Persona 4 Arena $21.99 shipped and sold by Amazon

Its $19.99 if you live near a Frys. Sadly mine was out of stock and so were all the targets/walmarts/best buys. :roll:

So yeah I jumped on this.

If you're buying this on the 360 side, be mindful of the fact that the community has dried up and ceased to exist. Otherwise if you're in for the story or whatever, then $20 sounds about right.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's a good game, but I seriously dislike that it's the only region-locked PS3 game in the world. Sets a dangerous precedent.[/QUOTE]

There was a good reason though. Remember the game came out only like 2 weeks after it was out in Japan; it was either region lock it or wait a few months to release it here. Games cost much more in Japan then they do here and P4 Arena came with both audio tracks. Just like CAGs like to get deals on games there are Japanese gamers who like to import games in other regions rather than buy them in Japan due to the price difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Waru']There was a good reason though. Remember the game came out only like 2 weeks after it was out in Japan; it was either region lock it or wait a few months to release it here. Games cost much more in Japan then they do here and P4 Arean came with both audio tracks. Just like CAGs like to get deals on games there are Japanese gamers who like to import games in other regions rather than buy them in Japan due to the price difference.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that I would characterize enforcement of regional price differences as a good reason for region locking.

[quote name='11440']I'm not sure that I would characterize enforcement of regional price differences as a good reason for region locking.[/QUOTE]
Atlus has gonna make money too, it's a business.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']God I wish gamestop had this for $20 or even $25, I have so much GS credit.[/QUOTE]

Isn't GS selling Kindle gift cards now? Use your credit for the Kindle cards and use that to get it.

[quote name='MrBubbles']If you're buying this on the 360 side, be mindful of the fact that the community has dried up and ceased to exist. Otherwise if you're in for the story or whatever, then $20 sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

Thanks i was gonna buy this but your comment made me decide otherwise,fighters on the 360 seem to die really fast.

Ugh, I have been waiting for this to drop to around here for a while now. But now that it has, I feel like waiting some more. I've picked up too many games recently.
The fighting game fan in me may yet win out though, so we'll see if I pick it up now or not.

[quote name='technicalstylez']anyone know what the button layout is like eg sf2 or mk or mvc or kof?
just asking because i wanted to use my mk fight stick to play.[/QUOTE]

You only need/use 4 buttons

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know if this comes with the soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

I got it when it was $30 around Black Friday and my copy came with the soundtrack. So You could get lucky getting it.

[quote name='wtsutton']Isn't GS selling Kindle gift cards now? Use your credit for the Kindle cards and use that to get it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Damn I wish I knew that, I was just there.

[quote name='antlp89']Wow this game's price dropped like a brick.[/QUOTE]

Proof that Arc systems games are too complicated for casual players. They find out its hard then trade it in hence the price drop. Blazblue is the same and Guilty Gear has to many options for fight styles for your average player who isn't willing to put time and effort into learning about proration or practice combos.

I played GG, BB, and P4A and like them all.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Ugh, I have been waiting for this to drop to around here for a while now. But now that it has, I feel like waiting some more. I've picked up too many games recently.
The fighting game fan in me may yet win out though, so we'll see if I pick it up now or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same predicament. Stay strong-willed and cheap. I think this game will be cheaper eventually, and if not it'll be back at the same price. I'm trying so hard to be a cheap ass gamer through these holidays and with my huge backlog of games.

I'm still working on Persona 4 Golden, and I heard that Atlus games don't drop in price too often so should I get this now or wait for a lower price down the road?

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']anyone know which system this is best on?[/QUOTE]

I was reading up on this. The XBOX 360 version looks a little crisper, but the online community seems to be dead on there, so choose your poison. PS3 version almost looks exactly the same.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Seriously? Damn I wish I knew that, I was just there.[/QUOTE]

Most stores are not selling them. At least not yet. For now, they only carry enough to give to people who purchase a Kindle.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']Proof that Arc systems games are too complicated for casual players. They find out its hard then trade it in hence the price drop. Blazblue is the same and Guilty Gear has to many options for fight styles for your average player who isn't willing to put time and effort into learning about proration or practice combos.

I played GG, BB, and P4A and like them all.[/QUOTE]

More like the anime crowd isn't large enough to manage sales after a couple months. Or even manage to keep it going tournament wise with the sales it did get.

The FGC gave Persona a serious shot, but there just wasn't enough interest in most areas to keep it going.

Also, as a fighting game player more than anything, the tiers in P4A are so ridiculously obvious it turns a lot of players off.

Guilty Gear is awesome, but Blaz Blue is garbage in comparison. P4A is in the middle of those two IMO.

