who listens to audio books, and where do you get yours from?

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If you do listen to them, what are you currently listening to and where do you get them from?

I currently only have 2 audio books. I got an old Tom Clancy book and I got a Star Wars audio book. I believe it is shadow hunter(the darth maul story).

I'm wanting to check out the gears of war audio books, but they are about 3 times the price of the actual book.

I used to all the time when I had a data entry job.

I'd get them from the library (most libraries have audiobooks in the physical library as well as online).

i completely forgot about going to a library to check out audio books, I guess I took the hard way and got them from a book store.
I doubt the local library near me has anything i'd be interested in, but i'll prob have to check it out sometime before Christmas.

[quote name='squishface']i completely forgot about going to a library to check out audio books, I guess I took the hard way and got them from a book store.
I doubt the local library near me has anything i'd be interested in, but i'll prob have to check it out sometime before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

You will be surprised at what they offer at the library. Also, my wife use audible.com to download books they have a variety of cheap stuff.

Audible is a cheapassgamer.com subscriber, if you listen to the podcast regularly, you would know that. Don't forget your library has a ton of 'em.

Yeah, the local library is a good source, doesn't get any cheaper than free! My library lets you download audiobooks, so I don't even have to spend gas to get there. I just finished The Drop by Michael Connelly. Love the Harry Bosch series.

[quote name='Angie7F']I have never used an audio book before.
I am interested, but what are the benefits?[/QUOTE]
Not having to read with your eyes? :lol:
So you can "read" while doing other things.

Also, sometimes they're read by people with awesome voices that actually do voices for characters.
Though, sometimes, if you're reading a series with an awesome voice actor who is inexplicably replaced, it can be jarring.

I use audible.com two books a month for $15 and you get two free with a free trial.

Just finished up all three Hunger Games books and the first Walking Dead book Rise of the Governor. Getting read to start the second book Road to Woodbury.

bread's done
Back