Xbox 360 Skylanders holiday bundle @ Walmart.com for 149 + Tax and free store pickup

romodome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Stolen from Slickdeals. Good deal. Just change the zip code to the onel isted and once you check out, change the pickup location to one near you. IF it sells out in that zip code, just change it to one in stock. Didnt see a thread for it.

Ripped from SLICKDEALS: WORD FOR WORD.

Xbox 360 Skylanders holiday bundle @ Walmart.com for 149 + Tax and free store pickupHello all,

I own a PS3 and could not decide whether to buy an xbox 360 but looking at its amazing Kinect play line I was really impressed so I started searching for a good deal.
Here is what I finally ordered.

And here is how you will score one near your Walmart.

To begin with, you will have to place any damn order and select as store pickup. In this order you select the store which is your preffered pickup store and then place order.

Note: Don't forget to cancel this order after placing your xbox order.

Now comes the xbox 360 order. Follow below instructions.

1. Click here:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-36.../21834948?

2. Enter zip code 48706 for store pickup. (Select any one near you which show it as available for pickup today. I gave an example of Bay City, MI store which has multiple of these in stock.)
3. Click add to cart
4. Proceed to checkout.and at first tab which says shipping and pickup, it will show you the store where you picked something earlier along with its address and a link "Use this store instead".
5. Click and select that store near your house.
6. Place your order
7. Your order will be shipped by walmart to that store and will be ready for pickup in a weeks time.

Enjoy the XBOX 360 and flip anything that you don't want. Also pass on the Kinect deal for me please

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Basically you can trick the walmart site to sell you the Skylanders/xBox 360 bundle fo $150 insteand of $200 saving you 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Hey OP, you might want to make the thread subject a tad more descriptive...

1zmjyae.jpg

[quote name='barrit']I like the part about the amazing Kinect play line.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, this doesn't come with a Kinect. I checked. Would consider it if it actually did.

To be fair to OP, sounds like a good deal and you could flip the Skylanders to get the console for 100ish.

[quote name='PublikDefender']the actual deal/glitch is fine, but the thread title ridiculous. and the op has been a member since 2004. wtf?[/QUOTE]

fixed it.

This unit does not come with HDD right?
And how much would it cost for me to upgrade to 250GB?

Ordered one, pending if i want to pick it up......

[quote name='leung19']This unit does not come with HDD right?
And how much would it cost for me to upgrade to 250GB?

Ordered one, pending if i want to pick it up......[/QUOTE]

I'm not suggesting you skip getting a HDD, but the 360 does let you use flash drives as memory.

However, there is a 320gb HDD for the 360 for sale on Amazon for $65.99

[quote name='jayntampa']I'm not suggesting you skip getting a HDD, but the 360 does let you use flash drives as memory.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game and whether or not it supports certain features saving to flash or USB drives. I picked up a 4GB a while back and one of my games didn't support replays without a hard drive. So, I put in a second hand drive. I expected the replay files to be huge, but they were tiny and would've easy fit tons of them on the 4GB flash memory or on a thumb drive, but the game just didn't support it.

[quote name='jayntampa']I'm not suggesting you skip getting a HDD, but the 360 does let you use flash drives as memory.

However, there is a 320gb HDD for the 360 for sale on Amazon for $65.99[/QUOTE]

i found one is listed as OEM 320GB for around $51 any good?

I went into Walmart and there was almost a full pallet of these and as of two days ago, they were still selling them for $150. Right across the isle from the almost full pallet of white Wii's going for $90.

[quote name='leung19']i found one is listed as OEM 320GB for around $51 any good?[/QUOTE]

Probably, just might be the chance you can't put original Xbox titles on it, thats the only thing that comes to mind.

[quote name='loomis1975']Probably, just might be the chance you can't put original Xbox titles on it, thats the only thing that comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain why?

Hello! I bought one of these. Sold the green Skylanders figure for 30 bucks on Ebay. Next up is to put an old 60 GB hard drive from a Gamestop sale inside it. Great deal for those that want a 360!

[quote name='loomis1975']Probably, just might be the chance you can't put original Xbox titles on it, thats the only thing that comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='leung19']Can you explain why?[/QUOTE]

MS limits backwards compatibility of original XBox games to having an official MS HDD that has the files on it to authorize them to work on a 360. Many used/refurbished drives sold by NewEgg, EBay, Microcenter, Fry's, etc. will not have the files needed.

Used ones at GS are fine b/c they're ones traded in that have been wiped by the original store that took it in and the GS factory in Texas.

[quote name='MSUHitman']MS limits backwards compatibility of original XBox games to having an official MS HDD that has the files on it to authorize them to work on a 360. Many used/refurbished drives sold by NewEgg, EBay, Microcenter, Fry's, etc. will not have the files needed.

Used ones at GS are fine b/c they're ones traded in that have been wiped by the original store that took it in and the GS factory in Texas.[/QUOTE]

So will i have any problem with game saving or anything else beside playing old xbox game?

I'm wondering if i should get this or wait for the 199 holiday bundle sale again.

thanks

bread's done
Back