Yakuza: Dead Souls for $12.99, Prime shipping

damn i got it from newegg for 16 not too long ago. if u based every gaming decision based on what you heard rather thatn just playing yourself you probably wouldn't play many games.

eh, just got it to keep the whole collection in-tact. Probably the cheapest I'll ever see it. Maybe $9.99 one day at Newegg, but no big deal..

Yeah, reviews haven't been all that kind. It's got a 63 on Metacritic. I've just recently started playing Yakuza 3 and had been enjoying it. I couldn't help but take a gamble on DS at this price.

[quote name='technicalstylez']damn i got it from newegg for 16 not too long ago. if u based every gaming decision based on what you heard rather thatn just playing yourself you probably wouldn't play many games.[/QUOTE]

And you'd probably save yourself a lot of time playing a lot of crappy games. Goes both ways.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']And you'd probably save yourself a lot of time playing a lot of crappy games. Goes both ways.[/QUOTE]

Money too.

i grew up playing atari and have played everything since so a game would have to be insanely bad for me to call it crappy, and even then i would just find humor in how bad it is. not everyone is a game critic, some of us just like to play games because they are fun; some more fun than others.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']And you'd probably save yourself a lot of time playing a lot of crappy games. Goes both ways.[/QUOTE]

Was going to wait for it to be $10 but had some leftover credit so I bought it.

There were only 13 left in stock when I checked out

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I'd buy it but I heard the game really, really, really sucks.[/QUOTE]

Depends. I thought the game was really fun, then again I'm a fan of Yakuza. The really bad thing was the controls weren't very good.

For $13 it can't be that bad. I snagged one just for the hell of it. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Edit: Only 5 left when i checked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza is my favorite game franchise currently. Yakuza 3 and 4 especially are incredible gameplay experiences.

Saying that, many people who haven't played a Yakuza game are going to be extremely disappointed by this entry. It's, by far, the shallowest and worst out of all of them. It's still a good game with a pretty engaging story...but it's just not great like the other games in the franchise.

Yakuza is my favorite game franchise currently. Yakuza 3 and 4 especially are incredible gameplay experiences.

Saying that, many people who haven't played a Yakuza game are going to be extremely disappointed by this entry. It's, by far, the shallowest and worst out of all of them. It's still a good game with a pretty engaging story...but it's just not great like the other games in the franchise.

don't go off the reviews this is a very under rated and dun game once you get use to controls which will be within 15-20 minutes. a lot of dun to kill the zombies and some really clever humor too

[quote name='showtimefolks']don't go off the reviews this is a very under rated and dun game once you get use to controls which will be within 15-20 minutes. a lot of dun to kill the zombies and some really clever humor too[/QUOTE]

How much dun we talking here?

[quote name='desertraider']I bought one about a month ago on Amazon for $17.50. I sent them a message hoping to get the difference back.[/QUOTE]

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Depends. I thought the game was really fun, then again I'm a fan of Yakuza. The really bad thing was the controls weren't very good.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree - the shooting controls definitely take some getting used too. Very fun game for sure.

[quote name='voormis']Yakuza is my favorite game franchise currently. Yakuza 3 and 4 especially are incredible gameplay experiences.

Saying that, many people who haven't played a Yakuza game are going to be extremely disappointed by this entry. It's, by far, the shallowest and worst out of all of them. It's still a good game with a pretty engaging story...but it's just not great like the other games in the franchise.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, as a person who platinumed both yakuza 3 and 4 (just to show I have put a little bit of time into them). I felt that the gun controls were poor and that yakuza shines when you're fighting melee style.

The story is still good, but please just don't let this be your first Yakuza experience. You're far more likely to be forgiving of some of its shortcomings after having played 3 or 4 first.

It's probably worth mentioning that it's non-canon just like Kenzan which unfortunately has to be imported to play.

I love the Yakuza games personally. Bought this one day 1 and couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

Might give it another chance since it's so cheap.

[quote name='blinknot4']Completely agree - the shooting controls definitely take some getting used too. Very fun game for sure.[/QUOTE]

They do but you are able to get used to it which is good. I beat it on the hardest mode and I never screamed or got really irritated at the controls.

WTF!? I ordered it at the 12.99 price, now it's $9.00 from a different seller. I cancelled my order. I paid with Gift Card funds, I hope they don't charge me for cancellation and put the money back in my account. I've never cancelled from Amazon before, does anyone know how it works out (usually)?

[quote name='stryk187']WTF!? I ordered it at the 12.99 price, now it's $9.00 from a different seller. I cancelled my order. I paid with Gift Card funds, I hope they don't charge me for cancellation and put the money back in my account. I've never cancelled from Amazon before, does anyone know how it works out (usually)?[/QUOTE]

The $9.99 price you still have to pay $3.99 shipping

[quote name='Rockinjs']The $9.99 price you still have to pay $3.99 shipping[/QUOTE]
Yea I saw, still cancelled. I'll save that Amazon gift money for something else, 007: Quantum of Solace (360) @ NewEgg is $7.44 (free saver shipping) I'll go with that instead

bread's done
Back