Used Kinect $39.99 at gohastings.

I definitely want a Kinect at this price point, but I'm very hesitant about the "used" factor. And I don't have a whole lot of experience with GoHastings, anyone know if they'll "guarantee" their used products? (assuming, of course, I'm actually able to open the site and actually use it).

[quote name='tylerh1701']I definitely want a Kinect at this price point, but I'm very hesitant about the "used" factor. And I don't have a whole lot of experience with GoHastings, anyone know if they'll "guarantee" their used products? (assuming, of course, I'm actually able to open the site and actually use it).[/QUOTE]

I've returned one item without issue out of a dozen or so orders over the years, but returns are hit and miss with them--lots of stories of problems, from here and elsewhere.

I would use a credit card that you are confident in getting a chargeback done, if it comes to that.

I was able to order a 250GB Xbox by using https://www.gohastings.com

Took me a couple tries. Go to games, then game systems, then scroll down to the third row from the bottom for the $150 used Xbox.

Use code SLAPABOWONIT for $10 off.

I can't get to the Kinect with the site getting hammered :(

Thanks for the link, it's working for me.

Add this book to your cart for $0.10 and it takes your SLAPABOWONIT discount from $5 to $10, so with tax and shipping (which was over $6) the total cost for my Kinect was $39.xx

Hmmm....I don't think it comes with a power cord, and since I don't have a slim, I may need to just cancel this order. Hope that isn't a huge pain.

Synopsis: Kinect brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways without using a controller. Imagine controlling movies and music with the wave of a hand or the sound of your voice. With Kinect, technology evaporates, letting the natural magic in all of us shine. Sensor Only. The Kinect Sensor will work with all new XBOX 360 systems (S Model or newer). If you have an older version system, the Kinect Sensor can be used but you will need a separate Power Supply Cable. If the Power Supply cable is needed, you can order it here by searching for (XB3 NYKO KINECT POWER ADAPTER UPC 743840860808) http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Nyko-Xbox-360-Kinect-Power-Adaptor/sku/284173965.uts or you may purchase it at your local Hastings store. Product Dimensions: Weight: 12.00 oz

Power adapters are only running about $5 on ebay so maybe I'll see if this ships...

I don't know about GoHastings, but I bought a used Kinect from Gamestop for the same price on BF. It's pretty fun, especially with Dance Central!

Ok found the link to the kinect I'll post it in a minute.

I added Jennifers Body Blu and the SLAPABOWONIT code and it cost me $39.78 total for Kinect + the Blu.

Edit: Ok try this for the Kinect

Edit: There's a few $3 (after shipping) Blus that are decent. Vampires Suck is actually pretty funny imo so I went ahead and made a separate order for that. 17 Again is another decent $3 Blu. Scream 4 is also $3. Just sort them Used priced from low to high and find some that are in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok found the link to the kinect I'll post it in a minute.

I added Jennifers Body Blu and the SLAPABOWONIT code and it cost me $39.78 total for Kinect + the Blu.

Edit: Ok try this for the Kinect[/QUOTE]

Nice, far more useful than that random $0.10 thing I bought. I'm guessing you don't get tax where you are, I got stuck with about $2.50 in taxes.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Nice, far more useful than that random $0.10 thing I bought. I'm guessing you don't get tax where you are, I got stuck with about $2.50 in taxes.[/QUOTE]

Right, no tax at Gohastings here. And yeah I guess the Blu is slightly more useful (I actually somewhat enjoyed the movie) but anything that takes the price over the $40 mark I think it is will make it so you get $10 off with the code instead of $5. So no matter what you add with it, it doesn't matter too much. Cheaper is cheaper.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Nice, far more useful than that random $0.10 thing I bought. I'm guessing you don't get tax where you are, I got stuck with about $2.50 in taxes.[/QUOTE]

I appreciated the book link as I used that for my order. Everytime I tried to do a search, I got page cant be displayed on their site due to being hammered. I didn't want to chance losing the Kinect + promo code, so I tossed the book on. I would have preferred a movie too, but it all worked out in the end. :cool:

