Honestly, Far Cry 3 isn't really that good..

I got it on gamefly and its just boring.... the mushroom trip scene was generic as all hell and this whole default story is pissing me off ... what the fuck

[quote name='Playstation4LyFE']I got it on gamefly and its just boring.... the mushroom trip scene was generic as all hell and this whole default story is pissing me off ... what the fuck[/QUOTE]

Go back to call of duty kid.

Well I'm digging it. Vaas is a freakin awesome bad guy. But I can see where people wouldn't like it. I was getting pretty frustrated with it for the first few hours, then I started leveling up and gaining more abilities, that is where I think the game starts getting better, but if you are not liking it due to the lagginess then that is a different story all together.

[quote name='Playstation4LyFE']playing it on xbox and its very laggy.[/QUOTE]
I haven't had any issues with lag. It's actually pretty smooth. Cutscenes don't look all that hot, though.

I'm digging it, but I love sandbox games like these. It's still repetitive as hell, but that's Ubisoft. It has some very high production values though from mo-cap to voice acting. I just wish captain insano was in more of it because he's fucking awesome.

If I had one complaint it would be inconsistency with textures, since some look fantastic and others (like ground textures) look dated. My guess is limitations of consoles that held the PC version back a bit. BTW, the PC version is not consolized in the options department at all. I wish all PC games that have console releases were done this well.

I'm loving the game so far but I started out renting it on the 360 via Redbox and the console versions are pretty bad. Horrible framerate and sluggish controls.

I grabbed it on the PC and am now pretty close to finishing it and it is a MUCH better experience on the PC. I just wish you weren't forced to use the stupid Ubisoft Uplay program.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I'm loving the game so far but I started out renting it on the 360 via Redbox and the console versions are pretty bad. Horrible framerate and sluggish controls.

I grabbed it on the PC and am now pretty close to finishing it and it is a MUCH better experience on the PC. I just wish you weren't forced to use the stupid Ubisoft Uplay program.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to get it on PS3 or 360 but when I saw that parts of the game go as low as 20 fps, I decided to wait for the PC version to go on sale.

The story is terrible but the gameplay is great. Just make up your own story.

So wait. The police knew internal affairs was setting them up?

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 except for the random and annoying encounters with jeeps chasing me. Please tell me they don't have that in FC3...

[quote name='dustdust']I enjoyed Far Cry 2 except for the random and annoying encounters with jeeps chasing me. Please tell me they don't have that in FC3...[/QUOTE]

No, enemy outposts are pretty much kept far enough off the main roads that they won't bother you while you travel. There are a few enemy cars on the roads, though not as many as in FC2, and they decrease over time as you continue to take over the outposts.

I get that this is a big improvement to many, but it's actually my one biggest complaint about FC3. I loved the random encounters in FC2: just getting to the objective was an adventure in and of itself, and all of the random elements made for some really awesome unscripted moments. I've been playing FC3 for like 10 hours now, and after clearing all the outposts and wanted dead contracts on the northern island I don't have any real action except for the occasional wild animal. I can't imagine how much longevity the second part will get.

The story is pretty crummy: Some of the voice acting and mocap is amazing, but some bits of dialogue are just plain goofy (there's some choice parts from the main character that made me roll my eyes)... it's clear they spent nearly all of their effort on Vaas. Ultimately, this isn't the biggest concern of mine, I didn't come into FC3 to play for a story or for the linear campaign parts, and I'll take what FC3 gives me over the bland, super-fast talking characters from FC2.

I don't get all the complaints; I think Far Cry 3 is great. I'm playing in on 360 and I have no lag or frame rate drops. Most of the story is compelling. Sure there is a drop off in the middle but the ending is great and if you look the story as a whole, it's very meta. You are supposed to have a difficult time at first. Story wise it makes sense because the character has no experience in doing the things he has too. That's why the gear upgrades and skill trees work so well. I'm in my second play through and the first thing I worked on was getting bigger bags, wallets, etc. and doing radio towers for the free guns.

The dev of the game has said the game is supposed to be satire but there's really no indication of this besides his word. You basically instantly become a badass, and the stuff with the natives and the rape jokes are awful. A much better meditation on "just what are you actually accomplishing?" and "what have you become?" can be found in Spec Ops The Line.

I was really hesitant about buying this cause I hated far cry 2 so much, but I picked up on sale, and I must say, I really like it. Only about halfway through the first playthrough, but I'm having a blast.

bread's done
Back