Persona 4 Golden Skin and Wallpaper Set for PS Vita $9.99 @ BestBuy.com

Kinda cool. I didn't preorder this from BB (I got mine with the skin from Newegg) but I'm hoping best buy gave these out to preorders otherwise it is kind of a dick move for them to sell them on their webiste for a profit.

Are these the same or similar to the one that comes with the solid gold edition? I have one coming. Curious if its the same. if its is I wont bother ordering one of these.

Also the wallpapers are available free from atlus. I guess its just a link to that webpage that is included with these and the solid gold edition.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Are these the same or similar to the one that comes with the solid gold edition? I have one coming. Curious if its the same. if its is I wont bother ordering one of these.

Also the wallpapers are available free from atlus. I guess its just a link to that webpage that is included with these and the solid gold edition.[/QUOTE]

Well it is from the pre-order and yeah they r the same

If you scroll down and read the fine print, it says this is only available if you pre-order the game. Otherwise, it clearly states on the lower right-hand corner on the back of the skin with a black box around it "NOT FOR SALE". Pretty shitty of Best Buy, a major retailer, to completely ignore this if true.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Are these the same or similar to the one that comes with the solid gold edition? I have one coming. Curious if its the same. if its is I wont bother ordering one of these.

Also the wallpapers are available free from atlus. I guess its just a link to that webpage that is included with these and the solid gold edition.[/QUOTE]The URL for the wallpapers is on the skin itself.

Or you could just order the game from amazon and apparently still get the skin free.

At least, the one I ordered over the weekend came with it.

If you buy the game at Newegg you will get the Vita skin, which I did recently. (Ordered a Vita not too long ago XD)
What Best Buy is doing is really low.... Disappointed in them right now....

Newegg has them also and it's stated in the title of the order page. I ordered one a few weeks ago, and it came with the skin, no problems.

EDIT:Beat me to it! LOL

[quote name='TimesTicking']If you buy the game at Newegg you will get the Vita skin, which I did recently. (Ordered a Vita not too long ago XD)
What Best Buy is doing is really low.... Disappointed in them right now....[/QUOTE]

I don't really see how this is low. If they didn't get enough pre-orders to exhaust their stock of the pre order bonus, selling the item separately isn't low IMO. People who forgot or missed the pre order have a chance to get it People who want to wait to try to get the game cheaper later on can still order it and get it without having to pay MSRP at launch.

I remember them selling the dishonored oil lamps for $5 if you didn't preorder same as any other pre order bonuses they have long as their in the system they will sell it this isn't anything new

[quote name='Rockinjs']I remember them selling the dishonored oil lamps for $5 if you didn't preorder same as any other pre order bonuses they have long as their in the system they will sell it this isn't anything new[/QUOTE]

Oooh, wish i would have gotten in on the oil lamps! Didn't pre order but wanted one of those. Wonder if they would have any in store...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Oooh, wish i would have gotten in on the oil lamps! Didn't pre order but wanted one of those. Wonder if they would have any in store...[/QUOTE]

I would guess not by now but it wouldn't hurt to ask your store might still have them around somewhere

[quote name='Dalrint']Or you could just order the game from amazon and apparently still get the skin free.

At least, the one I ordered over the weekend came with it.[/QUOTE]
Anyone else have the same experience?

[quote name='Rockinjs']I would guess not by now but it wouldn't hurt to ask your store might still have them around somewhere[/QUOTE]

I might check next time I am in there. The gaming guys seemed pretty cool last time I was there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't really see how this is low. If they didn't get enough pre-orders to exhaust their stock of the pre order bonus, selling the item separately isn't low IMO. People who forgot or missed the pre order have a chance to get it People who want to wait to try to get the game cheaper later on can still order it and get it without having to pay MSRP at launch.[/QUOTE]I would normally agree with you except for the fact that it clearly states on the packaging "NOT FOR SALE". This is not only low, but in my eyes, criminal. Best Buy is essentially stealing money from ATLUS.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']How does this look on a white vita I wonder...[/QUOTE]

It looks cool. I didn't like the way it made the screen feel though. It felt rough and like it was harder to drag my finger across it. I ended up taking the skin off.

[quote name='PimpLimp']This is not only low, but in my eyes, criminal. Best Buy is essentially stealing money from ATLUS.[/QUOTE]

Lol do you actually think ATLUS just gave these to best buy without them getting any compensation ? And your NOT FOR RESALE point is a double edged sword have you traded in any of those dj heros or udraw games that have not for resale on the back of them what do you think happen to those? Either way shady or not I rather buy it from best buy if I was interested instead of from the eBay scalpers or for that fact even the people on here selling them for $20

[quote name='PimpLimp']I would normally agree with you except for the fact that it clearly states on the packaging "NOT FOR SALE". This is not only low, but in my eyes, criminal. Best Buy is essentially stealing money from ATLUS.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's nothing criminal about it. At most it would be a civil issue between Best Buy and Atlus as to whether any contract between them was broken in Best Buy reselling these outside of the pre order. My inclination is the "Not for sale" sticker is meant moreso to prevent ebay gouging and not this situation.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My inclination is the "Not for sale" sticker is meant moreso to prevent ebay gouging and not this situation.[/QUOTE]
No, it's the opposite; "Not for sale" notices are for retailers but it doesn't preclude individuals from selling it. It's like how mattress tags say "it is illegal to remove this tag"--that is ONLY for the retailer prior to the sale and delivery of the mattress.

