Skylanders Giants Frito Lay Promotion

D'oh. Last year you got a sidekick figure. This year you get a sweepstakes entry? Not feeling the love, Frito-Lay.

The sidekicks promo wasn't last year, it was a few months ago (offered in the summer, arrived in the mail at the beginning of September). I still see bags at the store with the sidekicks offer on it, but I'm sure that deal has long dried up.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']What did the sidekicks do or function as?[/QUOTE]

They run around you like liittle puppies - and do absolutely nothing. Yet my kids always insist that one be on the portal at all times ;).

[quote name='io']They run around you like liittle puppies - and do absolutely nothing. Yet my kids always insist that one be on the portal at all times ;).[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks.

I still haven't gotten mine. I hope my kids forget as we might not be getting them at all or maybe if I'm lucky they can magically appear under the tree.

Oh, I think the OP is referencing the Flocked Stump Smash from before, not the sidekicks promo. The former had a code and a phone number you would call to try and win.

[quote name='io']They run around you like liittle puppies - and do absolutely nothing. Yet my kids always insist that one be on the portal at all times ;).[/QUOTE]
They actually do do something: they get in the goddamn way. Even after realizing that they are completely useless, I still kept one around just because I thought it was cool, but then I realized that the little bastard was blocking my shots! It's probably not an issue with a melee character or one who lobs attacks, but for Trigger Happy, it was a huge annoyance. On the bright side, I sold one of my sets for $100 on eBay. Still contemplating whether or not I should sell the other. After releasing Giants and re-releasing all of the original characters with new poses and making even more stupid variants, I no longer have any interest in trying to collect them. I mean, I still like them and all, but they're not worth the hassle anymore.

I never got my Flocked Stump Smash.
I only got 3 of the 6 Mini's that I was supposed to get. (they did cash all the checks though).

I give up on Frito because I think I'm cursed when it comes to their Skylander stuff.

[quote name='Navex']I have yet to see any specially marked bags that have a code since this thread has been posted. :/[/QUOTE]
Just saw one while on break at work today...

Yeah, this never came into my area apparently and that blows since I live in the immediate tri-state area here. Oh well, was never a chip fan anyway.

Never even saw the bags with the entry cards until after the promotion was over. This really should have lasted for more than a month.

bread's done
Back