[quote name='tylerh1701']I definitely want a Kinect at this price point, but I'm very hesitant about the "used" factor. And I don't have a whole lot of experience with GoHastings, anyone know if they'll "guarantee" their used products? (assuming, of course, I'm actually able to open the site and actually use it).[/QUOTE]
You should be good to go if something is wrong with it just email or call customer service.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I appreciated the book link as I used that for my order. Everytime I tried to do a search, I got page cant be displayed on their site due to being hammered. I didn't want to chance losing the Kinect + promo code, so I tossed the book on. I would have preferred a movie too, but it all worked out in the end. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ya, it took me a good few minutes to find cheap books, because the first 25 or so pages were all free ebooks. Then every once in a while I'd get that same error message and have to throw "https://" at the front of the URL again.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Power adapters are only running about $5 on ebay so maybe I'll see if this ships...[/QUOTE]

I bought a 3rd party knockoff adapter for my Kinect and it works perfectly; shouldn't be any issues for you. If it doesn't come with it, you can grab Kinect Adventures for 99cents at Gamestop. I'm fairly certain that every location in the US has at least one copy in stock.

This will open up a whole new realm of XBLA Kinect games for you, hopefully you already bought/got Wreckateer when it was on sale/free...

Also: Used Kinects should be fine. 9/10 people who sell it just don't like it or don't have a proper room setup to be able to use it effectively and mistakenly think the thing sucks. If I had to make an uneducated guess, a used Kinect probably sees an average of 2 hours of use before it's sold.

Right? These are all great deals.

I was skeptical about Kinect until I got one myself for the same price at Gamestop on Black Friday but now I love it. I just wish I got in on Kinect Sports Ultimate at that time too since it was only $15, though Kinect Adventures is pretty damn great for 99 cents or free. There's also a free FMV game by Intel whose name escapes me right now on Marketplace and makes me wish they still existed since the technology is finally here to support it.

[quote name='Kerig']I bought a 3rd party knockoff adapter for my Kinect and it works perfectly; shouldn't be any issues for you. If it doesn't come with it, you can grab Kinect Adventures for 99cents at Gamestop. I'm fairly certain that every location in the US has at least one copy in stock.

This will open up a whole new realm of XBLA Kinect games for you, hopefully you already bought/got Wreckateer when it was on sale/free...

Also: Used Kinects should be fine. 9/10 people who sell it just don't like it or don't have a proper room setup to be able to use it effectively and mistakenly think the thing sucks. If I had to make an uneducated guess, a used Kinect probably sees an average of 2 hours of use before it's sold.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, that's exactly why I got it (for the expanded library of games, mainly XBLA). I got a Child of Eden code a long time ago for like 8 buck on ebay so I'm excited to try that out as well. I did get Wreckateer :) and Fruit Ninja/Gunstringer codes seem to go for very cheap as well.

Thanks for the heads up on Kinect Adventures, I'll definitely grab that as well.

[quote name='whitereflection']Right? These are all great deals.

I was skeptical about Kinect until I got one myself for the same price at Gamestop on Black Friday but now I love it. I just wish I got in on Kinect Sports Ultimate at that time too since it was only $15, though Kinect Adventures is pretty damn great for 99 cents or free. There's also a free FMV game by Intel whose name escapes me right now on Marketplace and makes me wish they still existed since the technology is finally here to support it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got in on all that crap (The MS store online deals) and what do I do with them? Flip it all to Gamestop since I didnt have an Xbox at the time. Regretting that brilliant move now.

Just want to confirm that I can be expecting it in the mail.

"In Progress via Standard Shipping" is my Order Status. Means I'm good to go right? I'm used to getting e-mails when my product has shipped from other retailers, but this is my first time from goHastings and for all I know they don't do that.

Thanks for posting this and the Promo Codes guys. 37 is the price I was waiting for to bite the bullet on one of these.

I've been looking for a Kinect at this price range. Do they get more often or is it just hit or miss? I is such a tease that it says Usually Ships Within 48 Hours before you click on the item.

Nuthin for me yet, still "In Progress"

EDIT: Mine shipped :) Hoping I have no problems with it.

