Need advice on Amazon order...

gpgorbosjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I bought Oblivion GOTY from Amazon and the case came with a few cracks in the case. Nothing HUGE, but not how you'd want a new game, and I have received others like this and not made a big deal about it.

So what is the best way of contacting Amazon about this to get SOMETHING as compensation? I hate the idea of sending it back to get a new one. It is a hassle for me because I work a lot and sending stuff out is annoying, plus I want to play it!

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I bought Oblivion GOTY from Amazon and the case came with a few cracks in the case. Nothing HUGE, but not how you'd want a new game, and I have received others like this and not made a big deal about it.

So what is the best way of contacting Amazon about this to get SOMETHING as compensation? I hate the idea of sending it back to get a new one. It is a hassle for me because I work a lot and sending stuff out is annoying, plus I want to play it![/QUOTE]

Sounds like to me that the cracks don't actually bother you but you have seen people on this site (namely in the Warehouse Deals thread) with slight cosmetic issues on games they have ordered and they received compensation for the pain and suffering they experienced. Yes it's annoying getting something that has traveled hundreds of miles in a small box, that has been thrown around and handled by multiple people and it has a crack in it. The easiest resolution for this would be just to swap out the case.

[quote name='DNukem170']I suggest just buying an empty case off of Casetopia/eBay and throwing the old one away.[/QUOTE]

This. Going to be more trouble than it's worth contacting them over a case. Just buy or hell even replace the case with one you have that's in good condition. If I'm trading a game out, I usually switch it for a lesser condition case since I'm pitching it anyway.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Seriously? Over a case? Are you that petty?[/QUOTE]

How is wanting an item I bought brand new off a website to come with an unbroken case petty?

Let's have some type of standards.

And the way it was packaged I don't believe the case was cracked during the shipping. The packaging was actually quite good.

[quote name='LordVila']Sounds like to me that the cracks don't actually bother you but you have seen people on this site (namely in the Warehouse Deals thread) with slight cosmetic issues on games they have ordered and they received compensation for the pain and suffering they experienced. Yes it's annoying getting something that has traveled hundreds of miles in a small box, that has been thrown around and handled by multiple people and it has a crack in it. The easiest resolution for this would be just to swap out the case.[/QUOTE]

My motivation is that BRAND new games shouldn't come cracked due to their handling or shipping. I sell on eBay and have NO resources besides what I come up with, and if one of my game cases came cracked I'd get negative feedback. So I'm sure Amazon can figure out a way to package the games so brand new games don't come cracked.

EDIT: Just for clarification this isn't "I ordered it Very Good and it came Fair". This is I ordered it brand new and it came with a cracked case.

Oh yeah, this type of thing bothers the POOP outta me. Especially for collectors, this is a big no no. My suggestion would be more unconventional, and will probably cause a stir, but whatever. I would just exchange it with an undamaged item from any B&M store. Both are still brand new, and seeing as how majority of people seem to not give a crap about it... :roll:

maybe say something about it when you leave the packaging feedback? say how well it was packaged but it still was cracked? i dont know if they look at that too much though, or even do it anymore, havent ordered from amazon in a while.

[quote name='ritchardf']maybe say something about it when you leave the packaging feedback? say how well it was packaged but it still was cracked? i dont know if they look at that too much though, or even do it anymore, havent ordered from amazon in a while.[/QUOTE]

I might just do that. The situation is basically that I was just going to sigh and take another hit on a cracked case from them, then got mad and wanted to do something, then realized there is nothing really worth doing haha.

EDIT: By the way guys. I have another question, and figured I'd see if anyone knew here rather than start a new thread.

I bought RE:5 at Bestbuy 2 weeks ago, and when I went to play it the disc was unreadable. They won't give me a hassle about returning it will they?

I bought battlefield 3 new from newegg. Case came like someone ran over it with a truck. But the discs were perfect so that's all I needed. If you are going to play the game then move along. If you are going to store it in a collection then just exchange it, shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']EDIT: By the way guys. I have another question, and figured I'd see if anyone knew here rather than start a new thread.

