Target Ad 12/6-12/8: Call of Duty Black Ops II - $49.99 | COD Vita Bundle - $50 GC

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
There’s a special three day ad for Target. Here are the game offers:

Wii_U_platform_icon.png
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops II - $49.99

Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified Wi-Fi Vita Bundle - $249.99 *Free $50 Gift Card w/ purchase

edit: **other Vita bundles come with $50 gift card as well**

Combine either of these two sales with the Spend $50 get a $10 Gift Card offer. You need to spend $50 before tax, so you would need to buy another item for one cent or more if you buy Black Ops II for $49.99. The cheapest item I can think of is a banana for 24 cents, but I’m sure you could find something to buy to get over $50.

You can also use your REDcard to save an additional 5%.

Last edited by a moderator:
thx litepink.

i'm still on the fence for a vita since i don't necessarily need one. i assume fellow CAGers got one over BF. Thoughts/impressions?

I don't care for the design of the system.

I want to rest my fingers on the back of the system instead of all curled up and in the grip locations. Hands cramps after about 30 minutes of play time. IF I rest my hands on the back, that trackpad picks up input on Uncharted and really hurts game play. The screen is really nice, the joysticks are stubby and my fingers slip off. They put the buttons and d-pad really close to the tops of the thumbsticks. It's has and will take a few weeks to get used to the layout, I'm still not comfortable with it. I've used the Dualshock controllers for 10+ year and the Vita layout isn't the same and throws me off.

[quote name='zanticon']thx litepink.

i'm still on the fence for a vita since i don't necessarily need one. i assume fellow CAGers got one over BF. Thoughts/impressions?[/QUOTE]

Now that they actually got some decent games for it. It's better to have from when it launched and I don't regret the purchase as much now.
I do like the back touch screen except on some games where I would normally rest my hands it can pick up the movement. That can also be a good thing when I play plants vs zombies and you can use the rear screen touch pad to gather up all the sun and coins instead of poking the front screen.

$250, red card brings it down to about $238 before tax - $60 in gift cards, then trading in the steaming pile of a game that comes with the bundle for $15 to BB.. A Vita for ~$170 looks pretty good on paper. It's getting harder to pass these up. Now if only there were more than a handful of games I'd play on it. D;

[quote name='blazenumb1']Thanks op, will be pm'ing black ops at best buy.[/QUOTE]

No need. It will be the same price at Best Buy next week.

[quote name='EvilIA']I don't care for the design of the system.

I want to rest my fingers on the back of the system instead of all curled up and in the grip locations. Hands cramps after about 30 minutes of play time. IF I rest my hands on the back, that trackpad picks up input on Uncharted and really hurts game play. The screen is really nice, the joysticks are stubby and my fingers slip off. They put the buttons and d-pad really close to the tops of the thumbsticks. It's has and will take a few weeks to get used to the layout, I'm still not comfortable with it. I've used the Dualshock controllers for 10+ year and the Vita layout isn't the same and throws me off.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it takes some getting used to. I was having a hell of a time aiming in Uncharted due to those sticks. Don't think I'll be playing a lot of games on Vita that require precise aiming.

dropped by target today and saw some el hoardo with at least a dozen bananas. these people make me sick

[quote name='deadkode']dropped by target today and saw some el hoardo with at least a dozen bananas. these people make me sick[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping an eye out on CL for banana flippers. Can't wait to give them a piece of my mind when I see them.

[quote name='Taborcarn']I can get bananas at the market by me for 19 cents. Will Target price match?[/QUOTE]

Only if you have an ad that says 19 cents. Walmart is doing B2G1 bananas, but that is a package deal so Target won't match it.

Was going to post about banana deal but OP beat me to it. (It would of been fun for my first post to be about a banana deal that had already been posted however)

[quote name='klimb22']Is there a printed ad for this available in stores? I'm definitely going to need this for a BB PM of BLOPS2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']No need. It will be the same price at Best Buy next week.[/QUOTE].

