@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I knew waiting on Dragon's Dogma was a good idea. Will be nice to actually use a coupon instead of just sitting on them like I have been these last few months.

[quote name='Darknuke']I wonder if you can do $25 off MP9 and $10 off a used MP9 for $35 off... :D[/QUOTE]Ah...no. The game coupons are only good on new copies of the respective titles.

Red Faction Armageddon is currently $9.99 (at least for PS3). That seems like such an odd coupon since the game is fairly old and they went out of stock on them when they had that big blowout sale a few months ago. I guess they must have found a few extra pallets of them in the warehouse.

Does this mean a free copy of Red Faction: Armageddon? Or is the coupon console specific?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Red+Faction%3A+Armageddon+-+PlayStation+3/1067957.p?id=1218216965026&skuId=1067957&st=Red%20faction%20Armageddon%20&lp=1&cp=1

Dragon's Dogma is a 4 hour game with 36 hours of poorly designed filler and 4 hours of medieval fantasy dress up dolls.

There's fun but it really should be $15 by now. Closer to what it is worth.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Red Faction Armageddon is currently $9.99 (at least for PS3). That seems like such an odd coupon since the game is fairly old and they went out of stock on them when they had that big blowout sale a few months ago. I guess they must have found a few extra pallets of them in the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it...

[quote name='Rsmobile']Dragon's Dogma is a 4 hour game with 36 hours of poorly designed filler and 4 hours of medieval fantasy dress up dolls.

There's fun but it really should be $15 by now. Closer to what it is worth.[/QUOTE]

That isn't true at all. The game has an interesting quest line with a kick-ass New Game+ mode. Also, new modes are coming out next week which will include a Hard mode and some sort of trial thing.

[quote name='yepsryd']Does this mean a free copy of Red Faction: Armageddon? Or is the coupon console specific?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Red+Faction%3A+Armageddon+-+PlayStation+3/1067957.p?id=1218216965026&skuId=1067957&st=Red%20faction%20Armageddon%20&lp=1&cp=1
[/QUOTE]
Even if it is free for the :ps3:, I don't think I will be able to find one in the store, haven't seen this around for a while now.

i'm tempted by dragons dogma but since it's a capcom game i won't buy it. i rented, played and liked it but felt some of the quests, traveling weren't the most polished. Story was kinda lame but i really did enjoy the gameplay.

no matter what price it is, i will not buy capcom because of their on disc dlc, color swap dlc, and general asshattery

[quote name='Rsmobile']Dragon's Dogma is a 4 hour game with 36 hours of poorly designed filler and 4 hours of medieval fantasy dress up dolls.

There's fun but it really should be $15 by now. Closer to what it is worth.[/QUOTE]

^ Idiot^.

I'm glad I ignored what certain people said on Dragons Dogma. It's an incredible game with the BEST RPG fighting system I have ever seen. Lots of game here. Think...Baldurs hate meets Dark Souls meets Final Fantasy Tactics.

Armageddon unavailable in all stores near me. Can you do ship to store and then return/rebuy or something when you get there?

[quote name='tokyostomp']
no matter what price it is, i will not buy capcom because of their on disc dlc, color swap dlc, and general asshattery[/QUOTE]

I can see that. They do out go out of their way to piss off their consumers it seems. Color swap DLC doesn't bother me though. I say if someone wants to pay for that crap then more power to them.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Man, Dragons Dogma is still $60?[/QUOTE]

Unless you were lucky enough to get it for $9.99 via the recent Microsoft store sale. I almost bought it for $39.99 as a lightning deal just days before. Glad I held off.

I imagine THQ has a bunch of RF:A copies ready to be distributed and sold off to recoup anything they possibly can before they file for bankruptcy.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i'm tempted by dragons dogma but since it's a capcom game i won't buy it. i rented, played and liked it but felt some of the quests, traveling weren't the most polished. Story was kinda lame but i really did enjoy the gameplay.

no matter what price it is, i will not buy capcom because of their on disc dlc, color swap dlc, and general asshattery[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your altruism, however, I think the only difference between Capcom and other publishers is that they are dumb enough to leave DLC on disk instead of leaving it on a server to download to make people think it was completed after the game was done. I seriously doubt any publisher or developer crams everything in their game and then gets ideas for add-ons after the game is finished.

