Mega Man's official 25th birthday.

Just an FYI, apparently this is a fan project that Capcom slapped with a C&D and basically are taking all the credit for in exchange for letting the guy finish it.

So, yeah. fuck Capcom.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Just an FYI, apparently this is a fan project that Capcom slapped with a C&D and basically are taking all the credit for in exchange for letting the guy finish it.

So, yeah. fuck Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Eh, they had the creator on stage during the SF 25th Anniversary stream earlier and they clearly stated it was a fan-made game.

[quote name='RAY16']Eh, they had the creator on stage during the SF 25th Anniversary stream earlier and they clearly stated it was a fan-made game.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what I get for reading Kotaku comments.

But since this is still the only thing Capcom is really doing for Megaman's 25th anniversary (Megaman X-Over is an insult to the franchise, so that doesn't count for shit.), compared to the Street Fighter anniversary. My statement of "fuck Capcom" still stands.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Well, that's what I get for reading Kotaku comments.

But since this is still the only thing Capcom is really doing for Megaman's 25th anniversary (Megaman X-Over is an insult to the franchise, so that doesn't count for shit.), compared to the Street Fighter anniversary. My statement of "fuck Capcom" still stands.[/QUOTE]

No... They said they will have more announcements on Dec 17.

Don't know why people are trying to make out Capcom to be the bad guy here. Sure, they fucked up with MM Legends 3, but they actually did right this time, and deserve credit for it. Creator of the game, who's actually a well known SF player, showed it to Capcom and they loved it. Instead of being assholes and shutting the project down, like so many other companies tend to do, they decided to help back it and support it. They've given full credit to the creator and never once tried to 'steal his work'. Next time do a little research before spreading your anti-Capcom propaganda. :)

Game looks awesome, can't wait to download it.

[quote name='unitedvandalism']Don't know why people are trying to make out Capcom to be the bad guy here. Sure, they fucked up with MM Legends 3, but they actually did right this time, and deserve credit for it. Creator of the game, who's actually a well known SF player, showed it to Capcom and they loved it. Instead of being assholes and shutting the project down, like so many other companies tend to do, they decided to help back it and support it. They've given full credit to the creator and never once tried to 'steal his work'. Next time do a little research before spreading your anti-Capcom propaganda. :)

Game looks awesome, can't wait to download it.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that there have only been two Megaman games since 2004, and none since 2010, right? And they were both 8-bit style downloadable games.

Capcom cancelled Megaman Universe AND MML3 BTW.

I already said I was misinformed in a prior post, forgive me for not watching a Street Fighter stream to get my MM info guys. Perhaps on the 17th, they'll announce something awesome for us MM fans, but so far I think that just saying "Hey guys, we didn't shut down a fan game about Mega Man! And that's all we've done for the 25th anniversary while we pimp the shit outta Street Fighter. Love us again plz!" is in bad taste.

This is marvelous!!! Too bad they dont release this on consoles too. I'd even pay for it on Xbox just to get some achievements in it.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']You do realize that there have only been two Megaman games since 2004, and none since 2010, right? And they were both 8-bit style downloadable games.

Capcom cancelled Megaman Universe AND MML3 BTW.

I already said I was misinformed in a prior post, forgive me for not watching a Street Fighter stream to get my MM info guys. Perhaps on the 17th, they'll announce something awesome for us MM fans, but so far I think that just saying "Hey guys, we didn't shut down a fan game about Mega Man! And that's all we've done for the 25th anniversary while we pimp the shit outta Street Fighter. Love us again plz!" is in bad taste.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I see your point. I've just always been much more of a Street Fighter fan, so I'm not complaining. I can see MegaMan fans being a little let down though. Here's to hoping on the 17th they reannounce MM Legends 3... or MM 11, or a new X game.

bread's done
Back