Lego Lord of The Rings PS3 - $25 at Walmart YMMV?

wolfgang2399

CAGiversary!
Just bought Lego Lord of The Rings at Walmart for ps3 for $25. Came with a Blu Ray copy of Fellowship of the Ring. I can't find it on their website. It has a digipack like case.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...5361400502451&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

there is the link. Its dead, but you might can find it instore.
dQTQk

Walmart closest to me has it OOS but another one on the other side of town says it has copies. May have to look around this weekend and see if I get lucky.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Is it the entire trilogy or just the Fellowship?[/QUOTE]

Just the Fellowship is included on Blu Ray.

I'm seeing a couple stores in Iowa carrying the $30 one online. I'll try the local one tomorrow and maybe some others nearby if I strike out there.

My local wal mart had it marked at $49.98. Showed them the website link on my phone and they price matched the $30 listed on the site.

Swing and a miss in Smithfield, NC. Just the standard LEGO LOTR for the PS3. There was a Wii version available for $39.96 that included a DVD of the Fellowship of the Rings. Good luck to others.

[quote name='cgm']Swing and a miss in Smithfield, NC. Just the standard LEGO LOTR for the PS3. There was a Wii version available for $39.96 that included a DVD of the Fellowship of the Rings. Good luck to others.[/QUOTE]

I found a Blu ray included copy on an end cap display. The regular display case had just the game with no Blu Ray

[quote name='ohscaryone']I found a Blu ray included copy on an end cap display. The regular display case had just the game with no Blu Ray[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't see it on an endcap, but I didn't look very hard there either. I may try again tomorrow.

Marked full price at my store as well. Didn't feel like fighting a Wal-Mart employee for a price match so left it there.

just got it for $30 which is the price currently shown in that link posted above. It rang up at full price, but I showed the manager the link and he matched it. Thanks for the post!

I would have jumped on this but I already have all 3 movies in the mail now from the wal-mart pricing error a few months back. (2 sets actually) I can wait for the game to be $15.

[quote name='rnocerino']What are the odds of Walmart matching the price in the picture? Anyone have any success? It's priced $39.96 at my local Walmart, checked earlier.[/QUOTE]

Try it, the worst they can do is say no. They have a price matching policy until Dec 24th but I doubt they will do it off of a picture of a price tag. They will give you no trouble with the $30 web site price match.

this is crap deal if only 1 walmart has it on sale lets get real op u only post this 2 'brag" not 2 "help" go 2 some other site u narcist gamer...

it mean that only 1 locater has it or a few out of thousand across the whole regon... which mean that only 1% or less cna get on deal... wich mean that it useless.... they only post ymmv deal 2 brag... this is cheap ass gamer... not cheap ass brag.... com

[quote name='prmtyme']whats does ymmv mean anyway i been wondering that for awhle[/QUOTE]

"Your Mileage May Vary"
though, around here, judging from the posts, it could also mean "You May Moan Vehemently"

Yes, clearly this was one Walmart.

http://hip2save.com/2012/11/23/walmart-lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-ps3-game-bonus-fellowship-of-the-ring-blu-ray-only-25/

http://slickdeals.net/f/5563816-Lego-Lord-of-the-Rings-w-Wal-Mart-Exclusive-Bonus-The-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-Blu-Ray-PS3-25

http://dealnews.com/LEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-for-PS3-Bundle-for-25-pickup-at-Walmart-more/638951.html

Etc etc etc

Hmm I don't know if its worth dealing with Walmarts quality employees cream of the crop they piss me off -_- I asked about if I'd get a price they mistagged they looked for 20 mins for the manager gave up and told me to come back later...

[quote name='pasolini']"Your Mileage May Vary"
though, around here, judging from the posts, it could also mean "You May Moan Vehemently"[/QUOTE]

Actually its "your market may vary", but we've turned it into mileage somehow

[quote name='150Calories']this is crap deal if only 1 walmart has it on sale lets get real op u only post this 2 'brag" not 2 "help" go 2 some other site u narcist gamer...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='150Calories']it mean that only 1 locater has it or a few out of thousand across the whole regon... which mean that only 1% or less cna get on deal... wich mean that it useless.... they only post ymmv deal 2 brag... this is cheap ass gamer... not cheap ass brag.... com[/QUOTE]

[quote name='150Calories']op jus kno im not being a jerk this is construct crisicm... jus dont post deal anymore...[/QUOTE]

82564605.gif

[quote name='150Calories']it mean that only 1 locater has it or a few out of thousand across the whole regon... which mean that only 1% or less cna get on deal... wich mean that it useless.... they only post ymmv deal 2 brag... this is cheap ass gamer... not cheap ass brag.... com[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot plain and simple. How could one person who finds a deal at a store know that it is only at that store? As a lot of deals end up on here, he put YMMV. The locater shows about 4 walmarts near me have the game but havent gone in to check pricing yet. This also isnt cry baby gamer...com so get over yourself.

[quote name='shadowkast']Actually its "your market may vary", but we've turned it into mileage somehow[/QUOTE]

It really started out way before forums as lieterally your mileage may vary, as it was used in automobile advertising.

I was at a Walmart in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. Although they were sold out, the clerk knew exactly what I was talking about when I had asked for the Lego LOTR promotion game. So I guess it's in more than one area. Hopefully I get a chance to go to another Walmart today. The three closest Walmart's to me have the item sold out according to their website. I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found it at two W-M's in Texas. Definitely YMMV as both were $40. Employees at both stores knew the price off the top of their heads, too (yes, I still scanned them).

Tried at a Wal Mart in Georgetown, KY. Vehemently denied a price match to the website. "We don't price match anything online" I was told. So, no buy for me. If anybody could pick up one for me I can pay you via PayPal, as I wanted to buy this for my brother for Christmas and $25 is an awesome price for that and the Blu Ray.

[quote name='ohscaryone']Try it, the worst they can do is say no. They have a price matching policy until Dec 24th but I doubt they will do it off of a picture of a price tag. They will give you no trouble with the $30 web site price match.[/QUOTE]

As I posted above, this is not necessarily true. My store gave me PLENTY of trouble with the website price. My roommate has had that same experience before, so maybe my store just sucks, but they acted like it was a policy.

I love the Lego games, but I have never paid more than $20 for them. The prices on these things plummet within 6 months. I'll wait until April to pick it up.

Went to another Walmart. It rang up as $39.99 but when I showed him the website, the clerk gave it to me for $30. For those CAGs in the Fort Lauderdale area, the Walmart located at 7300 W McNab Rd in North Lauderdale had about 5 more copies in stock. They were behind the other Lego LOTR games though so you have to check. The one with the Blu-ray movie has a cardboard outer cover, so its easy to differentiate.

bread's done
Back