Patriot Games
Clear & Present Danger
Minority Report
Shooter
Sum of All Fears
The Hunt for Red October
War of the Worlds (remake)

All are Blu-ray editions.

I disagree. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Movie cash usually comes when you BUY a movie. Thanks OP. Gonna pick up Minority Report and the wife will get War of the worlds.

[quote name='rogus']I disagree. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Movie cash usually comes when you BUY a movie. Thanks OP. Gonna pick up Minority Report and the wife will get War of the worlds.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether you can infer a deal or not, it's still misleading. There are recent occurrences in fact when you can actually net a free movie ticket without having to spend any money out of pocket (i.e. you get a ticket for pre-ordering the same movie, which you can cancel afterwards) so that actually makes the title even worse since that isn't the case here

[quote name='rogus']I disagree. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Movie cash usually comes when you BUY a movie. Thanks OP. Gonna pick up Minority Report and the wife will get War of the worlds.[/QUOTE]

For Men in Black 3 tickets and a few other times it came when PREORDERING a movie. Of course this required no money because you could cancel the preorder anytime in the next several months.

Anyway, thanks OP. I'm thinking of upgrading my DVD of Minority Report to bluray just to get the ticket.

For Men in Black 3, and I believe Ted, and a few other times it came when PREORDERING a movie. Of course this required no money because you could cancel the preorder anytime in the next several months.

Anyway, thanks OP. I'm thinking of upgrading my DVD of Minority Report to bluray just to get the ticket.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Regardless of whether you can infer a deal or not, it's still misleading. There are recent occurrences in fact when you can actually net a free movie ticket without having to spend any money out of pocket (i.e. you get a ticket for pre-ordering the same movie, which you can cancel afterwards) so that actually makes the title even worse since that isn't the case here[/QUOTE]

That happened a couple times. the VAST majority of ways to get movie cash is when you buy select movies. It would make more sense if it was a deal to get $10 movie cash for free to have FOR FREE in the title, which it doesn't.

Anyway, boo hoo, you wasted 2 seconds clicking a link and are too cheap to basically get a free movie if you plan on seeing Jack Reacher.

Personally, I don't think the movie looks that great or I'd jump on a couple of those blu rays.

The thread nazi here are hialrious some times.

Did he put FREE movie cash in the title? Nope...

Anyone with some sense would know it was movie cash for buying a movie...

Misleading?!? So the OP tried to trick you into reading his post about a deal? What a jerk the OP is, I feel for you and the few seconds you wasted in your busy, busy life. I'm sure he was trying to snare you in his wicked web of lies. I'm also sorry you couldn't steal a free movie ticket from a business because the post isn't what you thought it was...

Where did I say I was going to take advantage of the deal if it was "free" like the others? Oh right, I didn't, thanks for the assumption. Since you clearly can't even grasp the concept of what a misleading title is, I see no reason to even have any debate with you.

My point is that you clicked on something that wasn't for you and instead of moving on to another post like a reasonable person, you took the time to make the OP look like he did something wrong. He helped me and others, misleading or not (Which anyone with a half a brain can see it wasn't trying to mislead anyone.) Misleading is usually malicious, this was done to help people get a blu ray and movie ticket for $11. Also you brought up the fact of pre-ordering and canceling to get a free ticket. STEALING!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Where did I say I was going to take advantage of the deal if it was "free" like the others? Oh right, I didn't, thanks for the assumption. Since you clearly can't even grasp the concept of what a misleading title is, I see no reason to even have any debate with you.[/QUOTE]

If you have read just about every other comment you would see that you are the only one who thinks the title is misleading, so it would appear that YOU cant grasp the concept of what a misleading title is.

Not misleading at all, and thanks to the op I basically got MI4 for 4 bucks since I planned to see Jack Reacher anyways.

I think it looks pretty good, especially after the latest trailer for it.

[quote name='rogus']My point is that you clicked on something that wasn't for you and instead of moving on to another post like a reasonable person, you took the time to make the OP look like he did something wrong. He helped me and others, misleading or not (Which anyone with a half a brain can see it wasn't trying to mislead anyone.) Misleading is usually malicious, this was done to help people get a blu ray and movie ticket for $11. Also you brought up the fact of pre-ordering and canceling to get a free ticket. STEALING![/QUOTE]

Actually all I did was post the truth, and even help others by informing them that they have to buy a movie to get the ticket which the OP didn't even mention in his description.. I didn't berate or insult the OP at all in my first post.

I brought up the pre-ordering to get the ticket because if that was the case, then you could make the argument that there is no other purchase necessary and thus the title would be more fitting. That in no way means that I'd take advantage of doing that, and I haven't on a single occasion before. And it's not stealing actually. They're giving you an incentive to pre-order the movie, but if you hate the movie what sense is it going to be to keep that pre-order? Or if you find it cheaper?

The bottom line is, it's misleading and the OP didn't even bother to explain it in his post. Things that could easily be remedied. I post deals here all the time if you weren't aware, and if someone said I was misleading, guess what I'd do? I'd fix it. I don't see why I really have to explain any of this, as it's pretty self-explanatory, but this will be my last post about it.

[quote name='kilik64']The thread nazi here are hialrious some times.

Did he put FREE movie cash in the title? Nope...

Anyone with some sense would know it was movie cash for buying a movie...[/QUOTE]

But now you're being a sencist by assuming everybody has common sense.

How rude!

[quote name='Squarehard']But now you're being a sencist by assuming everybody has common sense.

How rude![/QUOTE]

I heart you.

Misleading title or not, it should have been put in the movie cash thread that has been pushed down to page 3 since we keep getting these single posts.

I clicked on the thread to read the details, which he has posted via the link. So he saved some time by posting as few words as possible - big deal. I am happy he posted the deal so I could check into it. Thanks OP, always on the look out for free movie cash.

[quote name='heyboova']That happened a couple times. the VAST majority of ways to get movie cash is when you buy select movies. It would make more sense if it was a deal to get $10 movie cash for free to have FOR FREE in the title, which it doesn't.

Anyway, boo hoo, you wasted 2 seconds clicking a link and are too cheap to basically get a free movie if you plan on seeing Jack Reacher.

Personally, I don't think the movie looks that great or I'd jump on a couple of those blu rays.[/QUOTE]

At my local theater they will let you use any movie cash for any movie. My big problem is these movies will mean having to watch Tom Cruise who is probably my least favorite actor.

[quote name='whoknows']I liked it better when you could just pre-order the movie and get free movie cash.[/QUOTE]
I think this is precisely why ssj wanted to make a point about being specificity.

In any case, ssj is just as entitled to his opinion as is everybody else. And his comment was directed to the op if anything, so if the op has a problem with it he can respond himself without having backseat complainers for him.

I think everyone is just blowing it out of proportion, but after all, this is an online forum, so not like anybody should be surprised.

Just glad everybody is in the holiday spirit!

It was blown completely out of proportion considering I'm actually trying to help the rest of the forum avoid clicking something they potentially have no interest in. If there was no recent precedence for getting a movie ticket for just pre-ordering the movie (i.e. no cash up front) then it wouldn't have been a problem. It's not even like I freaked out on the op or anything lol. I said the title is misleading, you have to buy a movie first. You'd think I'd called him an idiot or something sheesh.

I imagine I'd be flambéed if I didn't mention that facebook was required in the $5 off $25 at Amazon thread I recently posted in the VG section.

Every time that preview comes on, my dad can't shut up about how Cruise was the worst possible casting job imaginable for Reacher. The movie looks like a solid HBO/Netflix view to me, but apparently will be unwatchable to anyone who's read the books.

bread's done
Back