TRU Generator Rex: Agent of Providence for Xbox 360 3.99 WEDS ONLY

^ It's a game that no one knew came out (not even Metacritic) based on a Cartoon Network show that no one watched.

It's also normally on clearance at TRU for $9.98 and yet sits on the shelves untouched and unwanted.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think it is the game you give the nephew you don't like as a Christmas gift.[/QUOTE]
34dr0g9.jpg

Looking at some of the gameplay videos its really rough.

Watch, this game will become super rare in the year 2040 and everyone will wish they had bought Generator Rex for $3.99 when they could have.

Still not touching this...

Whenever I see a game like this one I think about the poor coder sitting in his/her cubicle wondering where it all went wrong. I just wanted to work on Mass Effect...

Screw it, I'll bite. If nothing else it'll give me something to laugh at until I put it back on my shelf, never to be touched by a loving gamer ever again.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Whenever I see a game like this one I think about the poor coder sitting in his/her cubicle wondering where it all went wrong. I just wanted to work on Mass Effect...[/QUOTE]

This... :cry:

Also why do you not play as a dinosaur. "Rex" is right there in the title. Major missed opportunity.

Trades in for $6 base ($9 after 50% bonus) at Best Buy. I'll give it a whirl, and if it sucks, trade it in. It's literally like getting paid to try it! ;)

[quote name='JaylisJayP']lol reminds me of those $4 Burger King games.[/QUOTE]

Burn! (Had those and they were aaaawwffuullll.)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This... :cry:

Also why do you not play as a dinosaur. "Rex" is right there in the title. Major missed opportunity.[/QUOTE]

I would have been in if he had T-Rex mouths for hands and not big orange boxes.

[quote name='emperordahc']Burn! (Had those and they were aaaawwffuullll.)[/QUOTE]

Aww, come on, Sneak King was the shit! How many games do you get to surprise people with breakfast sandwiches?? :lol:

Just for fun, I tried adding 99 to my cart. Only the first is $3.99, then, 95 for $9.98 each, then 3 at $9.98 but with 50% off applied because of the B1G1 50% off promo, so $14.97 for the last 3. $967.06 total, plus tax. I think I'd be better off just getting 1, if any.

I have this game on the 3DS! And out of principle and since joining CAG, can't say no to a less than $5 game..plus the achievements might be simple (haven't looked yet, placing order, then looking them up)

Ordered 1 this morning for store pickup. Just got a cancellation email. Still showing available for store pickup at the same store. Wondering if I should order another. I'm getting too old for this.

Looks like its an easy 1000 achievement wise, thanks OP, couldn't resist for $4.23 with tax.

EDIT - Already got my "Ready to pickup" email.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gden']I'll bite since I watched the show, and actually liked it.

Don't judge me.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's a much better reason than "Easy achievements" and "I'll play anything for $4." ;)

I feel like buying this and then snapping the box in 2 right in front of the TRU employee. I would most likely end up straining to crack the box a little but it would be fun to try.

Eh, bought a copy for in-store pickup, picked it up on my way to BBY to pickup my preorder of Far Cry 3, and traded it in while I was there for a cool $5 profit. Thanks, OP. :)

I got it. Never knew this game existed and it probably sucks ass. I'll take the hit for the achievements. When (if) I sell it on ebay, maybe I'll break even.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I feel like buying this and then snapping the box in 2 right in front of the TRU employee. I would most likely end up straining to crack the box a little but it would be fun to try.[/QUOTE]

OK we get it. You don't like this game. Maybe you didn't like the show either. And something else went wrong along the way and you need to keep posting about how terrible this game is.

Picked up a copy for my little sister to mess around with since she liked the show a little too much.

[quote name='token2k6']I have this game on the 3DS! And out of principle and since joining CAG, can't say no to a less than $5 game..plus the achievements might be simple (haven't looked yet, placing order, then looking them up)[/QUOTE]

You aren't a PC gamer are you? Because if you bought all the sub $5 games that go on sale or just exist on Steam you'd be poor. :) Not to mention those Amazon sales.

[quote name='Kelegacy']You aren't a PC gamer are you? Because if you bought all the sub $5 games that go on sale or just exist on Steam you'd be poor. :) Not to mention those Amazon sales.[/QUOTE]

haha, no thank god I buy cheap PCs that never run any games made after 2005 :lol: but I still get some Steam games anyway for that one day when I maybe do get something nice..and yeah, I bit on a lot of cheap Amazon sales (console titles) but those have seemed not as plentiful as they were in '09/2010. Can't remember the last game under $10 I got from them (didn't try too hard on Black Friday's though)

And jesus, got 4 e-mails for just this one order. Don't know if its overkill or TRU being on top of things. Heck, Best Buy only sends you three..

Not seeing 3.99 and it is still Wednesday here on the west coast. Is anybody else still getting the deal?

Good deal for a stocking stuffer for kids, if your older and plan on adding to backlog though ... just lol :dunce::dunce::no::no:

I still don't get how that show had a game created for it, that's generally a $10 million investment for a game that barely has a hardcore tv following. I've been waiting for a good Zoid or Gundam game for a decade, this is ridiculous. (P.S. One english Zoid game ever and it's just a Japanese port of an awful TBS game.)

The game may suck, but the show was pretty good. Better than the trash they show now.

...That's not saying much. Anyway, the show was good.

Thanks for posting this OP. Was able to pick up a copy yesterday. I like playing these type of games from time to time, lets you see all the different games developers make or are forced to make. Should be fun for an hour or so at least.

[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']I still don't get how that show had a game created for it, that's generally a $10 million investment for a game that barely has a hardcore tv following. I've been waiting for a good Zoid or Gundam game for a decade, this is ridiculous. (P.S. One english Zoid game ever and it's just a Japanese port of an awful TBS game.)[/QUOTE]

They put a lot of money into it. The show even had a ton of toys, almost all of which didn't even sell at Target clearance and made it to many Goodwill stores. My local GW had at least 100 figures, so I picked up a few of them because they were only .50 each.

bread's done
Back