[quote name='dino88']No need. It will be the same price at Best Buy next week..[/QUOTE]
I know, but I want my money now dammit. :lol:

I guess I could also try to PM Amazon's price too. MMMV

[quote name='klimb22']I know, but I want my money now dammit. :lol:

I guess I could also try to PM Amazon's price too. MMMV[/QUOTE]

Even if you had the ad now it wouldn't (shouldn't) work since they have the dates pretty clearly marked on them. I suppose you could get someone who doesn't pay attention and luck out, but why not just wait the two days?

[quote name='mpaullin']Even if you had the ad now it wouldn't (shouldn't) work since they have the dates pretty clearly marked on them. I suppose you could get someone who doesn't pay attention and luck out, but why not just wait the two days?[/QUOTE]

I think you’re confused – he wants to price match at Best Buy with this current Target ad, which is a special three day ad running today through Saturday. Best Buy will certainly price match that, although I do agree it’d be a bit easier to just do it on Sunday when their own store has it for $10 less.

I don’t blame klimb22 though, I’d be eager too :). I suppose if you were already visiting Best Buy this week it would save you from an extra trip if you weren’t planning on going next week.

[quote name='mpaullin']Even if you had the ad now it wouldn't (shouldn't) work since they have the dates pretty clearly marked on them. I suppose you could get someone who doesn't pay attention and luck out, but why not just wait the two days?[/QUOTE]
See below:
[quote name='litepink']I think you’re confused – he wants to price match at Best Buy with this current Target ad, which is a special three day ad running today through Saturday. Best Buy will certainly price match that, although I do agree it’d be a bit easier to just do it on Sunday when their own store has it for $10 less.

I don’t blame klimb22 though, I’d be eager too :). I suppose if you were already visiting Best Buy this week it would save you from an extra trip if you weren’t planning on going next week.[/QUOTE]
I picked up the physical ad at Target and drove up the street to PM at BB. The ad says "Save Thursday-Saturday on the front, but has the actual dates on the back. Yes, was already out so wanted to get it done today. Too bad I have to wait to PM Far Cry 3.

I like bananas but I find targets produce to be a little lacking. I guess that's what I get for shopping produce at a department store. Still not as bad as my seven eleven apple though

[quote name='unforeseen']Just came back from Target. They had a $50 GC with the purchase of a Lego Batman 2 PS Vita bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, OP is slightly wrong, deal is for ANY 250 Vita bundle, not just the COD one.

Heard middling things about all the bundled games... of COD, Assassin's Creed and Lego Batman, which one is the least bad, keeping in mind I dislike FPS games.

[quote name='Wazootyman']Heard middling things about all the bundled games... of COD, Assassin's Creed and Lego Batman, which one is the least bad, keeping in mind I dislike FPS games.[/QUOTE]

Unless you plan on buying a memory card ASAP, the batman and madden bundles are kind of a rip off since they don't include the 4GB card that the CoD and AC3 bundles include.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Unless you plan on buying a memory card ASAP, the batman and madden bundles are kind of a rip off since they don't include the 4GB card that the CoD and AC3 bundles include.[/QUOTE]

That's all I need to know! AC3 it is!

With my discount, red card rewards and pharmacy rewards that fortuitously arrived yesterday, and tax, I'm looking at under $170 for the bundle

[quote name='litepink']I think you’re confused – he wants to price match at Best Buy with this current Target ad, which is a special three day ad running today through Saturday. Best Buy will certainly price match that, although I do agree it’d be a bit easier to just do it on Sunday when their own store has it for $10 less.

I don’t blame klimb22 though, I’d be eager too :). I suppose if you were already visiting Best Buy this week it would save you from an extra trip if you weren’t planning on going next week.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I am confused. I skimmed the thread title and assumed that this was apart of Targets ad for next week. I've never heard of them doing a 3 day ad like this, but I clearly don't pay that much attention either.

bread's done
Back