Dishonored $39.99 @Newegg, PM for Best Buy Silver/Gamers unlocked members

usagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just checked the Newegg email promotions and Dishonored is finally on sale for PMing for any Best Buy silver members that got the game on release with the Gamer's Unlocked $20 cert promo. It's great deal if you are plan to buy more from Best Buy.

Price is now $39.99

Xbox 360
PS3

I am pretty sure the way PMing works for online retailers is you get the price the day of the sale. You cannot PM previous purchases to online retailers. You can only do that with local B&M competitors. You can definitely try but it will be YMMV most likely.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am pretty sure the way PMing works for online retailers is you get the price the day of the sale. You cannot PM previous purchases to online retailers. You can only do that with local B&M competitors. You can definitely try but it will be YMMV most likely.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, their holiday PM policy excludes online competitors during the return/exchange window, so it's YMMV.

According to their website:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

[quote name='blazenumb1']According to their website:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.[/QUOTE]

The wording of that seems to indicate that they don't PM games at all from online retailers. Oh well. I managed to PM Dishonored down to $45 day 1 (Kmart was giving away $15 gaming coupons), so its not really worth the hassle for $5.

WHAT A MORON!

Just spent 15 minutes on the phone- first she couldn't imput the info, then she told me they couldn't PM because its been over 30 days. Then I told her poliely Im a silver member and have 60 days, so she had to manually count the days with her supervisor to see if it was under 60....

Long story short, they will NOT retroactively PM newegg.com - has to be at time of purchase

[quote name='Donut2922']If you have a Frys near you it was $29.99 last week to PM.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I'm not The Doctor and don't own a Tardis...and that was only up for barely a day. :cry:

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']WHAT A MORON!

Just spent 15 minutes on the phone- first she couldn't imput the info, then she told me they couldn't PM because its been over 30 days. Then I told her poliely Im a silver member and have 60 days, so she had to manually count the days with her supervisor to see if it was under 60....

Long story short, they will NOT retroactively PM newegg.com - has to be at time of purchase[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I tried to PM an online store for a past purchase before and had the same issue. Maybe try another call, I got a rep on phone to PM walmart.com's price for Borderlands 2 before.

Whenever I tried to PM online stores for in-store purchases I had no problems doing so. I've successfully PMed Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed Limited(2 times already). That is why I try to buy in-store from now on to avoid PM issues.

[quote name='Donut2922']If you have a Frys near you it was $29.99 last week to PM.[/QUOTE]

Came here to say this. Really happy that showed up on their website for a night.

[quote name='iduncurr']Unfortunately I'm not The Doctor and don't own a Tardis...and that was only up for barely a day. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're trying to use the time machine response but my point is people tend to overlook the Frys thread. Half of my BB PM's are off of Frys. Fido's contributions get overlooked on here.

Fido's thread didn't even list the Dishonored this week.

It's not that Fry's is overlooked its more of the fact that Fry's is not nationwide so people can't PM Frys even if they wanted too.

Sorry, I'm just pissed about Fry's Dishonored price because it didn't even last a full 24 hour so I couldn't even PM my BB purchase in-store

Just got off the phone with a great CS rep who PMed the Newegg price for my in-store pickup order with no problems, so that's $12.72 back on my Pitch-In Card. \\:D/

Thanks for posting this, OP.

Off-topic, has anyone ever spoken with the "Post-Purchase Support" department when calling 1-888-BESTBUY? I was originally speaking to a gaming associate, but when she noticed that I already bought Dishonored, she said she had to transfer me, and the rep who picked up said she was in that department. It's the first I've heard of it. :???:

EDIT: Looking at the order status page, apparently she just credited back the flat $12, so I'm not getting the tax back. :cry: Oh well, I'm happy I got the PM at all. :)

[quote name='iduncurr']Fido's thread didn't even list the Dishonored this week.

It's not that Fry's is overlooked its more of the fact that Fry's is not nationwide so people can't PM Frys even if they wanted too.

Sorry, I'm just pissed about Fry's Dishonored price because it didn't even last a full 24 hour so I couldn't even PM my BB purchase in-store[/QUOTE]

I found the Dishonored price from the Frys thread. It was updated to be removed when the price went away.

