Best Buy DotD 12/6- Various HBO Seasons

mpaullin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
155 (100%)
Well the list of titles for this has shrunk significantly.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...ries&gf=y&cp=1

Band of Brothers- $34.99 (Blu)
The Pacific- $19.99 (Blu)
Band of Brothers/The Pacific- $79.99 (Blu)
Rome Complete series- $29.99 (DVD)
John Adams- $14.99 (DVD), $18.99 (Blu)

Not HBO, but Battlestar Galactica blu-ray seasons are also on sale for $20 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='abhinav']The Wire for $90 is tempting.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is even the sale price yet. Its been that cheap for a few weeks. I've been eyeing it pretty closely because it is one of my favortie shows ever, but my previous attempts to get it from Amazon resulted in bootleg copies (still have the bootleg copy to tide me over for a cheap legit one... looks like this might be my chance).

[quote name='abhinav']The Wire for $90 is tempting.[/QUOTE]It's $79.99 on Amazon right now.

Been looking for deals on Sopranos, SFU, & Wire, but I just don't think I have the funds to pick them up at this time. Unless they go for REALLY low, I don't think I'll be picking any up.

I'd really like to collect some of these series but HBO GO has absolutely killed any desire to do so seeing how for the foreseeable future I'll have access to every season of every HBO show. I still plan on buying seasons of the Game of Thrones but I can't justify spending money on anything else knowing I can just watch it on my Xbox.

There are some amazing series though... and definitely worth the money

[quote name='geeknhard']It's $79.99 on Amazon right now.

Been looking for deals on Sopranos, SFU, & Wire, but I just don't think I have the funds to pick them up at this time. Unless they go for REALLY low, I don't think I'll be picking any up.[/QUOTE]

Might get lucky. I picked up the Sopranos set from Best Buy in May (I think) for $60.

already own the wire, six feet under and the sopranos. deadwood I got on bluray.

think its time to add john adams, I thoroughly enjoyed when it originally aired. then watched it again during a marathon some time back.

rome and generation kill never really held my interest after the first couple of episodes.

The wire is absolutely awesome.

OT but if you watch enough different HBO shows it is really cool seeing seeing the same actors; like Bodie from the Wire is also Kenny (Bricks) in OZ; and Tommy Carcetti from The Wire is also Little Finger in Game of Thrones. There have to be a dozen others I've noticed just among a handful of series I've watched (The Wire, OZ, Treme, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire).

Generation Kill is 14.99 at every wal mart ive been to lately.

Six feet under is a rip off. I have seen it for 62.99 on Amazon.com often when I have looked.

Deadwood was once 60 dollars just for blu ray wasn't it?

These prices are rather awful..

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Generation Kill is 14.99 at every wal mart ive been to lately.

Six feet under is a rip off. I have seen it for 62.99 on Amazon.com often when I have looked.

These prices are rather awful..[/QUOTE]I think these are just their prices for the week, tomorrow's DotD prices I assume will be significantly lower. If they're not lower, yeah, not much of a deal. I'm hoping they have great prices & Amazon PMs it, since money is tight, but I have room on my Store Card.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Generation Kill is 14.99 at every wal mart ive been to lately.

These prices are rather awful..[/QUOTE]

Is it 12/06/12 yet?

The prices are not live yet.....

Wonder what John Adams will be. It's already $18.99, which is totally worth it. Depending on the prices, I'll consider that, The Wire, and Band of Brothers.

I passed earlier this year when BB had The Sopranos complete for $5x.xx. If they match that again, it is mine. :D

What time do their DotD prices usually go live anyway?

I got sopranos complete series for $50/65 this summer at best buy. I hope they match that price again.

Is 34.99 the sale price for BofB Blu or will it be cheaper? If so I might just have to upgrade my BofB DVD set.

Greatest mini series ever. Evar.

[quote name='geeknhard']Yawn. If it's just those 8 on sale, nothing for me to even think about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed right now. I set alarms on my iphone to wake myself up at 1am and the only thing they've updated is the Pacific. I can maybe stay awake a couple more hours but I have a meeting at 11am and need to get to sleep.

