Portal Device Replica Display Stand = $14.41

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Edit: Price is now just $15 at Amazon

Originally retailed at $49.99 and is currently just $19.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Portal-Device...355200535&sr=8-1&keywords=portal+device+stand

I own all four original models (Chell, P-Body, Atlas and Cave Johnson P-Body variant) and while I don't plan on opening them I bought three of these just now in case I decide to sell them.

I think the stand is kind of ugly but from the reviews it looks pretty solid, is rather large, and quite heavy so if you are looking for something to display your Portal Gun this is a good find for just $20 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me every time that keeps getting
Oops!

We're very sorry, but we're having trouble doing what you just asked us to do. Please give us another chance--click the Back button on your browser and try your request again. Or start from the beginning on our homepage.

Every once in a while on amazon? :cry:

Really cool, but I never ended up taking mine out of the box.
Also, thank you to whomever put those tags. Been giggling over it for a minute.

[quote name='GBAstar']Originally retailed at $49.99 and is currently just $19.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Portal-Device...355200535&sr=8-1&keywords=portal+device+stand

I own all four original models (Chell, P-Body, Atlas and Cave Johnson P-Body variant) and while I don't plan on opening them I bought three of these just now in case I decide to sell them.

I think the stand is kind of ugly but from the reviews it looks pretty solid, is rather large, and quite heavy so if you are looking for something to display your Portal Gun this is a good find for just $20 bucks[/QUOTE]

Do you think these will be worth money some day? I have the first 3 still in the box but they don't seem to be selling on ebay. I bought 3 stands to display them eventually as I really don't think they will be worth money in the long run.

[quote name='Jawwaad1']Do you think these will be worth money some day? I have the first 3 still in the box but they don't seem to be selling on ebay. I bought 3 stands to display them eventually as I really don't think they will be worth money in the long run.[/QUOTE]

What? I guess you waited for the wrong time to sell. The Chell unit is worth the most; I had one buyer pay close to $900 just after release.

You should be able to get $350 - $450 now without much of a problem.

The other two units (P-body and Atlus) may only fetch around $200 - $250.

Best thing to do is wait for another Portal game to come out if your ultimate goal is to resell.

[quote name='GBAstar']What? I guess you waited for the wrong time to sell. The Chell unit is worth the most; I had one buyer pay close to $900 just after release.

You should be able to get $350 - $450 now without much of a problem.

The other two units (P-body and Atlus) may only fetch around $200 - $250.

Best thing to do is wait for another Portal game to come out if your ultimate goal is to resell.[/QUOTE]

$900? What the fuck. haha

[quote name='ShockandAww']$900? What the fuck. haha[/QUOTE]

When I put things up on eBay I don't do a lot of auction style listings but I'm glad I did with the Chell gun.

I think I got ~ $900, $550, $300; and I goofed on that last listing because I forgot to put "Gun" in the title so if you searched for "Portal Gun" nothing would pop up. I think the title was something like Portal Prop Replica Device blah blah blah which killed the visibility. And I didn't realize it until too late and I just decided to honor the sale.

[quote name='GBAstar']When I put things up on eBay I don't do a lot of auction style listings but I'm glad I did with the Chell gun.

I think I got ~ $900, $550, $300; and I goofed on that last listing because I forgot to put "Gun" in the title so if you searched for "Portal Gun" nothing would pop up. I think the title was something like Portal Prop Replica Device blah blah blah which killed the visibility. And I didn't realize it until too late and I just decided to honor the sale.[/QUOTE]

Ouch yep I've done that a couple times where I forget obvious things in the listings, luckily not on any auctions though.

Thanks a bunch OP! I've actually got one of these suckers, and the Chell one too, without paying an outrageous seller-premium. Wanted this to display it but that $50 was way too rich for my blood (hell justifying paying $140 for a plastic replica was hard enough).

I just updated the title/OP.

I ordered three originally and still need to buy one more so that I'll have four stands for all four original models.

Figures the price would drop a few days after I received my original shipment. I don't really feel like hassling customer service though.

The person who got to sell the portal gun for $900 was very lucky!! I only got rid of mine for around 400. Which is pretty good since I technically got my portal gun to keep for free. Shipping was ridiculously high though, ~$50 for it. I tried to do the same for the second since I would have like to collect all 3 versions but it didn't sell as much as the Chell one, which i am glad i got.. I like the original one the best and i was bummed i missed out on the stand for it. However in the end i'm glad i did as i just got this for $10!! Will compliment my Chell Portal gun very well.

HELLZ YES. to think I preordered 2x of these when they were 50$ and literally cancelled 2 days before release as I felt price was retarded.

21$ for both shipped and I had 24$ in amazon points, happy me

Oh man, it's only $10.50 now!

I'd also like to ask, is there any physical difference between the original 3, and the new customizable Portal Gun, besides the decals and the ability to switch between all 3?

[quote name='TimPV3']Oh man, it's only $10.50 now!

I'd also like to ask, is there any physical difference between the original 3, and the new customizable Portal Gun, besides the decals and the ability to switch between all 3?[/QUOTE]

I thiught somebody said the new one was a bit smaller but not really? Or something like that. The decals are the main thing.

oh man, never got this because it was always too high, i was tempted at 20. Now it seems too good at 10.50. still my cag side says to wait, 657 in stock. how many people still thinking about it even though its only 10 bucks

Had a major fight with Amazon this morning to get my 19.99 price reduced to the new price. Because they shipped the wrong item initially I could make the argument the price had dropped while the item was in transit. Had to talk to a supervisor but I got my money back :)

[quote name='stoned99']Had a major fight with Amazon this morning to get my 19.99 price reduced to the new price. Because they shipped the wrong item initially I could make the argument the price had dropped while the item was in transit. Had to talk to a supervisor but I got my money back :)[/QUOTE]

Way to act like a customer, pal. Smh. You are the reason so many people hate working retail. You didn't have a "major fight with AMAZON". You had a major fight with somebody who woke up today and had to go to work to deal with your entitled demands because otherwise corporate would fire him. Differentiate the PERSON from the corporation. Why argue when you can be calm and friendly? The almighty customer...smh.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Way to act like a customer, pal. Smh. You are the reason so many people hate working retail. You didn't have a "major fight with AMAZON". You had a major fight with somebody who woke up today and had to go to work to deal with your entitled demands because otherwise corporate would fire him. Differentiate the PERSON from the corporation. Why argue when you can be calm and friendly? The almighty customer...smh.[/QUOTE]

Dude, chill. It's my money, my fight. I didn't call the person a cunt or anything else.

[quote name='Toss']I think I bought one of those guns...I just can't find it. WTF!!?[/QUOTE]

You probably sold it on ebay, I was tempted but I love my Son more than the money :D (I used GS points to get mine for free)

[quote name='nightmarishhero']oh man, never got this because it was always too high, i was tempted at 20. Now it seems too good at 10.50. still my cag side says to wait, 657 in stock. how many people still thinking about it even though its only 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many of these were even made - considering the install base of people who would own the gun is pretty low in the first place.

Got mine today and id say worth $10 for sure. Alot bigger than i thought it was though , id say you need like at least 2 feet clearance vertical wise to display it.

[quote name='style_unseen']Is it just me every time that keeps getting
Oops!

We're very sorry, but we're having trouble doing what you just asked us to do. Please give us another chance--click the Back button on your browser and try your request again. Or start from the beginning on our homepage.

Every once in a while on amazon? :cry:[/QUOTE]

once in a while but only when I use referred links like this one

bread's done
Back