I bought RE:5 at Bestbuy 2 weeks ago, and when I went to play it the disc was unreadable. They won't give me a hassle about returning it will they?[/QUOTE]
In my experience with Best Buy, as long as you have the receipt and are in the return window, you should be able to exchange your copy of RE:5 with another one (no returns, just an exchange for another copy), assuming you bought it new. I have yet to buy any used games from them, but I'm assuming they would be even more flexible there.

Also I agree with you being concerned about the case, you bought it at a new premium price to ensure the quality of the contents, nothing weird about that.

I had a cracked Music CD from Amazon once, they replaced it no problem. You don't have to pay return shipping on damaged items. I think sometimes employees ship damaged merch. Human error is bound to happen with the volume of stuff being shipped by Amazon everyday.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Seriously? Over a case? Are you that petty?[/QUOTE]

He paid for a brand new item, he deserves to get a brand new item. I'll go take a shit in your new car before you drive it off the lot next time. Seriously? Over a smell? fuck off!

You just print out a free shipping label (since it was damaged during shipping) and you will have the option of requesting a refund or them sending you another copy.

[quote name='62t']They will compensate you by sending you a new one and asking you to send the old one back[/QUOTE]

IIRC, Amazon will charge him for the game again if he's wanting a replacement shipped out, right? That way if the original isn't returned, the 2nd copy has already been charged for.

im sorry i can't help you with your question but just felt the need to say how absolutely disgusted i am that anyone on this website would criticize you for trying to get "something" from a corporation as big as amazon for sending you a damaged item.

[quote name='tangytangerine']IIRC, Amazon will charge him for the game again if he's wanting a replacement shipped out, right? That way if the original isn't returned, the 2nd copy has already been charged for.[/QUOTE]

I've only had one other case like this where I ordered a phone case and Amazon sent a case for a different phone...

They actually refunded me before I sent the case back and told me I could try purchasing the case again. That was a 3rd party seller fulfilled by Amazon though...

I'm probably just going to take the first disc out of the case and put it in an old Vanilla Oblivion case I have for now.....I was really mad when I posted this but it just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

[quote name='tangytangerine']IIRC, Amazon will charge him for the game again if he's wanting a replacement shipped out, right? That way if the original isn't returned, the 2nd copy has already been charged for.[/QUOTE]

No, they will only charge you if your copy isn't return in 30 days

[quote name='tham1988']im sorry i can't help you with your question but just felt the need to say how absolutely disgusted i am that anyone on this website would criticize you for trying to get "something" from a corporation as big as amazon for sending you a damaged item.[/QUOTE]

The amount of femininity ^^^ in this country makes me lmfao.
Who cares how big or small a corporation is. It's a simple exchange.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I bought Oblivion GOTY from Amazon and the case came with a few cracks in the case. Nothing HUGE, but not how you'd want a new game, and I have received others like this and not made a big deal about it.

So what is the best way of contacting Amazon about this to get SOMETHING as compensation? I hate the idea of sending it back to get a new one. It is a hassle for me because I work a lot and sending stuff out is annoying, plus I want to play it![/QUOTE]

You can contact them via chat and try to ask for a small amount of refund.

It happen to me once I received my bicycle with a scratch on the handle and after contacting them via chat the customer rep I chatted with offer me a $50 refund.

[quote name='iSUX']You can contact them via chat and try to ask for a small amount of refund.

It happen to me once I received my bicycle with a scratch on the handle and after contacting them via chat the customer rep I chatted with offer me a $50 refund.[/QUOTE]

i'd recommend this

Tell them ur situation and see wat happens, there really is no way around it or any tactics that will get you "compensation"

chances are they will ask you to send it back but you never know

Just contact Amazon and see what they're willing to do.

Also, you might just keep a few empty cases on hand for this kind of thing- I do, makes it easier. (Of course, I buy most of my games used, so cracked cases are par for the course.)

bread's done
Back