GOG.com holiday sale

[quote name='sigmajt']my apologies, the 8 key presses required to visit the site must be killer[/QUOTE]

Sorry I can't resist:

Clearly they were too much for you.

/chuckles then leaves this topic only to peek back inside after a few more comments go by to see if I get flamed for teasing

let's see to save people 8 i had to type 12 for holiday sale, click and drag to highlight, click the hyperlink button, type 7 more for the link and then click ok. 19 keys, a click and drag and two clicks to save others 8 key presses. Not a good roi especially since i'm lazy ;-)

Appear to be daily 75% deals (if buying all the games offered, only 50% individually) and everything in the store (?) is 50% otherwise through Thursday January 3rd. So a pretty long sale.

I looked at today's deal - Bullfrog package 75% off including:
Populous 1-3
Dungeon Keeper 1-2
Syndicate
Magic Carpet
Theme Hospital

and I already own most of them. Hoping the Atari D&D stuff gets a good sale.

[quote name='sigmajt']let's see to save people 8 i had to type 12 for holiday sale, click and drag to highlight, click the hyperlink button, type 7 more for the link and then click ok. 19 keys, a click and drag and two clicks to save others 8 key presses. Not a good roi especially since i'm lazy ;-)[/QUOTE]

Okay now I'm just teasing.... You're assuming that less than what 3 people will benefit from knowledge of this sale? Because otherwise your RoI would be at least a 1, netting a positive click savings for the group as a whole.

Call it 23 total movements to save 8 per each additional person that benefits from this knowledge.

23/8=2.875

:D

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay now I'm just teasing.... You're assuming that less than what 3 people will benefit from knowledge of this sale? Because otherwise your RoI would be at least a 1, netting a positive click savings for the group as a whole.

Call it 23 total movements to save 8 per each additional person that benefits from this knowledge.

23/8=2.875

:D[/QUOTE]

But he said he's lazy. Which come to think of it doesn't explain why he even bothered to post at all.

[quote name='keithp']But he said he's lazy. Which come to think of it doesn't explain why he even bothered to post at all.[/QUOTE]

Good point. He has already posted 3 times in this thread so either he's not as lazy as he thinks or he's a liar. :p

[quote name='zubalove']Is Magic Carpet worth it? How about Dungeon Keeper?[/QUOTE]

Magic Carpet is a true classic., can't comment on Dungeon Keeper. Does anyone know if BullFrog (makers of Magic Carpet) is the same BullFrog Productions that made Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Magic Carpet is a true classic., can't comment on Dungeon Keeper. Does anyone know if BullFrog (makers of Magic Carpet) is the same BullFrog Productions that made Deus Ex: Human Revolution?[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was made by Eidos, Bullfrog Productions closed in 2004.

I'm considering buying the bullfrog bundle, but I wish all the games were individually 75% off instead of just the bundle. I already own Theme Hospital (which is great), and I'm definitely interested in the newest Populous game and Syndicate, but the rest I'd probably pass on. I'm still researching them though. I could either get Populous and Syndicate for $6, or the whole bundle for $10. (because I already own Theme Hospital)

I picked up The Witcher 2 for $12 and The Witcher for $2.75 or something, which I think are good deals, plus a few other games. Also Duke Nukem 3D is free right now. Keep in mind these are all DRM free, you can play them offline, install them on multiple computers, whatever you want. I love GOG.

[quote name='whitereflection']Has Resonance been cheaper than $4.99? Maybe on Steam? My backlog is huge but I wouldn't mind supporting this game and GOG.[/QUOTE]
Kind of.

They had an indie game promo less than a month ago where you could pick 5 games from a list and get the bundle for $10. Some of the games included were Resonance, as well as games like Blackwell bundle, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Trine, Torchlight, To The Moon, Gemini Rue and Botanicula. That's when I picked up my copy at least.

[quote name='zubalove']Is Magic Carpet worth it? How about Dungeon Keeper?[/QUOTE]

Every game from today's Bullfrog sale is a true classic. Their only downside is a few missing expansions due to unresolved confusion between EA and GOG.

Vote using the GOG.com wishlist for these missing Bullfrog titles:

if theres a way to split the package, i'm looking to buy theme hospital off somebody who already owns it.

send me a pm.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']Deus Ex: Human Revolution was made by Eidos, Bullfrog Productions closed in 2004.

I'm considering buying the bullfrog bundle, but I wish all the games were individually 75% off instead of just the bundle. I already own Theme Hospital (which is great), and I'm definitely interested in the newest Populous game and Syndicate, but the rest I'd probably pass on. I'm still researching them though. I could either get Populous and Syndicate for $6, or the whole bundle for $10. (because I already own Theme Hospital)[/QUOTE]

Oops, meant to say Syndicate.

Hrm, is the first Witcher playable with a gamepad easily, or do you have to configure a bunch of things to get that working?

I signed up, to get this, checked my email, and they gave me ten other free games too, for some reason. I'll probably never play them, but hey... However, I have wanted to try an Ultima game for a long time.

Oh man, They have Theme Hospital. That's one of my favorite simulation games of all time and played that for hours on PS1 when I was a kid. On top of that they have it for Mac when is surprising. I guess they repackage some of these games themselves. I am so happy to be able to play this fantastic game on my Mac.

If anyone even slightly enjoys simulation games then I'd suggest grabbing it. It's a steal for $3.

Looks like the deals flip at 7AM PST

Witcher 2 $7.49 (lowest ever?)
FTL $4.99 (lowest ever?)
Arma2: Combined Ops $14.99

So I guess it's not actually 75% on all the dailies, which seems weird. In theory those 50% off games are that price the rest of the sale as well.

I won't be buying any of the dailies today. I bought FTL when it was a weekend sale, and I haven't even played the witcher yet, I have the sequel in my 360 backlog anyway. No interest in Arma.

It might be worth it to note that while most of the games are on sale for the duration of the holiday sale, the square-enix games are only on sale until the 19th, and Bohemia Interactive games are on sale until the 26th,

[quote name='ubdu']Hrm, is the first Witcher playable with a gamepad easily, or do you have to configure a bunch of things to get that working?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Witcher 1 is keyboard only. Only played a few hours of it but it plays WAY differently than Witcher 2.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']It might be worth it to note that while most of the games are on sale for the duration of the holiday sale, the square-enix games are only on sale until the 19th, and Bohemia Interactive games are on sale until the 26th,[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised I missed the source on this, but good to know - thanks.

I was gifted the Bullfrog pack yesterday :D Awesome deal on that. More bundles like that are welcome.

[quote name='zaorocks']Are games from GOG able to be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]

No. One of the tenets of GOG is providing DRM-free games.

bread's done
Back