Usually these are updated by 1:30am EST, correct?

fuck this sh!t. I'm going back to sleep. I lost 3 and a half hours of sleep waiting for these damn prices to go live. If The Wire complete series is $50 and sold out when I wake up in a few hours, I'm going to be murderously angry. I'm going to turn into Omar sans the sexual relations with other men. :p

I'm tempted to buy The Pacific right now for $19.99, but I might want to save my money in case the wire drops in price later.

The Pacific for $19.99, but not BoB? Yeah that makes sense BB..How is it even a dotd price for BoB when it hasn't even dropped like the others?

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Pacific for $19.99, but not BoB? Yeah that makes sense BB..How is it even a dotd price for BoB when it hasn't even dropped like the others?[/QUOTE]

Agree completely with you. Why wouldnt BofB be 19.99 too...

Rome would be worth it at 29.99 if the end of the series wasnt so awful...

Edit: Nevermind about rome, thats for the DVD. They should stop making DVDs at this point.

Yeah this turned out to be a pretty big bust. I might have been in for BoB/The Pacific if the pricing made sense. $80 for them bundled when you could buy them separately for $55??. If they were both sub $40 I might have bit.

And they have The Wire set in next weeks ad for the same price. One of these days I'll get a non bootleg version...

[quote name='mpaullin']Yeah this turned out to be a pretty big bust. I might have been in for BoB/The Pacific if the pricing made sense. $80 for them bundled when you could buy them separately for $55??. If they were both sub $40 I might have bit.

And they have The Wire set in next weeks ad for the same price. One of these days I'll get a non bootleg version...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the complete colleciton has exclusive extras including an hour long documentary called "He Has Seen War". I think the presentation is nicer too. It still should be lower though, like around $60 or so,

[quote name='nedstark']Cant Pass up the Pacific for 19$ its a steal[/QUOTE]

It looks like The Pacific jumped back up to $34.99. Glad I got it at midnight!

Contemplating The Pacific(especially since Amazon matched), but considering how underwhelmed I was with BoB, I'm not exactly jumping up & down to get it. But $20 might be too good to pass up.

tempted to buy the band of brothers box set as i always wanted it on bluray since i never owned the dvd set ether lol, but its cheaper to buy them sperate anyways.
I missed out on the $19 deal for the pacific so i couldnt resist when its available via amazon. And deciding to pick up Band of Brothers at best buy later. You guys think it wil be cheaper than $34 anytime soon?

[quote name='ziomatrix']tempted to buy the band of brothers box set as i always wanted it on bluray since i never owned the dvd set ether lol, but its cheaper to buy them sperate anyways.
I missed out on the $19 deal for the pacific so i couldnt resist when its available via amazon. And deciding to pick up Band of Brothers at best buy later. You guys think it wil be cheaper than $34 anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

I personally don't see it dropping. Its been out for awhile and I have never seen it hit my price point of $20 if it did I missed it and I will not be happy lol

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']So prices are dead or not live?[/QUOTE]

I think these are the live prices. They must've did a price-mistake on The Pacific. I picked that up as soon as it hit 12 AM today and it was $19.99. Now it's back up to $34.99.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd really like to collect some of these series but HBO GO has absolutely killed any desire to do so seeing how for the foreseeable future I'll have access to every season of every HBO show. I still plan on buying seasons of the Game of Thrones but I can't justify spending money on anything else knowing I can just watch it on my Xbox.

There are some amazing series though... and definitely worth the money[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I almost bit when they had each season of Rome for 19.99 on Blu but even then, it seemed wasteful.

[quote name='kyrhon']It looks like The Pacific jumped back up to $34.99. Glad I got it at midnight![/QUOTE]

What in the fuck? I noticed that this morning also. I don't want to sound like comic book guy, but this is the worst DOTD ever.

I was willing to buy The Wire complete series for $59.99 or lower even though I have HBO, HBO go, I've had HBO for over 20 years straight and I plan on keeping it, I have "bootleg" dvd copies of every single episode of The Wire that I recorded from HBO while it aired, and my local library .2 of a mile away has every season of the Wire available on DVD.

I was still willing to spend money today even though I already have access to the series three times over. Not $90 though because it's been much cheaper on Amazon numerous times. I only need to spend $160 this month to get to Rewardzone Silver, so that was playing a part in my thought process.

The Best Buy black friday week deals were fucking epic, but this DOTD was pointless. The only thing they discounted was The Pacific bluray by $15 for a few hours. What the fuck happened here Best Buy?

bread's done
Back