Halo 4 Specializations - FREE!!!

According to Joystiq and Kotaku, MS started sending out emails to your xbox live linked email accounts with Codes to redeem for the Specializations. You only qualify if you A) Played Halo 4 before November 20th and B) played it while connected to Xbox Live.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/01/psa-remaining-halo-4-multiplayer-specializations-now-available/

http://kotaku.com/5964813/true-to-its-word-halo-4s-multiplayer-sends-out-its-specialization-codes

Although I followed the steps mentioned above, I for one, haven't received it but if you got it, please reply. If anybody knows how to get the codes by contacting MS or a certain xbox channel, please notify below!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE!!!!!:

If you haven't received your code, you have to go to the following link and enter your information. I hope this helps all who haven't received their codes yet.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155922_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx

Post the following:
*Your Gamertag
*Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you played the game while connected to Xbox LIVE before 11:59:59 P.M. Eastern Time on November 20, 2012
*Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you are 17 years of age and older
*Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you live in the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, or India

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email sent to my Live account email address last week. I've been playing since launch day.

You still need to level your character to the max (50) before actually picking a specialization. The specializations will also all be released over time for free regardless so don't freak out too bad if you've missed this. It's for hardcore MP folks only.

Aside from the dopes who don't know any better and are spending upwards to $50 for these.

The code was for "Specialization Alpha" which apparently came with the Limited Edition

Got the code and redeemed it yesterday, as mention by secretbaldwin above, yeah you have to get to certain level to unlock these, but I notice that they didn't include the limited edition exclusive FOTUS armor (which was the one i really wanted). So the people who got the limited edition still have something thats exclusive, unless they pull something like this again in the future.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Got the code and redeemed it yesterday, as mention by secretbaldwin above, yeah you have to get to certain level to unlock these, but I notice that they didn't include the limited edition exclusive FOTUS armor (which was the one i really wanted). So the people who got the limited edition still have something thats exclusive, unless they pull something like this again in the future.[/QUOTE]

Fotus armor came with the LE console. The LE game came with an alternate skin for the Recruit armor.

Is this the email that says "Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE" in the title? It had a Halo 4 picture in it, but I didn't really feel like redeeming it because it didn't say what it was.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Is this the email that says "Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE" in the title? It had a Halo 4 picture in it, but I didn't really feel like redeeming it because it didn't say what it was.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

And if you haven't gotten the email in the address you have linked to your gamertag, check alternate emails (parent accounts). Some people have been getting them there, and apparently all of the codes have been sent out now.

Also, this promo did not go out if you are registered with Xbox LIVE in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.

[quote name='TheSecretBaldwin']Fotus armor came with the LE console. The LE game came with an alternate skin for the Recruit armor.[/QUOTE]
Did not know that, could of sworn I read that it came with the limited edition somewhere...

[quote name='gunnergirl']Yes, it is.

And if you haven't gotten the email in the address you have linked to your gamertag, check alternate emails (parent accounts). Some people have been getting them there, and apparently all of the codes have been sent out now.

Also, this promo did not go out if you are registered with Xbox LIVE in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.[/QUOTE]

How can you confirm all the codes have been sent out now? I've not received mine yet and only have my GT linked to one email address.

[quote name='gunnergirl']Yes, it is.

Also, this promo did not go out if you are registered with Xbox LIVE in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I haven't even played multiplayer yet.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Not a deal[/QUOTE]
Neither is the entire "Steam Deal Thread," and that takes up much more space, and for a much longer time period than threads like this that actually help people. That thread is populated by people who certainly know better, and that the thread should be in "Bragging rights thread," instead. So, they obviously just pick on the newer people about that issue.

Dang, I just started playing it. I clicked into this thread expecting the greatest thing ever...I go out disappointed.

[quote name='$hady']Have a code to trade if anyone has any Xbox live points. Already quit Halo for CoD.[/QUOTE]

How do you transfer MSP?

[quote name='Zolor23']How do you transfer MSP?[/QUOTE]

you don't.

You have to have unredeemed codes that are worth increments of MSP (100, 400, 800, etc)

usrevenge
yes
yes
yes

I got my code in a message from xbox live, I had to read it from my xbox too but the code is there.

[quote name='nypickle']you don't.

You have to have unredeemed codes that are worth increments of MSP (100, 400, 800, etc)[/QUOTE]

Oh, how would one get 100 or 400? promos?

i got one but i have no idea what its for (new to xbox, picked up the halo 4 limited edition on release)

Sweet...just looked and I had the e-mail! Wouldn't have even known to look for if it wasn't for this thread, so thanks, OP! Now I just need to actually get back into playing some multi, and gain about 18 more ranks, so I can use this Specialization!

[quote name='latin trident']According to Joystiq and Kotaku, MS started sending out emails to your xbox live linked email accounts with Codes to redeem for the Specializations. You only qualify if you A) Played Halo 4 before November 20th and B) played it while connected to Xbox Live.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/01/psa-remaining-halo-4-multiplayer-specializations-now-available/

http://kotaku.com/5964813/true-to-its-word-halo-4s-multiplayer-sends-out-its-specialization-codes

Although I followed the steps mentioned above, I for one, haven't received it but if you got it, please reply. If anybody knows how to get the codes by contacting MS or a certain xbox channel, please notify below!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE!!!!!:

If you haven't received your code, you have to go to the following link and enter your information. I hope this helps all who haven't received their codes yet.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155922_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx

Post the following:
*Your Gamertag
*Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you played the game while connected to Xbox LIVE before 11:59:59 P.M. Eastern Time on November 20, 2012
*Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you are 17 years of age and older
*Confirmation (by saying yes or no) you live in the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, or India[/QUOTE]

I received the redeemable code on an account I haven't used in about 2+ years. I was just browsing through my e-mail waiting for my pre-order confirmation for Far Cry 3 and there it was for an Xbox LIVE account I haven't even played Halo 4 on. The GT I use has not received the e-mail though, which is strange. (My girlfriend and brother-in-law also has yet to receive anything) I was able to redeem it regardless, strange.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Did not know that, could of sworn I read that it came with the limited edition somewhere...[/QUOTE]

He is wrong, you are right. The specialization came with the LE game, as I have it and can confirm it.

Just got my code from the message inbox on LIVE.
You guys might wanna check there and see if you couldn't find it in your Email.

Picture below:
2exlxjl.jpg

I'm wondering how the hell they can tell if you played before the date. I installed it to the hard drive and booted it up once the day before the date while connected to live but didn't actually play anything until a couple of days later and that was only for like a hour.

[quote name='solidus_00']I'm wondering how the hell they can tell if you played before the date. I installed it to the hard drive and booted it up once the day before the date while connected to live but didn't actually play anything until a couple of days later and that was only for like a hour.[/QUOTE]

Because your game stats are tracked. That's what Halo Waypoint is for.

[quote name='aircobra']Because your game stats are tracked. That's what Halo Waypoint is for.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok then. Guess I can't get it then, no biggie though.

bread's done
Back