Borderlands 2 PC Key £11.99 at Simplygames

JostVice

CAG Newbie
So Borderlands 2 CD KEY Download for PC £11.99 on Simplygames!

The game is steamworks so the key activates on steam

PD As i am a new user I can't post links!
PD2 I used the search engine and couldn't find anything about this!

While you may get a totally working key, there is also the chance Steam will revoke it. I personally never trust these random key sites. If I want a key for something, its GMG or bust.

Not like GMG is the only reputable site to get Steamworks games/keys from. Amazon, Gamer's Gate, Gamestop, Gamefly, and Getgamesgo are always reliable third party merchants.

Personally I haven't used the site before, but it does work out to about $20.00 which is pretty great, not earthshattering. Doing a little research, it seems legit tho.

[quote name='Mooby']Not like GMG is the only reputable site to get Steamworks games/keys from. Amazon, Gamer's Gate, Gamestop, Gamefly, and Getgamesgo are always reliable third party merchants.[/QUOTE]

I know this, but 95% of the time GMG has the best deals, so I pretty much just exclusively deal with them if I'm buying PC games outside of Steam.

[quote name='SEH']While you may get a totally working key, there is also the chance Steam will revoke it. I personally never trust these random key sites. If I want a key for something, its GMG or bust.[/QUOTE]

Why would steam revoke it? I mean, what are the reasons for steam to do that? stolen keys only? or selling under value is another reason too?

[quote name='JostVice']Why would steam revoke it? I mean, what are the reasons for steam to do that? stolen keys only?[/quote]
Well, that could be one reason...if it's actually stolen...

or selling under value is another reason too?
Regional pricing can be MUCH different in different territories - especially if you're from the USA and you're buying outside of there in a totally different currency (i.e. pounds).

Also depends on what kind of key you're getting, too - i.e. if it has any sort of region attached to it.
Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.
Usually, that's enforced by either Valve; and/or 3rd party publishers; and/or game distributors.

EDIT:
[quote name='Mooby']Not like GMG is the only reputable site to get Steamworks games/keys from. Amazon, Gamer's Gate, Gamestop, Gamefly, and Getgamesgo are always reliable third party merchants.[/QUOTE]
And if you live in the USA, they usually sell you keys priced in your own currency of US $, too.

[quote name='JostVice']Why would steam revoke it? I mean, what are the reasons for steam to do that? stolen keys only? or selling under value is another reason too?[/QUOTE]

They can revoke the game or ban your account if it is from an unauthorized reseller. I am not saying that is the case for this one but there have been a few sites that sell Russian keys because they are sold much cheaper there to help combat the rampant piracy.

Yeah so I ordered this at 9:30AM Est and haven't gotten a key yet. 15 minutes my ass.

Oh well, it was only $20 and I'm sure it'll be refunded.

[quote name='Saablic']They can revoke the game or ban your account if it is from an unauthorized reseller. I am not saying that is the case for this one but there have been a few sites that sell Russian keys because they are sold much cheaper there to help combat the rampant piracy.[/QUOTE]

Do you personally think there's a high chance of this being revoked?

[quote name='rayshon1']Do you personally think there's a high chance of this being revoked?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not. For me, peace of mind that I won't log in one day and find my game deactivated is worth a few extra bucks.

I'm with the guys above, there is only a list of 5 or 6 places that I will buy steam keys from.

The game has been out for almost 3 months already, it won't be long before sales in the $25 range are the norm. Nvidia vouchers for the game can be had for $20-$25 still.

I paid near $35 on release (thanks, GMG) and I don't regret it.

Is this site legit? Maybe. Does it make me wonder why a site I never heard of is selling keys for a lot less than the big players who can probably work out better deals with the publisher? Definitely. Is it your money to spend regardless of what I think? Yes, sir.

I agree completely with gnargnargnar. I never buy Steam keys from these kinds of sites (simply games). Just not worth it, and I'd rather know my money goes towards the developers than some sketchy key site.

[quote name='Chux']Just received my key, took a day, and I'm at work so I can't redeem it.[/QUOTE]

how did it go? legit?

Thats good to hear. Only keys I have had revoked by Steam where ones I got off Ebay and they always redeemed as being from somewhere in the former Soviet Bloc. :)

bread's done
Back