Looking for a guitar

Darkstar

CAGiversary!
I am lookin for a guitar, one that would be good for starters. Not looking for anything special, but i want a decent one. No Wal-Mart brand kinds...

If you have one, tell me what kind and how much you want for it.
THANKs!

[quote name='karmapolice620']Get a squire fender pack...cheap and pretty good...I mean it comes w/ case,amp,cords,and a guitar...decent for starting out...[/quote]

i agree, but if this guy is into, say, heavy metal, then there would be other options that might please him more.

but, if you want a good, all-around, inexpensive way to start out then i would agree with the Squire pack suggestion.

If your into heavy metal get a silvertone...I dont like em much but theyre ok...but for all around like organicow said get the squire

[quote name='guessed']Acoustic or electric?[/quote]

Acoustic, I am into Nirvana's type of music...

How much would this Squire pack cost? Or around?

I wanna get the cheapest, but the best cheapest.... If any of you guys are selling it would be great. Or just give me any info... Thanks guys!!

There's the Squier Strat Pack, which is good, it's not a Stratocaster, but it's pretty good. There's also an Ibanez pack out there though, which I have tried and which I liked more.

What I recommend is that you go down to your local guitar Center or whatever is in your area and try out the guitars there. You cannot know what you like unless you try it out first.

BTW, if you want to know, The Squier pack is around 270-280 and the Ibanez is somewhere around that price too.

Yo I just got Musicians Friend today and they have a new Epiphone Les Paul Jr for 99.99. Its very cool looking. It only comes in silver but thats not too bad.

The best thing for heavy metal is a pedal.

You can't just start playing heavy metal though, you'll have to learn a bunch of stuff first.

That sucks. It's happened to me a lot too, though

I just keep at it, When you get pissed, you tend to learn faster.

grayghost81 wrote:
Yo I just got Musicians Friend today and they have a new Epiphone Les Paul Jr for 99.99. Its very cool looking. It only comes in silver but thats not too bad.

You know those are for kids right? They're not full sized, so unless you want to be really different and/or look like a really big person who greatly outsizes his guitar; it's better to just stick with a full-sized .

[quote name='Darkstar']I am lookin for a guitar, one that would be good for starters. Not looking for anything special, but i want a decent one. No Wal-Mart brand kinds...

If you have one, tell me what kind and how much you want for it.
THANKs![/quote]

Check out a local music store for used stuff. Sometimes you can pick up a yamaha or ibanez acoustic fairly cheap. Ibanez makes a Talman acoustic/electric that sounds good for $199.
It all depends on what you call cheap. Just look for a decent brand. Check out Musiciansfriend.com to see how they rate too.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i always check out guitar center for their sales.[/quote]

for shizzel. Ive always found guitar center to be the best.
The guy said acoustic by the way.

Just go into what ever music chain you have near you and pick up some guitars.
see what feels good in your hands, give it a strum or two and see what has a nice tone.

if you cant play anything , pick put a few guitars that feel good to you and ask an employee to play something on each of them.

Check for those models on musicians friend website.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']Darkstar I have an electric guitar and a baby amp if ur interested.[/quote]

I am... I will PM you.

Thanks again to everyone, If I can't work out anything with BasketCase I am gonna check my Mike's Music.

once you determine the exact type of guitar that you are looking for, Ebay all the way... there's definitely some great deals out there on musical itmes!

A guy offered me a guitar, not sure if its a good deal or not.
Here's how it goes: J. Reynolds Electric Guitar, baby amps, alien picks, the cable, the strap, all for $155? I'm not sure if thats good or not, and one more thing, IS a 39 inch guitar (size of the J. Reynolds Electric Guitar) a good size for me? I am 5'10-5'11... Thanks..

Check out Harmony Central: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/

They have tons of reader reviews for all kinds of music gear, including J. Reynolds guitars.

You know those are for kids right? They're not full sized, so unless you want to be really different and/or look like a really big person who greatly outsizes his guitar; it's better to just stick with a full-sized .

I didn't know the Epiphone Les Paul Jr was 3/4 scale...I really like the look and feel of Les Paul style guitars...I should've gotten that instead of the Standard Squier Strat I ended up with...especially since I'm 5'3" and have tiny hands.

bread's done
Back