Surface Pro priced at $899 for 64GB and $999 for 128GB (Includes stylus, no keyboard)

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
what do you guys think?

i personally bought the acer w510 this past monday when it was discounted on the microsoft online store by $100 (total with tax and $0 shipping was $433)

when i read about the announced price for the surface pro today, i thought of perhaps reselling the w510 i bought (which will arrive either Saturday or next Monday), since win 8 tablets are hard to come by... and just wait for the surface pro until January.

but then i changed my mind, and im going to keep my tablet. i wont use it any different from how i use my desktop PC. i wont play games, so ill be fine with the w510.

well i also changed my mind cuz im broke :roll:

but thats a different story har harrr

I'll probably get one

But I'm at IT consultant and power user. Most people (non gamers) would be fine with one of the cheaper tablets running Win 8 with the Atom CPUs that Dell and others have out now.

Can the surface run current games at low settings though?

I did take gaming into conssideration, but I was afraid that the surface will get hot and that the framerate will suffer

It's a Core i5 processor, so I assume it's going to be the ULV, like the 3371U CPU (which uses the Intel HD 4000 GPU chipset)

I think it's safe to say that it'll run current games on at least low settings. It's not built to be a powerhouse though, or gaming for that matter.

For that much they need to include the damn keyboard, otherwise I'd just buy a laptop. Plus they still need to work out some issues with that Office "preview".

Yeah this is ridiculous. They want to beat Apple, at at those prices, no way in hell. It has even worse battery life, even if it built like an Ultrabook.

If you can't tell the difference between a laptop and a tablet then you're probably not the target demographic (which is quite large, BTW.)

People have been bashing tablets for awile now but they show no signs of letting up or being a fad.

[quote name='BigPopov']If you can't tell the difference between a laptop and a tablet then you're probably not the target demographic (which is quite large, BTW.)

People have been bashing tablets for awile now but they show no signs of letting up or being a fad.[/QUOTE]

No one is going to pay $900-1000 for one.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No one is going to pay $900-1000 for one.[/QUOTE]

I think some people will, if they just want a tablet that is competitive with the Ipad, they would opt for the Surface RT model.

holy shit check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luDHu7p7jKA&list=UUibnhe0pv7udSQ_cDn3MEZw&index=46&feature=plcp

this guy is running borderlands 1 on his Acer W500. thats the previous model from 2 years ago. the tablet comes with windows 7.

anyway he has videos of himself playing fallout 3, left 4 dead, diablo 3, starcraft 2, sims 3.

then theres another video of someone else playing battlefiled 3 and mass effect 3 at the lowest settings.

if w500 can do that, i guess the w510 and other clover trail tablets will do even better..

bread's done
Back