Why isn't Halo 4 going on sale?

Snake Eater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is the only big game that isn't going on sale (besides CODBO2), there is no way this game is selling that well when I see stacks of them every store I go to

I'll just say because it's not going on sale because it sucks.

I'd say the real reason it is not going on sale is that generally when you have a game like that, people will pay whatever for it. In a way it is better for them to not discount it.

Example:
I have $60. I can buy Halo 4, because I enjoyed the previous 3 games, or I can buy 3 $20 games, like Batman, CoD, whatever. However, because a lot of people like Halo, they will buy it anyways, possibly not buying anything else, so they are going to play more Halo which means less money and time for other games. I'm not sure how the community is, but I would venture to say there are less people playing every night after 6 months than after 1 month.

They'll make money and keep people from playing other stuff until the initial thrill of the game goes away, by that time they mark it down and don't lose much, since they already made a ton earlier by not discounting.

Nintendo seems to do the same thing with their main franchises--Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon. Pokemon Black still costs $30 or $35, and the sequel is out for $35, but people buy them both!

same reason Black Ops 2 isn't going on sale, they are the top 2 games this year. People will buy and are buying them at full price so why put them on sale?

High demand, high price. Also it's great, well worth the $60 if you're into multiplayer at all.

It was technically on sale for $50 right before Thanksgiving, in that TRU sale where they took $10 off of any $60 game (or $15/each off of 2 I believe). I got a BB price match on it from that sale.

Console exclusives are usually the slowest to see price cuts. Look to the pricing history of Reach or Gears of War 3 for a similar timetable.

[quote name='Zaku77']Because just like CoD it doesn't really need to. lol[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much the answer. Basically it boils down to Halo and CoD franchises don't need to even think about having a sale because the game sells. There is no incentive for the publisher/retailer to cut the cost when people are more than willing to hand over full retail for something. Now give it a few months, maybe around Easter or so and maybe then the sales will have slowed down and MS may use a Halo 4 sale or possible price drop as a tactic to sell some Xbox units. Activision however has zero incentive to do so since CoD is a multiplatform title and even the older titles still sell at a decent rate for near or full retail even a year or so after their release and a newer title has come out.

I have it for sale. :p

(another shameless plug)

Well it's not on sale cause it's selling a ton right now, and why would you drop the price if it's selling for $60

Wait til January or the end of December for a $40 sale

bread's done
Back