- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

#1441 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16022 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

ebay needs to figure out a way to separate good sellers from bad and allow more leeway from good sellers.

The problem is that they have so many shitty scammers, they suspect everyone of being a scammer. It's like walmart where it's a huge hassle to return anything that's over a certain value.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1442 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm thinking of getting GoW Saga using the GamerClub $20 off, my $10 RZ cert (from the email that went out today) for $10. Then I can sell the Voucher code for the 2 games for $10 on ebay (i've sold one already) and then trade the game in to GS for $20 (and maybe buy the link's crossbow or something to get an additional 50%, thus netting $30 minus the cost of link) - just sharing a thought for anyone looking for easy credit.

The $20 from this promo wont stack with the 50% promo.

#1443 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5241 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

I ended up trading my Portal 2 PS3 in today for $21 after 10% PUR. I picked up LitteBigPlanet Vita while it was on sale. Odd how it works. I'm sure it's been brought up, but I had $21 credit and purchased a $19.99 game and was not charged tax, so I had $1.01 leftover. I guess when you use credit the items you buy aren't taxed? Weird to me. I put that extra $1.01 towards my Last of Us preorder I have there.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#1444 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

yeah, depends on the state u live in. ca charges tax, even for gc purchases which sux, but then again minimum wage here is higher than other states so i guess it evens out.

I ended up trading my Portal 2 PS3 in today for $21 after 10% PUR. I picked up LitteBigPlanet Vita while it was on sale. Odd how it works. I'm sure it's been brought up, but I had $21 credit and purchased a $19.99 game and was not charged tax, so I had $1.01 leftover. I guess when you use credit the items you buy aren't taxed? Weird to me. I put that extra $1.01 towards my Last of Us preorder I have there.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1445 RoyFrugalton   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

RoyFrugalton

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yep. Mint condition on both.

Yeah... not really sure what happened there... maybe the cashier was truly being an assjack

#1446 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   966 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

values didn't dip today. i traded in lollipop chainsaw, new super mario bros ds, and forza horizon for $78. I probably paid 50 for all the games and beat nsmb and lollipop chainsaw. so good for me

#1447 stewie75  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

traded in 2 killzone trilogies, portal 2, GTA complete. walked out with $55 credit and used ocarina 3DS. for once I can without sarcasm say, thank you gamestop.

#1448 typesdragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

typesdragon

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

traded 2 copies of KZ trilogies. I still have two copies left going tomorrow. Yeah

#1449 TommyLove   CAGiversary! Banned   912 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

traded 2 copies of KZ trilogies. I still have two copies left going tomorrow. Yeah

Nice, was your KZ trilogy from the PS3 controller bundle?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1450 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

yeah, depends on the state u live in. ca charges tax, even for gc purchases which sux, but then again minimum wage here is higher than other states so i guess it evens out.

Actually us in Washington state have the highest in the country. (According to my memory and Wikipedia.) It does look like just the city of San Francisco will have the highest in January though.

We also don't have to pay tax on purchases with credit. Don't even know how much money that has saved me over the years but many hundreds I am sure.

#1451 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2008 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

Even if that were true, which it's not, it would not even out.

#1452 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

So I was gonna buy a Vita 8 GB memory card with some store credit at GS and I noticed that they charge $5 more for the memory card than every other retailer? Why?

#1453 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

So I was gonna buy a Vita 8 GB memory card with some store credit at GS and I noticed that they charge $5 more for the memory card than every other retailer? Why?

Can u find a used one? And thats just gamestop i think they always priced the vita accessories like that.. But yeah i rmbr tht they did charge more for the vita mem card since it first came out

#1454 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

didnt mean that we have the highest overall, i was just using ca as an example because i live here and know its higher than some other states.
thats rad that u dont get charged tax on gc purchases though.

Actually us in Washington state have the highest in the country. (According to my memory and Wikipedia.) It does look like just the city of San Francisco will have the highest in January though.

We also don't have to pay tax on purchases with credit. Don't even know how much money that has saved me over the years but many hundreds I am sure.

now playing:

#1455 vtswordfish   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

vtswordfish

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Was able to score a cheap copy of SSMB - Wii from BBV and traded it up for more credit at gamestop today, so the prices are still good, might scour the local used places for some good deals to trade-in too...wished I'd have gotten some of those BF deals now hah

#1456 FawkAndSuck   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

FawkAndSuck

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Does anyone know if you have to be a powerup rewards PRO member in order to get these values? My PRO membership expired a few months ago and I was wondering if I can still get these deals with the free membership.

#1457 tcextreme   CAG in Training CAG in Training   18 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

tcextreme

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

No, you only need the PRO membership if you want an extra 10%. You DEFINITELY can get these prices with just the free one, and don't let people at the store tell you otherwise.

As of this afternoon, values were still good, but apparently there was a national-level outage of Gamestop intranet somehow? Did anybody else run into that?

#1458 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

ya u can, u just dont get the extra 10%.

now playing:

#1459 Darkfighter54   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Darkfighter54

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Do you get these same prices if you trade in for Cash instead of Store Credit?

#1460 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Do you get these same prices if you trade in for Cash instead of Store Credit?

lol no .... Please stop.

#1461 HououinK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Woops, wrong thread lol

Edited by kinney_bmx, 15 December 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#1462 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Because it's GameStop! It's the GameStop tax :mrgreen:

:lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1463 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Because it's GameStop! It's the GameStop tax :mrgreen:

:lol:

Power to the Players? :roll:

#1464 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

can I use the gs credit to buy psn netword card?

#1465 typesdragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

typesdragon

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Nice, was your KZ trilogy from the PS3 controller bundle?

YES! I took out the DLC for the maps and trading in the games. I kept the camo controller for myself.

#1466 theking20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4558 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

heh was lazy all week so i will finally trade in some games tomorrow.

*watches all the trade values plummet* :P

looking to get a used PS vita memory card, might be like $5-10 cheaper, oh well.

then buy ps vita all stars or little big planet vita :D

#1467 sassylaurie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

sassylaurie

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Was talked into renewing my PUR membership when trading in Sly and Angry Birds. Total TIV was $47.xx. I assume it was higher than the listed TIV because it was 2 games. Anyways, when I was asked if I wanted to renew, I asked if the extra 10% would then stack on top of those values. He said yes, but it didn't. I had places to go, so I didn't debate because both games were extras from BF anyways, so I still cleared $7 TIC and renewed my PUR with B2G1 coupon coming.

#1468 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11418 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Was talked into renewing my PUR membership when trading in Sly and Angry Birds. Total TIV was $47.xx. I assume it was higher than the listed TIV because it was 2 games. Anyways, when I was asked if I wanted to renew, I asked if the extra 10% would then stack on top of those values. He said yes, but it didn't. I had places to go, so I didn't debate because both games were extras from BF anyways, so I still cleared $7 TIC and renewed my PUR with B2G1 coupon coming.

The 10% PUR bonus is based on the base value, not the promo value.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1469 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

You traded in 2 games worth $45 andgot $47 but don't think any pur bonus applied?! Where'd the extra $2 come from?..nice gesture of gamestop, c'mon!

#1470 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

So far I have $375 in credit...haven't calculated how much was profit. I still have more games to trade tomorrow. And I traded some to amazon today...its a great way to end the gaming year...now I gotta buy all the kindle cards at gamestop.