8gb card (which many will upgrade to a 16/32gb anyway). Hot Shots Golf and MLB 12 are the only games not available free via PS+ , and 3G is useless to anyone who doesnt want to pay for the plan. If you factor in all of that, the advantages are pretty minor.

The Amazon BF AC3 bundle came with 2 recent game releases, 3 months of PS+, an exclusive white color, and it was $20 cheaper. I think the main advantage of this deal is the 3G.. which most of us won't use because the plans are fairly expensive for what you're getting out of it.

yea i had the vita 3g and i just dont see the point of having the 3g. gps? i have my phone for that. plus 3g costs way too much. might as well use hotspot

No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

With this bundle you are getting a 3G Vita ($300 and 8 gig stick), two games (up to $40 each depending on what you choose) for a total cost of $380. You pay $199, a savings of $181.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).

[quote name='Bayshun']No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

With this bundle you are getting a 3G Vita ($300 and 8 gig stick), two games (up to $40 each depending on what you choose) for a total cost of $380. You pay $199, a savings of $181.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).[/QUOTE]

The real $50 difference in savings is 3G. YMMV i'd say. For most, that is not worth even close to $50, which is why the 3G isn't selling.

[quote name='Slowdance']The real $50 difference in savings is 3G. YMMV i'd say. For most, that is not worth even close to $50, which is why the 3G isn't selling.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. No one was buying the 3G bundle at full price. However, before these BF deals started people were actually buying the AC3 bundle at MSRP because it was the best deal available.

[quote name='Bayshun']No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is.. if you're basing it on the MSRP values for each bundle, the AC3 bundle is a better deal to begin with. Hardly anyone is going to use 3G, and many will be upgrading the 8gb card. 8gb is enough if you're ok with keeping just a few games on the card, and swapping them out whenever you need to.. but you'll probably be upgrading if you buy a lot of stuff off of PSN.

Yes, you won't keep the free PS+ games permanently if you don't keep your subscription, but TBH 3 months of PS+ is more than enough time to finish or play through Uncharted and Wipeout extensively. Not only that, but many CAGs got a crap ton of free PS+ codes from IGN recently. The game choices from the 3G Vita bundle don't seem so great, the best choice if you already have PS+ is probably Hot Shots Golf which is consistently cheap..

[quote name='sunghost']This bundle costs $20 more (and includes tax), so it pretty much nullifies the advantage of getting an 8gb card (which many will upgrade to a 16/32gb anyway). Hot Shots Golf and MLB 12 are the only games not available free via PS+ , and 3G is useless to anyone who doesnt want to pay for the plan. If you factor in all of that, the advantages are pretty minor.

The Amazon BF AC3 bundle came with 2 recent game releases, 3 months of PS+, an exclusive white color, and it was $20 cheaper. I think the main advantage of this deal is the 3G.. which most of us won't use because the plans are fairly expensive for what you're getting out of it.[/QUOTE]

Not to forget the $10 coupon towards ACIII for ps3 or 360.

I think this comes down to what features are more important to the consumer, than looking at it strictly in dollars and cents terms. I 'wanted' a white Vita so that has an intangible value, and I'm not interested in the 3G so that feature is worthless to me. The 4gb/8gb card thing is also irrelevant to me because in either case I'd be selling it to upgrade to 32. Of course the 8gb will fetch a little more but the AC bundle on BF was also $20 cheaper. Not to forget the $10 ACIII coupon, which is or isn't important depending on whether you want the game or not.

It really is a YMMV thing.....

What's the point of all the bickering about what deal is better? The Amazon BF bundle is long gone and this is an upcoming deal so if someone is looking for a vita this is a better deal because its the only one that's obtainable.

Anyone know if the online tracker is accurate? Every location within 25 miles of me is out of stock. Don't know if driving 1+ hours in afternoon traffic to get this is worth it.

[quote name='chopper731']What's the point of all the bickering about what deal is better? The Amazon BF bundle is long gone and this is an upcoming deal so if someone is looking for a vita this is a better deal because its the only one that's obtainable.[/QUOTE]

until a time machine deal comes along. :lol:

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']until a time machine deal comes along. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Sadly it wouldn't be allowed on here because it's not a "game" deal.

I can also confirm this deal. Most stores would probably have 1-2 or nothing in stock. You can order it in store and have free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FallenCow']Anyone know if the online tracker is accurate? Every location within 25 miles of me is out of stock. Don't know if driving 1+ hours in afternoon traffic to get this is worth it.[/QUOTE]

It isn't accurate for the most part. Most maybe out of stock, but it was showing out of stock at stores that supposedly had it according to the in-store inventory system. Best bet would be to call the store or just order one in store.

So what's the deal here? Is this a deal? Was this a deal?? And why can't people get this deal if it's real that it's a deal?

[quote name='BetaDemo']So what's the deal here? Is this a deal? Was this a deal?? And why can't people get this deal if it's real that it's a deal?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if you are serious, but op stated it starts on 11/30. So deal is not live yet. It will be effective until Dec 31, while supplies last. Not sure if deal would be live online or in-store only.

[quote name='BetaDemo']So what's the deal here? Is this a deal? Was this a deal?? And why can't people get this deal if it's real that it's a deal?[/QUOTE]
I would say it's no longer a deal... http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/29/new-ps-vita-ps-plus-bundle-available-next-week/

Sony seems to have 1-up'd them with the bundle that includes a year of PS+. It'd be pretty awesome if the AT&T bundle ended up being that version with 2 additional games but it doesn't appear to be.

does the vita even have 3G anymore... i turned my vita on the other day and it said CONNECTION PROBLEMS .. the 3G does not even show up on the system anymore and i can only connect via wi fi only

bread's done
Back