Gamestop TEKKEN Hybrid Limited Edition $20

damn, I've already used PUR coupons to score a free B:AC CE, $5 Tekken Hybrid, free Ninja Gaiden CE & $50 SF 25th Ann. CE so I'm out on this

photoxdk.jpg

Definitely worth the $20. Didn't expect the size of the box to be similar to ZoE HD LE though, but I guess the artbook is big.

[quote name='henry00x']uh i got this for $15 from amazon not too long ago[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the regular edition, and not the LE you posted up last time.

Well the psn code that comes with this game is no longer valid... I am beginning to despise Sony and their expiring DLC codes.

edit: The game has only been out for a little more than a year. Bleh.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Well the psn code that comes with this game is no longer valid... I am beginning to despise Sony and their expiring DLC codes.

edit: The game has only been out for a little more than a year. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

Really?? Thats crazy... Did u get a new copy?

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Really?? Thats crazy... Did u get a new copy?[/QUOTE]

Ps3 dlc cards often expire. In fact there is a thread dedicated to it. link to CAG. Don't know how up to date it is.

Have mine reserved to pick up tomorrow since online sold out. Shows that my local store has it in stock so I will wait to see if true

[quote name='TheEliminator62']Have mine reserved to pick up tomorrow since online sold out. Shows that my local store has it in stock so I will wait to see if true[/QUOTE]

I have one reserved as well. Shows 2 of my local Gamestops as having stock, and 1 local Gamestop has low stock.

This is a waste of money, IMO. Paying for a demo of a game that's already out, a half-assed port and an absolutely repulsive movie? Nah. Was a ripoff when it came out and it's a ripoff now :\

The LE contents are okay... art-book looks pretty bad from what I've seen, but the soundtrack is cool. Still, since they're tied in to such a cheap and lazy cash-in, I wouldn't want either of them.

[quote name='AugustAPC']This is a waste of money, IMO. Paying for a demo of a game that's already out, a half-assed port and an absolutely repulsive movie? Nah. Was a ripoff when it came out and it's a ripoff now :\

The LE contents are okay... art-book looks pretty bad from what I've seen, but the soundtrack is cool. Still, since they're tied in to such a cheap and lazy cash-in, I wouldn't want either of them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting games, but could you elaborate on the demo part?

Tekken Hybrid is just a compilation of the first Tekken Tag which was for PS2, a demo of Tekken Tag 2, and a Tekken CG movie.

The CG movie looks fantastic - don't mistake this to mean it's a fantastic movie - and the demo for Tekken Tag 2 has a separate list of trophies from the full game.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I thought Tekken Hybrid was a game itself. Thanks.

Still, for $20, it's not a bad deal for a CE I guess.

[quote name='inkcil']what was the psn code that came with the game for?[/QUOTE]

Just some avatar costumes for Home, so if you're like most people, you're not missing anything.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Just some avatar costumes for Home, so if you're like most people, you're not missing anything.[/QUOTE]
I would not use the home crap but they shouldn't have codes expiring a year after release. I don't even know when it expired since they apparently forgot to put an expiration date on the dlc card. I really don't understand why sony doesn't stop making codes expire. I have yet to come across an expired 360 code that didn't work.

do not buy this, except if you want to play tekken tag tournament 1 on HD, but thats it.
TTT2 is a way better game and you got more out of it, i got my TTT2 for $25 in walmart BF
hardly this is a good deal, even if its CE

and i am a tekken fan

[quote name='rexflexall']Dammit, I dunno why I picked one up from my local GS. Not sure if I want to return it or not.[/QUOTE]

This an HD remake. If you want an HD remake buy it. If you dont want an HD remake with extras dont. You can't think of this as something new but you should think about it as an HD remake with CE extras. Is it worth 20 to you?

I actully liked the first TT gameplay & minigames and I don't really play online so....

HD Remake Game -$9.99 value
Double CD - $7.49 value
Book - $1.49 value
Movie - $.99 value
Demo - $.00 value
Home content - "value-less-less"

Having a PS3 exclusive CE on the cheap seems worth it at this price.

