The Binding of Isaac remake in the works, coming to PC, PS3, Vita

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!
http://edmundm.com/post/36798306331/binding-of-isaac-console-remake-details

-Produced and developed by Nicalis
-Confirmed for PS3, Vita, and PC. Nicalis currently talking to Microsoft and Nintendo.
-Includes all content from base game and Wrath of the Lamb plus new batch of content about as big as Wrath that adds lots of stuff such as 2 new characters, yet another new ending, and yet another final chapter
-Remake has content that did not make it into the original version
-Local 2-player co-op
-New music and remixes by Danny Baranowsky
-Balance changes
-The remake will have new 16-bit visuals
-Edmund McMillen is working on to have some sort of loyalty discount for anyone who currently owns the game on PC

Game should be out late in 2013.

[quote name='Rosterking']This game is not that great.[/QUOTE]

I see it all over steam though... seems like everyone I game with has it.

It looks like a Zelda type game? I'll try the 360 version when it comes out.

minecraftq.jpg

Really loved this game when it came out. I'm happy to see it's going to get a second wind on consoles, especially after Nintendo nixed the 3DS port.

I could careless. I bought it on Steam back in the summer. I'm sorry, but if I have to screw around to Joy2Key or whatever the heck that program is, screw you

I'm pretty sure you had to use Joy2Key because it was a flash game, though I don't know enough about flash to know if you can implement gamepads.

Anywho, this is good news! Saw some screenshots and it looks great.

Poll results and new mock-up screens: http://edmundm.com/post/37223982057/binding-of-isaac-retro-remake-the-results-are-in

Also, Edmund divulged new details in a recent interview:
-Nicalis will first remake the whole game (base Isaac plus Wrath of the Lamb) then Edmund will step in to add the new content.
-16-bit pixelated art style is here to stay. The old look will not be included.
-Isaac's pixel look currently a work in progress. His head size will actually be bigger because of the limited amount of detail the pixel look allows.
-Arcades will be made to be less of a time sink. Edmund is considering making slot machines explode more often.
-You will encounter new items that are sensitive to time, which will get players to finish a floor sooner.
-The new extra floor seems likely to appear after Sheol. The choice between going to Sheol or the Cathedral after The Womb/Utero will be made more interesting.
-There will not be "custom" challenge runs. However, there will be a character that touches on the concept of them.
-No in-game guide to tell you what items do.
-New ending.
-New secrets that will be hard to find.
-New "spider love" item that works similarly to the Skatole, only for, you know, spiders.
-Smooth, steady frame rate is a priority.
-Really crappy items like Lemon Mishap and Poop will be buffed. In the case of Lemon Mishap, its creep will stay onscreen longer.
-Very, very likely no new items that enable your character to fly. Edmund admits he overdid that with Wrath of the Lamb.

And in case you skimmed over it in the poll results post:
-The ability to save and resume your game will be in Rebirth.
-There might be a feature to screenshot your final look when you beat the game.
-Local co-op confirmed though there might be the possibility of drop-in support as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back