That being said, I do think some developers and publishers are worse in how they approach development of DLC and add-ons. I'm sure there are some that reach a certain amount of gameplay time in development and then cut other stuff out so it can be DLC later on since they know that buyers will be satisfied as long as the base game is XX hours long.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Definitely interested in Toy Story. The park attraction is awesome![/QUOTE]

I was underwhelmed by the game. Still enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but don't think its going to be that experience. for the right price it is worth it. FWIW, an easy 1000gs too :)

Ok wait, so was there never a deal on Dead or Alive 5? I've been waiting all month and expected something on Black Friday. WTF? The coupon is decent but I'm not paying $45 for that game.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Ok wait, so was there never a deal on Dead or Alive 5? I've been waiting all month and expected something on Black Friday. WTF? The coupon is decent but I'm not paying $45 for that game.[/QUOTE]

Nope :cry: I was hoping for one too.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Ok wait, so was there never a deal on Dead or Alive 5? I've been waiting all month and expected something on Black Friday. WTF? The coupon is decent but I'm not paying $45 for that game.[/QUOTE]

If BB allowed PM'ing on Black Friday, you could have pm'ed GS's $30 price and walked away with the game for $15. How awesome would that would of been?

It was 29.99 everywhere on BF

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If BB allowed PM'ing on Black Friday, you could have pm'ed GS's $30 price and walked away with the game for $15. How awesome would that would of been?[/QUOTE]

Its Highly YMMV with PMing and coupon. Double dipping.

[quote name='Dysheekie']In for Dogma, only if it hits $20 after coupon[/QUOTE]

Same here. I played the demo way back and was fairly unimpressed (lots of great ideas, but they all seemed half baked), but I know many people who have played this game obsessively since launch and said to not judge it by the demo. I've been waiting for it to hit $20 ever since. There's so few good fantasy games out there that I'll be happy with even a mediocre one at this point.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Starting to regret renewing my subscription a couple months back. The coupons have been lousy.[/QUOTE]

So you didn't pre-order any games or do any trade ins?

Good set of coupons for the month, Gears 3 at $15 isn't bad if you've missed out on the bajillion sales at $20 or less thus far (it's $13 used LN on AWD right now). I'll definitely take a swing at DD if it goes on sale and there's at least one RF:Armageddon in the neighborhood that I'll snag for kicks.

Yuck! ... Dragon's Dogma was $9.99 on Microsoft's over the weekend. The only deal BB has right now that I'm looking at is the $10 off Littlebigplanet for Vita. Hoping it drops in price from $40 so I can get it for around $15-20.

I would like to find a copy of Red Faction for PS3 but the online stock checker is saying it's unavailable at every Best Buy near me.

[quote name='fortunado']Yuck! ... Dragon's Dogma was $9.99 on Microsoft's over the weekend. The only deal BB has right now that I'm looking at is the $10 off Littlebigplanet for Vita. Hoping it drops in price from $40 so I can get it for around $15-20.[/QUOTE]

i love microsoft for putting out those crazy deals, but at the same time, now its 10 or bust, and i feel like all year long any game that is mentioned that was on the microsoft site,we will see a "but this was 10 dollars on ms site"

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Yeah Microsoft was sold out of the ps3 version of dragon's dogma so some of us who bought a different console are excited for a sale on this.[/QUOTE]

no waaayyy they carry sony stuff??

DoA 5 was $30 new, $28 used at GS during BF, unless you had BB GC/RC/trade credit to spend.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It was 29.99 everywhere on BF[/QUOTE]

GS was the only B&M that had it at that price. If Amazon/NewEgg had it they were just PM'ing the GS price.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Yeah Microsoft was sold out of the ps3 version of dragon's dogma so some of us who bought a different console are excited for a sale on this.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping you were trying to make a joke.

I feel like the deal on the MS site was so limited that we can't really complain too much about everyone being able to buy DD at say...$20. I know I would really consider it at that price myself.

bread's done
Back