Well mine showed up today. I didn't realize I needed an adapter to make it work with an older 360 though. I don't suppose I could just use a powered usb hub that plugs in, could I? Or is there a place to get a cheap power adapter.

[quote name='jthieme']Well mine showed up today. I didn't realize I needed an adapter to make it work with an older 360 though. I don't suppose I could just use a powered usb hub that plugs in, could I? Or is there a place to get a cheap power adapter.[/QUOTE]

Ebay or Amazon have tons of power supplies for $5-$6 and most have pretty good reviews. That's where I'm going to buy mine from, after I confirm that my Kinect arrives in working order (I'll borrow a power supply from a friend for the initial testing).

A quick search resulted in this one for $5.11. More in depth searching may get you one for even cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-AC-...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2c6596b564

I'm selling my Kinect w/ Disneyland and Kinect Adventures for $60 in North New Jersey. Brand new and unopened from the 4GB 360 bundle.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ebay or Amazon have tons of power supplies for $5-$6 and most have pretty good reviews. That's where I'm going to buy mine from, after I confirm that my Kinect arrives in working order (I'll borrow a power supply from a friend for the initial testing).

A quick search resulted in this one for $5.11. More in depth searching may get you one for even cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-AC-...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2c6596b564[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yes, I saw quite a few on Amazon for

[quote name='tylerh1701']Good Guy GoHastings included a used Kinect Power Adapter in my box for some reason. Pretty awesome of them. :)[/QUOTE]

Mine did as well, guess we got off pretty lucky. Currently doing the set up as I just got home from work. It doesn't seem to like any "reasonable" volume I can put my speakers on, and it's gettin' a bit up there...haha.

EDIT: There we go!

EDIT 2: Okay...should this thing be showing my room as dark as it is? I have the light on in here, and I can also see the two red lights moving around...I clicked the Kinect Tuner and it's showing my room like a heat sensor...worried that I got a malfunctioning one here. It's recognized me properly and everything, but the little display on the bottom right just looks weird.

[quote name='MykonosFan']Mine did as well, guess we got off pretty lucky. Currently doing the set up as I just got home from work. It doesn't seem to like any "reasonable" volume I can put my speakers on, and it's gettin' a bit up there...haha.

EDIT: There we go!

EDIT 2: Okay...should this thing be showing my room as dark as it is? I have the light on in here, and I can also see the two red lights moving around...I clicked the Kinect Tuner and it's showing my room like a heat sensor...worried that I got a malfunctioning one here. It's recognized me properly and everything, but the little display on the bottom right just looks weird.[/QUOTE]

Mine seems to be working perfectly, just in navigating through the menus and with the audio commands. The screen in the bottom right corner should be black and gray and grainy. When you wave your hand should become bright white, showing that it's recognizing it.

In the Settings Option, under Kinect, it looks like there is a Kinect Tuner setting that should help you get everything set up and calibrated. I would play with that for a little bit, and if that seems to be working OK I think you'll be fine.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Mine seems to be working perfectly, just in navigating through the menus and with the audio commands. The screen in the bottom right corner should be black and gray and grainy. When you wave your hand should become bright white, showing that it's recognizing it.

In the Settings Option, under Kinect, it looks like there is a Kinect Tuner setting that should help you get everything set up and calibrated. I would play with that for a little bit, and if that seems to be working OK I think you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I wave my hand and the screen stays dark...but I start glowing white and pink...basically I just shouldn't be expecting to see my room in any detail right? :lol: I don't have any of the calibration cards with mine, but I went through everything else with expected issues (there's a bed right in the middle of the room with no where for it to go so that made that process a bit tough). It recognizes my voice, my waves, etc., so regardless I think I can get everything that I want out of this. I don't ever plan on video chatting (if it even does that) so...yeah, haha. Thanks man. :p

Yeah, I randomly glow white and pink sometimes as well, I'm not exactly 100% sure what that means, but I think you've got everything going fine, I think I do too.

Remember to check out Kinect Fun Labs. There are a lot of free games in there and I think a lot of them have a few achievement points as well. Time for me to start building up my Kinect collection a little bit.

bread's done
Back