[quote name='Kioskwocky']No, it's the opposite; "Not for sale" notices are for retailers but it doesn't preclude individuals from selling it. It's like how mattress tags say "it is illegal to remove this tag"--that is ONLY for the retailer prior to the sale and delivery of the mattress.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. Those tags on mattresses are due to very specific consumer protection laws. These stickers on promotional items have no specific law addressing them, it's only the contractual relationship between the two companies that govern it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Not exactly. Those tags on mattresses are due to very specific consumer protection laws. These stickers on promotional items have no specific law addressing them, it's only the contractual relationship between the two companies that govern it.[/QUOTE]
I'm saying it's similar in terms of who is bound by the particular obligation in question, not legality vs contractual responsibilities.

The whole reason this pre-order item even EXISTS was to encourage people to buy P4G. For Best Buy to circumvent that is EXTREMELY scummy. My real point is that Best Buy is double dipping and re-selling a pre-order item that they had no hand in producing and for a drastic price. And if my memory serves me correctly, this was also the most expensive pre-order bonus for ATLUS to produce to-date. Making it just that much more of a underhanded move. It may not be "legally" wrong, but it is in terms of morals IMO.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It looks cool. I didn't like the way it made the screen feel though. It felt rough and like it was harder to drag my finger across it. I ended up taking the skin off.[/QUOTE]

You kinda have to "wear it in"... I thought this at first as well, but after a couple of days there's no difference at all.

Also, I'm fine with BB doing this, just not for $10. That's at 25% of the cost of the game itself! Now, if it were $3, I'd grab one. $1 and I'd pick up a few, at $10 that's pretty much price gouging and reminds me of something TRU would do.

Did anyone fuck up when trying to put this thing on? I got one tiny bubble under mine and its driving me crazy. I was considering buying another one but they were going for around 20-30 on eBay.

[quote name='Namerson']Did anyone fuck up when trying to put this thing on? I got one tiny bubble under mine and its driving me crazy. I was considering buying another one but they were going for around 20-30 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

People have reported that you can take it off and put them back on as much as you want. Makes sense seeing how it isn't a sticker, it's a skin. Just be careful on whatever corner you decide to start pulling up on.

Just an FYI - my P4G skin has a handful of scratches on it that are visible at certain points during P4G and I'm pretty sure they were there before I applied the skin (unless it's easily damaged by a credit card during the application process)... I'm thinking about excising the screen protector portion out because of it.

[quote name='Kioskwocky']I'm saying it's similar in terms of who is bound by the particular obligation in question, not legality vs contractual responsibilities.[/QUOTE]

But it's not. My whole point is that the only reason those tags on mattresses exist is due to a law that dictates that those mattresses need to have those tags for consumers and the law specifically states only consumers can remove those tags.

On the other hand, the "Not For Sale" tag placed on these skins by ATLUS (or Best Buy or whoever) are not bound by any law. It is up to ATLUS and Best Buy to dictate what they mean by those words and what their intent was for placing that tag on the item. If ATLUS meant that as a message to Best Buy they would have likely just spelled that out in their contract with Best Buy, not a three word phrase on the packaging.

[quote name='PimpLimp']The whole reason this pre-order item even EXISTS was to encourage people to buy P4G. For Best Buy to circumvent that is EXTREMELY scummy. My real point is that Best Buy is double dipping and re-selling a pre-order item that they had no hand in producing and for a drastic price. And if my memory serves me correctly, this was also the most expensive pre-order bonus for ATLUS to produce to-date. Making it just that much more of a underhanded move. It may not be "legally" wrong, but it is in terms of morals IMO.[/QUOTE]

See below.

[quote name='kouleefoh']And how do you guys know they didn't just work something out with Atlus to sell the extra pre-order bonuses?[/QUOTE]

QFT. We don't know what's going on here. ATLUS could be getting half the money here as a way to recoup what they spent making these.

Super lame. After failing at getting Solid Gold all week (calling every gamestop several times a day) I broke down and bought the regular version from BB (Full retail too!) last night. No skin!

I got one from my newegg pre-order...but I am thinking about ordering a second so I can use one and keep one new....How easy is this to apply? How does it look? Opinions/advice welcome.

[quote name='MrSneis']Super lame. After failing at getting Solid Gold all week (calling every gamestop several times a day) I broke down and bought the regular version from BB (Full retail too!) last night. No skin![/QUOTE]
you can order it from newegg and return that to Bestbuy.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I got one from my newegg pre-order...but I am thinking about ordering a second so I can use one and keep one new....How easy is this to apply? How does it look? Opinions/advice welcome.[/QUOTE]

Extremely easy, I just laid mine on and there was one bubble... I pushed the air out through the edge and it's been fine since. Personally, I look the look of the Vita ALOT better with the skin on there. Gives it a nice splash of color while still looking classy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']Did anyone fuck up when trying to put this thing on? I got one tiny bubble under mine and its driving me crazy. I was considering buying another one but they were going for around 20-30 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I spent over an hour in frustration trying to get it on without bubbles until I decided to do what I did with my phone's screen protector. Wet the skin with cold water, then drip some onto your vita screen and apply carefully. The water will prevent air from being trapped and most of it will be pushed out, any remaining water trapped underneath (looks similar to air bubbles) will evaporate in a few days.

^I use this same method to apply screen protectors. I was nervous about the water at first but I shake most of it off and all that is left are small scattered droplets and they never seem to get under the screen or have any adverse effects.

I'm really glad I managed to get 3 of these for whenever I try to apply them (Got one when I brought my standard, and got 2 with my Solid Gold)

Either way, I'm surprised Best Buy is allowed to do this, most Gamestop's didnt even get them in for all their pre-orders.....I know my store had atleast 5 pre-orders and no skins

Yeah I ordered one as soon as I saw it in stock at Amazon. I ordered it from gamestop, but I have a bunch of Amazon credit so I'm gonna probably return the gamestop one.

I do agree with everyone saying BBY selling these is sort of bullshit. Its a preorder bonus (well now its sort of a bonus as it seems retailers have a lot of these).

bread's done
Back