Double Fine's "Kinect Party" will be free from Dec 18th - Dec 31st.

That's pretty awesome, was gonna buy this anyway since I enjoyed the first one, and since everything transfers over. This looks like it will be just as fun just to mess around with as the other one, definitely gonna grab it during this time.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I think I have about 6 free kinect games now and no kinect... boy that thing sure flung out crap nobody wants.[/QUOTE]

That's a cool story, but for myself and everyone else I know that has a Kinect, none of us have regretted it. Dance Central alone makes it worth it, Gun Stringer and Fruit Ninja are fun as well, plus all the little games that come out for free every once in a while are nice as well.

[quote name='ctclements']That's a cool story, but for myself and everyone else I know that has a Kinect, none of us have regretted it. Dance Central alone makes it worth it, Gun Stringer and Fruit Ninja are fun as well, plus all the little games that come out for free every once in a while are nice as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Dance Central, Fruit Ninja and Kinect Sports have all been incredibly fun for me and family/friends. It's been totally worth it.

Dance Central is a blast, and when people come over we have a fantastic time playing. I knew I would like that game and the Kinect works great with it. It's much more fun than the dance games that require you to wave around the wand.

[quote name='mrclutch']This is like-
The bad news is we only have dirt for dinner.
The good news is it's all you can eat.[/QUOTE]

This is genuinely pretty great. I'm guessing you haven't seen Happy Action Theatre in person? It's a lot of dumb fun.

Was ready to pay 800 for this no questions asked, but free is tremendous.

[quote name='gldoorii']I agree. Dance Central, Fruit Ninja and Kinect Sports have all been incredibly fun for me and family/friends. It's been totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

I like Kinect but personally hated Gunstringer.

You know what game is completely worth a Kinect alone? Kung Fu High-Impact. Endless awesomeness.

[quote name='Hodaka']They're silly minigames, but Double Fine makes about the best use of the Kinect out of anyone else I've seen program for it.[/QUOTE]
This. I usually dislike minigames, but Kinect Party is one of the best ways to introduce people to the Kinect. Double Fine did a superb job with it.

[quote name='mrclutch']This is like-
The bad news is we only have dirt for dinner.
The good news is it's all you can eat.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... except DFHAT actually is a ton of fun for kids and adults. Guessing you've never actually played it. I was ready to pay full price for this happily, so getting it free is amazing.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']No one has bitched and moaned about this being mentioned in the XBLA deals thread... I'm proud of you lot![/QUOTE]

LOL. the joey disciples haven't arrived yet... :razz:

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']anyone know what the free 108 KB game add on is for?[/QUOTE]

Someone who got an copy via code earlier tweeted something about an unlock code. I assume it's that. Maybe that's what will go up in price in a couple of weeks?

Game was free in the marketplace, but it was only the trial. I had to go to the link in the OP on my iphone to download the add-on to unlock everything.

Works fine now. Daughter spent 30 minutes hopping around before bed. Win.

Yeah, it looks like you can just download all 3 items. The game, the unlock, and then there appears to possibly be an addon(?) called The Star Gazer.

My daughter will probably make sure daddy plays this tonight until I'm dead on my feet.

bread's done
Back