As I mentioned, not everybody has a Frys nearby. So the cags that are fortunate to live by one should keep up with the thread.

[quote name='Vigilante']Just got off the phone with a great CS rep who PMed the Newegg price for my in-store pickup order with no problems, so that's $12.72 back on my Pitch-In Card. \\:D/

Thanks for posting this, OP.

Off-topic, has anyone ever spoken with the "Post-Purchase Support" department when calling 1-888-BESTBUY? I was originally speaking to a gaming associate, but when she noticed that I already bought Dishonored, she said she had to transfer me, and the rep who picked up said she was in that department. It's the first I've heard of it. :???:

EDIT: Looking at the order status page, apparently she just credited back the flat $12, so I'm not getting the tax back. :cry: Oh well, I'm happy I got the PM at all. :)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the gaming representatives have transferred me to post purchase support as well. Just depends how informed they are because as we all know the gaming representatives can PM it themselves.

[quote name='Donut2922']Sometimes the gaming representatives have transferred me to post purchase support as well. Just depends how informed they are because as we all know the gaming representatives can PM it themselves.[/QUOTE]I guess I just got someone uninformed, then. :roll:

It's a really good thing this PM opportunity came along because I just checked how long it's been since I picked the game up (10/10, Wednesday of release week)--55 days. :shock: So unless Dishonored shows up for $29.99 or $34.99 in one of next week's ads for me to PM on Sunday, the 60th day, this is the best price I'm going to get.

One of the reasons why I'm so glad that I bought Dishonored online from Blockbuster for $25 in the beginnings of Black Friday.

Just started playing Dishonored...damn this game is so underhyped. The atmosphere is great and Bethesda could learn a thing or two from Arkane Studios.

[quote name='ubdu']I got turned down (silver member, etc), so I'll have to try again later.[/QUOTE]

Just call back and get someone else, no need to wait.

Alright, I got it, but I'm done with pre-ordering games and other things from Best Buy and then later price matching. It's such a hassle to do. I'm just going to wait for a low price, and may the best retailer win.

Thanks, OP.

Thanks OP. I was pretty upset for not realizing Fry's had it for $29.99 so this is a small consolation especially considering my 60 days had almost run.

Almost didn't get it too because of the whale oil lamp. The CSR, who I didn't recognize, said they don't PM bundles but everyone at the store knows me so when she asked the manager they did it no problem.

I called in about half an hour ago and got the PM for my online order done:whee: After the call I just double checked the dates between purchase date and now, just 59 days so it was close. FYI a rep in a previous PM over the phone said the start of the return/PM date is when your package arrives.

I'm just a regular unlocked member, not silver... normal unlocked members get 30 days, don't we?

But wasn't there a recent change for the holiday season stating we have until January something to PM stuff and Black Friday was the main exclusion from this?

[quote name='splattered']I'm just a regular unlocked member, not silver... normal unlocked members get 30 days, don't we?

But wasn't there a recent change for the holiday season stating we have until January something to PM stuff and Black Friday was the main exclusion from this?[/QUOTE]

Yes but starting late October or November not in time for dishonored release if ur not silver you're out of luck

[quote name='usagi']Yeah, I tried to PM an online store for a past purchase before and had the same issue. Maybe try another call, I got a rep on phone to PM walmart.com's price for Borderlands 2 before.

Whenever I tried to PM online stores for in-store purchases I had no problems doing so. I've successfully PMed Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed Limited(2 times already). That is why I try to buy in-store from now on to avoid PM issues.[/QUOTE]I always have the best results in-store plus u could always tell them flat out the game is still sealed & that u have ____ days to return it & just get it elsewhere. Sometimes flexing is needed also doesn't hurt to be making a purchase too along with letting them know ur RZ silver amd/or a paid GCU member.

Called again today got nicer rep - I pointed her to their price match page where it says newegg.com and got 20 back no problem

Slightly dishonest since its supposed to be only pm at time if purchase but how the hell do you pm an online order NOT retroactively?

bread's done
Back