papa murphy pizza how do you cook them after your froze them

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
cousin got some she did not want over the weekend and i froze them.. now i want to cook them

I called up over 14 freaking papa murphy and noone will give me a real answer

has anyone got these before and froze them

how long do you let them thaw out

(what i got over the phone was overnight to 15 mins and one person told me to cook it frozen LOL)

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you imagine if there was a whole industry of frozen foods where companies sold consumers frozen pizzas, then required them to bake them in the oven still frozen? It'd never work. Ever.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Seriously?[/QUOTE]

well i dont want to have it spoil on me...

called around 8 stores

5 stores told me to put in the ref overnight and let it thaw out

2 or 3 said you can let it sit out for an hour and cook it

and like i said one person said take it frozen and toss it into the stove

has anyone ever had one of these and froze it.... how long did you let it thaw and how did you thaw it

attachment.php

You should get ready to dial 911. Ready for the start of the next Slidecage thread, "How do you put a house fire out?".

Ok, seriously. You can cook a frozen pizza from the store in 11-14 minutes at 400. You don't have to thaw it out. This is how entire tribes of fratboys survive. Throw it in the oven and check it every few minutes. I take no responsibility for the ensuing inferno that may or may not erupt from not knowing how to work your appliances.

[quote name='Strell']Ok, seriously. You can cook a frozen pizza from the store in 11-14 minutes at 400. You don't have to thaw it out. This is how entire tribes of fratboys survive. Throw it in the oven and check it every few minutes. I take no responsibility for the ensuing inferno that may or may not erupt from not knowing how to work your appliances.[/QUOTE]

see that is what i thought as well but every place i called said DO NOT DO THAT

the PIZZA WILL TURN INTO A BRICK LIKE ITEM and it will be no good (all the stores before that one dude) said that

that is why am asking here if anyone ever froze a papa murphy pizza and how did they thaw it out

also a frozen pizza at the store has been frozen.. these pizzas are fresh then you freeze them so that is why i think its different

[quote name='slidecage']

also a frozen pizza at the store has been frozen.. these pizzas are fresh then you freeze them so that is why i think its different[/QUOTE]

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'd thaw it until it's thawed.

Edit: Can't believe I looked this up for you, but it's close to the holidays and I would hate to see an unexpected death and/or house fire.

http://www.papamurphys.com/pdf/ovenInstructions.pdf[/QUOTE]

i found that hours ago it dont say anything about how LONG to allow it to thaw...

i dont want to let it sit out too long for it to spoil that is what im worried about

love how it says PLEASE BAKE BEFORE EATING LOL

[quote name='slidecage']i found that hours ago it dont say anything about how LONG to allow it to thaw...

i dont want to let it sit out too long for it to spoil that is what im worried about

love how it says PLEASE BAKE BEFORE EATING LOL[/QUOTE]

People like you are the reason companies have to put those types of warnings for idiots on every product these days.

[quote name='slidecage']i dont want to let it sit out too long for it to spoil that is what im worried about[/QUOTE]

You can let it thaw in the fridge (FYI: "ref" is NOT an OK abbreviation for refrigerator) for days; the raw ingredients will keep, and once you bake it they'll lose any potential danger of bacteria. Pizza is magical anyhow, you can let a cooked pizza in its box sit on the floor of your basement for 2 days and still eat it without harm :)

The only unanswered question to this story: How long did your stupid cousin let it sit in the fridge before she said "meh" and threw it in the freezer? Please tell her for next time to cook it first, slice it up, THEN freeze it.

The one thing everyone is forgetting to mention is the saran wrap. If you don't wrap that pizza up and you throw it in the oven naked, it will explode on the inside and make a huge fucking mess. Wrap that pizza in 2-3 layers of saran wrap before you stick it in there. This also helps to seal in the juices just like a steak.

I'd swear slidecage was a 14 year old if I didn't know better. Mind of a child in the body of a grown ass man.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is slidecage dead? I'm dying to know what he did... :lol:[/QUOTE]
Wait, in a few days he'll be asking how to repair fire damage to a home.

[quote name='mitch079']I always use a cookie sheet or baking tray.

323.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Looks like a mushroom cloud. :lol:

[quote name='Clak']I'd swear slidecage was a 14 year old if I didn't know better. Mind of a child in the body of a grown ass man.[/QUOTE]

That's an insult to 14 year olds everywhere.

I'm actually surprised that employees wouldn't say that you can just cook the stupid thing from a frozen state. SURELY pizza chains get that question more than once.

[quote name='slidecage']I called up over 14 freaking papa murphy and noone will give me a real answer[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']People like you are the reason companies have to put those types of warnings for idiots on every product these days.[/QUOTE]

You know we're going to hear something in regards to getting melted mozzarella cheese off of one's crotch at some point.

[quote name='jbroush99']Can I use an electric hairdrier while taking a shower?[/QUOTE]

You sure can! Be sure to let us know how that goes.

[quote name='Strell']I hear it's an electrifying experience.[/QUOTE]
Can't say I'm shocked to hear that.

i can now see why they dont recommend freezing them

pizza turned out like crap... it was okay but nothing like buying and eating them same day

took it out around 9am and cooked it around 6pm

bread's done
Back