Samsung Note 2 USB connection issues with Windows 8

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, I have an ODD issues with trying to connect my Samsung NOTE 2 to my Windows 8 PC. It appears that every time I try to connect it to my PC as a MEDIA DEVICE, it is rarely recognized. However, if I switch to CAMERA mode, it picks it up right away and I can copy files to it.

However, for the phone to work with the KIES software from Samsung software, I need to connect as a Media Device. I was able to get it to connect a few times after doing the troubleshooting in KIES, but once I unplug and try to connect again, it NEVER works. I'm confused.

I've tried mutliple USB cables (officialy and non), multiple USB ports, USB HUB, etc.

The odd thing is, it ALWAYS connects as a camera, so I know it is working.

Suggestions?

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, I have an ODD issues with trying to connect my Samsung NOTE 2 to my Windows 8 PC. It appears that every time I try to connect it to my PC as a MEDIA DEVICE, it is rarely recognized. However, if I switch to CAMERA mode, it picks it up right away and I can copy files to it.

However, for the phone to work with the KIES software from Samsung software, I need to connect as a Media Device. I was able to get it to connect a few times after doing the troubleshooting in KIES, but once I unplug and try to connect again, it NEVER works. I'm confused.

I've tried mutliple USB cables (officialy and non), multiple USB ports, USB HUB, etc.

The odd thing is, it ALWAYS connects as a camera, so I know it is working.

Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I was able to fix this by first uninstalling everything related to the Samsung phone off my PC. Then in Device Manager I uninstalled all of the adb and Samsung phone devices off the list, uninstalling their drivers as well in the proceess.

Rebooted.

Then I downloaded the official drivers off the Samsung website.

Now I pulled the plug on my internet connection to keep W8 from being able to contact the Windows Update servers.

Installed the official drivers.

Plugged in the phone.

Everything worked as both a media and camera device.

I did this on two separate PCs that were having the same issues.

Good luck.

bread's done
Back