Vita case recommendations?

I use the custom crystal case by PDP. I found it on clearance at Target for $6. I like that one because it has a hard plastic outside, and a snug rubber inside. It feels very protected. Plus, it holds more than the other - 8 games and 2 memory cards. Good price for it on Amazon if you can't find one on clearance at Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mightymek']I use the custom crystal case by PDP. I found it on clearance at Target for $6. I like that one because it has a hard metal outside, and a snug rubber inside. It feels very protected. Plus, it holds more than the other - 8 games and 2 memory cards. Good price for it on Amazon if you can't find one on clearance at Target.[/QUOTE]
I actually picked up both cases for 5.98 at Target. I'm just worried the clasp might wear out.

I use the PDP Crystal Case as well.

The only mod I did for it was to cut out two holes into the rubber of the opposing flap where it butts up against the top of your thumb sticks. Reason is because I saw indentations in the rubber of where the sticks would be when closed. This causes me to feel uneasy about the pressure on the sticks, which may damage and increase their deadzones. Cutting out the holes just where that would be allows the stick to be free from pressure. The cut in rubber isn't visible on the outside because the case still has a paper graphic in between the rubber and the clear plastic, so no aesthetic loss from the outside!

I also picked up the play and go folio. It's great if you have a huge library. (8+ games) But it's a little bulky for my taste. The nice little removable unit that houses your PSV is nice, but I don't feel it stands up to the PDP case. Probably better protection in events of drops though.(PDP case may open on impact where as velcro doesn't on the folio unit)

Both of these units does not accommodate the PDP trigger grip, so I end up not using the case when I'm at home in favor of using the trigger grip.

[quote name='mightymek']I use the custom crystal case by PDP. I found it on clearance at Target for $6. I like that one because it has a hard metal outside, and a snug rubber inside. It feels very protected. Plus, it holds more than the other - 8 games and 2 memory cards. Good price for it on Amazon if you can't find one on clearance at Target.[/QUOTE]

Metal? Mine's plastic; very easily scratched plastic. $10 at Gamestop B&M.

[quote name='MrSneis']Metal? Mine's plastic; very easily scratched plastic. $10 at Gamestop B&M.[/QUOTE]

You're correct, my mistake. I edited my original post for my incorrect description. It does easily scratch, but I still feel it's excellent protection.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm kind of leaning towards the hori or pull n go. Was trying to get out cheap, but want something that I can use for a while. The pdp isn't bad. I was also worried about the case pressing against the sticks too much.

[quote name='Lei']I use a Hori case, bought here:
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-Hard-Black-Sony/dp/B006WJ70QK/ref=pd_sim_vg_84

It's sturdy enough where you could throw it in your bag or backpack, or drop it, and not worry. I wouldn't let anyone sit on it or anything though[/QUOTE]

I use the Hori case as well, with the face cover. Plenty of room. The hori case also has slots on an inside flap for two games. I keep my AR cards behind the flap.

bread's done
Back