[quote name='opportunity777']I was reading up on this. The XBOX 360 version looks a little crisper, but the online community seems to be dead on there, so choose your poison. PS3 version almost looks exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be getting the PS3 version for free online play and stronger community.

hope this still available til tomorrow. PM with BBY to get a copy with a soundtrack at my store. hehe

[quote name='Solder']More like the anime crowd isn't large enough to manage sales after a couple months. Or even manage to keep it going tournament wise with the sales it did get.

The FGC gave Persona a serious shot, but there just wasn't enough interest in most areas to keep it going.

Also, as a fighting game player more than anything, the tiers in P4A are so ridiculously obvious it turns a lot of players off.

Guilty Gear is awesome, but Blaz Blue is garbage in comparison. P4A is in the middle of those two IMO.[/QUOTE]

If BB is garbage why is it harder to find a room for persona 4 then BB?

[quote name='CAGkrazy']hope this still available til tomorrow. PM with BBY to get a copy with a soundtrack at my store. hehe[/QUOTE]

Do all best buys have bonus music cd?

Is there any chance that this will be ported to Vita? I'd only really buy this as a Persona 4 sequel, and I'd prefer to have them playable on the same console.

[quote name='Tiako']Do all best buys have bonus music cd?[/QUOTE]

The Bestbuy near me doesn't.

It'll say BONUS Soundtrack CD Included on the cover and you'll see the CD wrapped behind the game.

2a2b129119bd8fb19a49d4445a38eb11.png

2f94c93573f8e2e20dba2d709640a0ab.png

What ? No way is bb garbage, that's why its still releasing new updates and still tourney worthy . Plus persona is not catering to the anime base anymore than bb or gg is. If anything it has the persona rpg base curious ontop.

good price on persona, to bad I'm in the middle of sfXT (meh) and tt2 to give it any time right now.

I just got a price match at Best Buy.com! I dont like Amazon much.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this game have spoilers for Persona 4? I'm not very far into P4 Golden, but I'd like to play this now.

So I bought this for my 360 and it's buried in my backlog. Only messed around w/ trials.
Is the online dead for 360? (or only pros now)
If I want to get into online, I can probably sell the 360 version and pick up the ps3 one and come out even. Is the ps3 community much bigger to make it worth doing that? I saw the previous post, but am looking for some additional feedback.

[quote name='Zbornak']Does this game have spoilers for Persona 4? I'm not very far into P4 Golden, but I'd like to play this now.[/QUOTE]

I would hold off on playing the story mode, but the arcade mode may be safe (I haven't played it enough to say for sure).

I'm not a fighting gamer but I love P3 and P4. The story mode is fun if a bit wordy, but I have actually found it to be really clever and well done (certainly better than The Answer). It's pretty lighthearted and seems to pick on the concept of the game in hilarious ways. The fighting is pretty freaking awesome even if I admittedly don't know what I am doing most of the time. I've been playing on medium difficulty and progressing pretty well.

[quote name='Zbornak']Does this game have spoilers for Persona 4? I'm not very far into P4 Golden, but I'd like to play this now.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Finish P4G first.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I got it when it was $30 around Black Friday and my copy came with the soundtrack. So You could get lucky getting it.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you can get lucky from Amazon if they still have the pre-order bonus copies sitting around with the ost included. I've ordered a few games in the past where I received artbooks/cds without having to pre-order for any bonuses.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']Proof that Arc systems games are too complicated for casual players. They find out its hard then trade it in hence the price drop. Blazblue is the same and Guilty Gear has to many options for fight styles for your average player who isn't willing to put time and effort into learning about proration or practice combos.

I played GG, BB, and P4A and like them all.[/QUOTE]

Nah. The price dropped because it's typical Aksys crapwork with shitty quality sprites that aren't dot pixel art. It's generic doujin inspired fare which only the hardcore weaboos with no girlfriend, no life and no money.

Aksys games aren't specifically more complicated, they're just not popular because nobody really cares to play to play Doujin style fighting games in the mainstream. Hell if I wanted Doujin fighting, I could go for Melty Blood, Queen of Hearts, Arcana Hearts, or whatever. They're a dime a dozen. Just because you add the pocky infused Persona junk into it doesn't mean it's worth a whale fart.

Aksys also has a fanbase that is scared of the outside world. That's why nobody features Aksys fighting games. Evo cancelled the Blazblue tournament because Blazblue fans sat on their ass and played online and never showed up. Online is so glorious to frame friendly aksys games that they don't even have the testicular fortitude to go up to someones face and look them straight in the eye and give them a smashing good beatdown.

But ripping good price my friend. I'll wait till it hits ten dollars. When it costs less than a meal at a diner, then I'll invest into it. Gonna play some Virtua Fighter 5 now.

bread's done
Back