Personally, as a Tekken fan, I see it as a great value for $20 bucks. If you like tekken at all, especially around the tekken 3/tag era, this is a must buy if you don't have a ps2 and tekken tag or a launch ps3. (Tekken Tag doesn't run well on the 80gb backwards compatible ps3).

The package includes an 80 page hardcover artbook. 50 pages are dedicated to the movie. It also includes interviews with the makers on how amazing this terrible movie was thought up. 20 pages are for tekken tag 1, and 10 pages for tekken tag 2 prologue.

Tekken Tag 1 is a fully unlocked port of the ps2 game.

Tekken Tag 2 prologue is a tekken tag 2 demo which includes Devil Kazuya (can't transform into Kazuya), Devil Jin, Alisa, and Ling in their exclusive costumes from the movie. Pretty much this was exciting news back then, but not anymore. Although it's still pretty cool looking at the exclusive costumes in game.

The ps3 home content was supposed to be a few tekken shirts and ling costumes with alisa's costume as well. Alisa's costume included an exclusive rocket punch animation.

The real star of this package is the soundtrack. They are not complete soundtracks, but it was nice to hear the tag 2 songs before the game came out. First disk is dedicated to tekken tag 1. All the songs are the console version, so don't expect the arcade mixes. The second disk includes most of the stage music from the second game.

The movie is the 3d/2d version. blah blah, hardly any special features. One thing that people might not appreciate is you need to install the games/demos if you want to play them. And even so, you still need the disk.

For 20 bucks, it's a very good deal. I bought it when it came out for 60 bucks, and even then i thought it was a great deal.

PS. no steel case

[quote name='OregonDealz']Ps3 dlc cards often expire. In fact there is a thread dedicated to it. link to CAG. Don't know how up to date it is.[/QUOTE]

Wow someone saw the thread! I started it with more community support in mind, but I've only gotten a few people to help out. :lol: I still think it is a good idea...

I picked this up for $29.99 about two weeks ago but haven't opened it. Does GameStop let you do return/rebuy of an unopened item? I should still have the receipt around here.

[quote name='fortunado']I picked this up for $29.99 about two weeks ago but haven't opened it. Does GameStop let you do return/rebuy of an unopened item? I should still have the receipt around here.[/QUOTE]
I don't see why not. There should be plenty of copies around for you to buy though as this doesn't seem to very popular. The box that holds everything is also a cheap piece of crap.

[quote name='fortunado']I picked this up for $29.99 about two weeks ago but haven't opened it. Does GameStop let you do return/rebuy of an unopened item? I should still have the receipt around here.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop's return policy for new still sealed games are 30 days, so you should be fine.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I don't see why not. There should be plenty of copies around for you to buy though as this doesn't seem to very popular. The box that holds everything is also a cheap piece of crap.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='KtMack23']Bought a sealed copy and the box was still fucked[/QUOTE]
My was perfect, so it just depends on where the GS employee store their CEs and what not.

They're usually supposed to be in a specific CE/LE/SE cabinet, and shouldn't be store in one of the drawers since it might get crushed, but of course not all employees are going to have the presence of mind to give a crap about the condition of the box. :p

atryu25, - Thanks for the awesome breakdown.. I bought it and ONLy after that was I on the fence but NOW i feel better about it after reading ya post..

My box was ALL SORTS OF OPEN.. tho the game and soundtrack were still SEALED, can anyone tell me whats up with that?

THe manager wouldn't budge, said thats how they "all are".. wooudn't even give me a discount..

let me know...

oNe

[quote name='Sean Price']atryu25, - Thanks for the awesome breakdown.. I bought it and ONLy after that was I on the fence but NOW i feel better about it after reading ya post..

My box was ALL SORTS OF OPEN.. tho the game and soundtrack were still SEALED, can anyone tell me whats up with that?

THe manager wouldn't budge, said thats how they "all are".. wooudn't even give me a discount..

let me know...

oNe[/QUOTE]

The box should been factory sealed with some sort of wrapping.

bread's done
Back