TRU: Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit 13.99

I'm having a hell of a time with these things. They're terrible.
I'm consitantly having them drop out while I'm playing.
....and it isn't just one, I have six of them, and only about one or two work properly.

I wouldn't buy this, just buy a set of rechargable batteries and a charger and you are set, also you can put the batteries in other things.

I spent too much money on proprietary rechargable batteries in the past and 99% of battery packs out there do not work, and if they work they don't work for very long. I could have just bought a BC 700 and a couple sets of rechargables and I would have been set for a long time. Most packs for various things cost $10-20 each and for that price I could have many rechargable batteries that will last years and years instead of a pack that will stop charging after the first few uses. Especially since most battery packs if they are not lithium ion are just 2 AA rechargables strapped together in a pack.

If you want quality you should be buying Sanyo Eneloop and a LaCrosse BC700 charger.

You can get a 4 pack of eneloops on Amazon for $8.15 right now.

2 AA eneloops can provide 40+ hours of controller run time for me at least. Even if you already have cheap rechargables lying around you can most likely get more run time out of those then a proprietary battery pack. Most other packs claim to run 10 hours at most... uhh yeah I think I will take my eneloops any day.

[quote name='SaraAB']

If you want quality you should be buying Sanyo Eneloop and a LaCrosse BC700 charger.[/QUOTE]

Love my Eneloop/BC900 combo. My non-eneloop batteries only hold a charge for about 2 weeks just sitting on the desk. Hope to phase those out soon for more eneloops.

Yes it is better, because it lets you refresh your batteries and revive old ones. This charger will fix your old batteries. Also NIMH batteries have memory effect, I do not care what anyone says they have it. Being able to discharge batteries before charging them up makes them last very long. If you don't do this every so often your batteries will develop memory effect where it remembers the last point it was charged and you will get shorter and shorter battery life out of them each time. If you discharge every once in a while your batteries are brought back up to full life. All of this is very easy to do on the charger and only takes a few presses of the buttons.

I have personally seen this effect with NIMH batteries and the Xbox 360 controller, the 360 controller especially likes fully discharged and then charged up batteries. What I do is take the batteries out when those annoying circle lights start flashing, then I put it on discharge, it will discharge the remaining amount in the batteries then charge them up to full. This ensures I get a full charge cycle each time I insert the batteries in my controller.

I also like that the display on the BC700 reads "Full" so you know exactly when your batteries are full, no lights that are sometimes half green or half red so you never know exactly what they are telling you.

[quote name='Flacksguy']I'm having a hell of a time with these things. They're terrible.
....and it isn't just one, I have six of them, and only about one or two work properly.[/QUOTE]

You should try this, from what I hear they make all the difference. I have one and at least six battery packs and haven't had any issues with them.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/accessories/batterieschargers/xbox360quickchargekit

[quote name='Flacksguy']I'm having a hell of a time with these things. They're terrible.
....and it isn't just one, I have six of them, and only about one or two work properly.[/QUOTE]

Ive had 20 or so of these over the years and only had problems with the actual cable going bad. The batteries have lasted for years. I think for the price they are fine.

Since I purchased the $10 for $20 from Groupon, this made the Play/Charge kit basically 4 something with tax. I bought the kit with the Groupon, returned it for a $20 gift card and kept the change, final price was 14 something. Now that's most definitely worth it.

bread's done
Back