Indiana Jones BD Set $39.99 DOD

I really don't understand all the hate for the fourth movie. Granted, Tarzan Lebouf was incredibly stupid, but other than that I enjoyed it.

That being said, I already own it and the original DVD set, but this is tempting ...

[quote name='Raye']Tempting, but I can wait. Anyone think it'll hit $25 by next Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

It'll hit $29.99 MSRP before June

Damn I want this set but I wont have time to watch this till Christmas - anyone think it will be cheaper then ?

[quote name='hauz20']I really don't understand all the hate for the fourth movie. Granted, Tarzan Lebouf was incredibly stupid, but other than that I enjoyed it.

That being said, I already own it and the original DVD set, but this is tempting ...[/QUOTE]

Same. Not up to snuff with the first 3, but still an enjoyable movie IMO.

I think it's a great buy for this price. I got it at launch (think it was $62 or so in a Goldbox discount) and don't regret it at all. Great set. Great movies.

Passing thought about it, but $30 is my Blu-ray.com alert price & I'll stick to that. With the way the price has been dropping on it, I don't think I'll have to wait all that long to pick it up.

Add me to the "4th movie is an abomination" crowd. It's mildly entertaining taking it for what it is, a colossal joke, but viewed as an Indy movie, it's far beyond awful.

[quote name='geeknhard']Passing thought about it, but $30 is my Blu-ray.com alert price & I'll stick to that. With the way the price has been dropping on it, I don't think I'll have to wait all that long to pick it up.

Add me to the "4th movie is an abomination" crowd. It's mildly entertaining taking it for what it is, a colossal joke, but viewed as an Indy movie, it's far beyond awful.[/QUOTE]

me too I want it but I had my pirce to 30$ also lol

[quote name='hauz20']I really don't understand all the hate for the fourth movie. Granted, Tarzan Lebouf was incredibly stupid, but other than that I enjoyed it.

That being said, I already own it and the original DVD set, but this is tempting ...[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad movie. It just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the other installments, like Live Free or Die Hard. I don't have a problem with the aliens idea, just how they executed it.

No, aliens were awful.

And YMMV, but people are reporting success PMing Amazon's price at Target and then using the $10 coupon to knock the price down to $29.99 plus tax.

Indy 4 was just awful. The story, the plot, Shia, just awful. With that, $30 is also my price point since it seems fair with the forth movie added onto that set.

Just did the PM at Target with no problem. They have an iPad that is set up for the websites that they PM. Called and cancelled my Amazon order. Also got the Target exclusive edition :)

[quote name='simmias']No, aliens were awful.

And YMMV, but people are reporting success PMing Amazon's price at Target and then using the $10 coupon to knock the price down to $29.99 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

What $10 coupon?

I picked up 1 copy 2 days ago for $36.XX. Today I picked up 1 copy for $30.XX with 2 copies Finding Nemo in 3D for $15 Each After coupon plus $10 GC (when u spend $50 or more). It's a GOOD Day. Will sale 1 copy Indiana Jones to friend for $42-ish :)

[quote name='brewtownska']If you don't want to leave your house and try the Target price match & coupon, you can get a $5 off $25 offer for Amazon by posting something to Facebook (must have a Facebook account for it to work). I used that for the Indiana Jones set about an hour ago, so it brings down to $35 & free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedi...2l%75r%61yf%6fr%75m%2d20?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

Oh thank you for posting this. I already placed the order after getting the coupon, but Amazon gave me a five dollar credit after contacting them since it couldn't be amended to the order. So I used that to get Gremlins 2 for 3 bucks.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']That's about $13.34 per movie. Yep, $40 divided by 3. There was no 4th movie, everyone knows that.[/QUOTE]

^ Yup. I feel the same way about the abomination that came between Spider-Man 2 and Amazing Spider-Man

[quote name='brewtownska']If you don't want to leave your house and try the Target price match & coupon, you can get a $5 off $25 offer for Amazon by posting something to Facebook (must have a Facebook account for it to work). I used that for the Indiana Jones set about an hour ago, so it brings down to $35 & free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedi...2l%75r%61yf%6fr%75m%2d20?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did! $34.99 seems like a great price to me, especially without having to "jump through hula-hoops" to get it ;). I was waiting for $39.99, and am satisfied at under $9 a movie.

I will admit I actually liked the "nostalgia" feeling I got watching Indiana Jones IV in a movie theater again, though there's no question the movie is the worst of the series. I still enjoy the scene where he protects himself in the refrigerator (the scene that stands out to me), but the Aliens aspect was stupid.

Thanks for the intel, guys. I went the Target route and got it for $30.70 out the door. ($40 - $10 coupon - 5% Redcard + CA tax.) That's a pretty unbeatable deal. I can't believe they allow price matching to stack with coupons!

[quote name='StilesCrisis']Thanks for the intel, guys. I went the Target route and got it for $30.70 out the door. ($40 - $10 coupon - 5% Redcard + CA tax.) That's a pretty unbeatable deal. I can't believe they allow price matching to stack with coupons![/QUOTE]
They shouldn't, which is why it's YMMV. Their policy is to apply the coupon before the price match, which almost always means the final price is just the price match. But a lot of managers will apply the coupon after the price match if they don't know better or don't care.

[quote name='mike568']I am surprised the POS software would allow a price match and a store coupon without at least warning the cashier.[/QUOTE]
They need a manager override just to price match at all, so warnings have already occurred.

bread's done
Back