Selling 1600 MS point codes: $16.00 a piece!

goldenpp73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hello, this is my first time ever trying to trade on CAG, but I have been a lurker for a long time. I am brought here today because I purchased a good portion of these cards and upon trying to list them on eBay, was met with a lot of issues and rules in regards to selling this kind of item.. Not being able to message the code, the fees, as well as only being able to place one at a time. I figured I might try my luck here. While I have no selling history here, I have sold on eBay, Craigslist, and other forums like Gaf in the past. I never knew CAG even had a trading forum so maybe I'll get lucky and get rid of some inventory.

Anyways, as stated in the title, I am selling 1600 point (20 dollar value) Microsoft point cards for 16 a piece, and I have a good bit of them so I can give out as many as desired. I have them all physically on hand and they have been activated by a register, they are not stolen, generated, or anything else. These only work on US Xbox accounts to my understanding, if you would like to order any to be mailed to you physically, we could arrange shipping for them as well (such as for gifts, etc).

If you are interested please message me here, I also have AIM Instant messenger linked to my CAG profile and you can reach me there almost anytime, as I realize dealing with someone new is probably unsafe feeling, I felt giving out more personal info would aid in making the transaction feel safe.

Thank you for looking, please let me know if I could do anything to improve my post, or if any rule is not being obeyed, while I am selling today, I would be interested in purchasing from others in the future, especially if retro stuff is listed :) I know CAG advises starting small when new to trading, so I hope this is considered as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to burst your bubble but 1600 for 16 is way to much, try 13 if you want any PM here, remember this is Cheap ass Gamer, not Slight discount gamer

[quote name='Vanacloud']Sorry to burst your bubble but 1600 for 16 is way to much, try 13 if you want any PM here, remember this is Cheap ass Gamer, not Slight discount gamer[/QUOTE]
I could tell you the same about the your horrible attempt of selling Resident Evil 5 Gold DLC for $12. Zing!
Don't be a hypocrite. But yea, he's right, go down to 14 and you'll get some offers.

[quote name='Rosterking']I could tell you the same about the your horrible attempt of selling Resident Evil 5 Gold DLC for $12. Zing!
Don't be a hypocrite. But yea, he's right, go down to 14 and you'll get some offers.[/QUOTE]

Lesson learned. I promptly closed my thread instead of just bumping it to Oblivion lol

Is there a site that sells these for 13 right now? Or something, I figured people would buy it for the best price available at the time, which might not be 16 as I don't have my thumb on every site, but still. Appreciate the advice either way, but for 13 bucks after paypal fees you'd make maybe 12, on a 20 dollar gift card.

16 is not that bad. They go for about 17+ consistently on ebay. I always get outbid at 16. You used to be able to send money as a gift on Pay-pal and they would waive the fees.

Yeah I had the option of paypal gift in my topic but then i saw the sticky that said it's not allowed anymore, I do accept amazon payments which don't seem to charge fees, but few seem to use that.

but then again, people bought them during black friday, for $5 less. He's trying to make a quick buck. But if he sells them for $14-15 he's making like a 3-4 profit and help some cager

Now is probably not the best time to try to sell these as there was the recent Target BF sale for $10 plus the Gamestop $10 for 1200 points deal in the last week or so.

You might be right, it's not like they lose their value over time, while flexibility in pricing is fine especially when dealing in bulk, I have sold some at 15 to some people but they sent the money using gift or amazon payments, I suppose i'll let this trail for now, but thanks for the responses either way :)

bread's done
Back