Obsidian's Extra Life Charity Extravaganza [Last day for donations 12/31/2012]

randomdud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
237 (100%)
Hi, folks.

It's closing in on the Holidays and I've got a bunch of stuff that I'm going to be giving away in order to help out one of my favorite charities. I have prizes readily available for a bunch more people who donate at this point, so hopefully some of you are feeling generous. If any of the prizes don't gather much interest from the donors, I'll be donating them to GoodWill.

If you are interested in donating for any of the prizes, please leave me a way to contact you when you donate or a PM if you're shy. As quite a few of the digital prizes are Steam-based, I would prefer having Steam Community links in addition to email/username. Quite a few of the giveaways will be run through SteamGifts using a private group that donors will be invited to join. Not all of the digital prizes will be distributed through SteamGifts, however, as I don't want to discourage entries from people who already own the game and would like to enjoy the experience with their friends.

Digital items extended information: I'm going to be having a digital raffle after the New Year for some of the previous items on the list and a couple new ones purchased in the intervening time. As such, the list of digital items needs to be updated some, so if it's altered please understand. I will be updating the list soon.

Physical items extended information: At the rate I'm going you're all going to win some games and stuff. I'm currently debating between having all donors give me lists of physical prizes they are interested in or going through 1 by 1 and having them select from the available pools. I prefer lists, but I'll listen to the donors and follow what you guys want.

IMPORTANT DATES:

LAST day for donations to be accepted into raffle: December 31st, 2012.
EDIT: An Extra Life planner has contacted me back and told me that they cannot give me a firm date beyond the end of this month, so the previous date of January 3rd, 2013 will have to be replaced with December 31st, 2012.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. :cry:

Currently the plan is to distribute digital prizes (2nd set of giveaways, so not all of them in the full list are still up for grabs; I will edit them out shortly) and start shipping the physical prizes first week of January 2013.

Viewable Overall Prize List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XVmWWVlNDJBQkE

Link to this giveaway's specific donation page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=32243

If anyone has questions, please PM me or post here.

RULES SECTION : Donor prizes will be a mixture of tier-based prizes and some random luck prizes that anyone who donates (Tier 1 minimum) is eligible for. Example: A donation of $15 would allow the donor to be eligible for all tiers below $15, so tiers 1, 2, and 3.

Prize Tier explanation (donations need to be equal or greater than the value stated to earn the Tier designation)
1: >= $5
2: >= $10
3: >= $15
4: >= $20

Estimated number of prizes in each tier
#1: ~60 Digital + 21 Physical
#2: 27 + #1
#3: 19 + #1 + #2
#4: 14 + #1 + #2 + #3

Here's a link to Extra Life with more information -----> http://www.extra-life.org/

Here's a link to the Children's Miracle Network for more information ----> http://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/

Once again, if anyone has questions/concerns, please PM me or post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A cheery bump with some news/updates.

LAST day for donations to be accepted into raffle: January 3rd, 2013.

Digital people rejoice! I'm going to be adding a small digital raffle after the New Year for some of the previous items on the list as well as new ones purchased in the intervening time.

Physical people party like it's 1999! At the rate I'm going you're all going to win some games and stuff. I'm currently debating between having all donors give me lists of physical prizes they are interested in or going through 1 by 1 and having them select from the available pools. I prefer lists, but I'll listen to the donors and follow what you guys want.

If anyone has questions, please PM me or post here. :D

P.S. Apocalypse feels good, brah.

IMPORTANT DATES:

LAST day for donations to be accepted into raffle: December 31st, 2012.
EDIT: An Extra Life planner has contacted me back and told me that they cannot give me a firm end date beyond the last of this month, so the previous date of January 3rd, 2013 will have to be replaced with December 31st, 2012.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. :cry:

Awesome prizes man! Hope you finish the year strong!

EDIT: I see some Tier 3 prizes that look good. Gonna give you the additional money to bring my donation to $15!

Last bump! Also, if any of you donates Anonymously, please contact me. Without some way to contact you, I won't be able to send prizes out and stuff!

I believe everyone's sent in their lists and addresses (I might be waiting on 1-2 folks who forgot to include addresses), so physical prize draws will occur later tonight. Shipping will occur early tomorrow and digital postings after I return from shipping. Please remember to send in addresses if you haven't! I'll send out reminders, but if you take too long your prize shipment will be delayed.

bread's done
Back