Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really shouldn't be buying anymore games... But I may have to! Seriously, every year. People are getting cheap presents this year, that's all I can say.

Looks like the 20th is the day for me - gonna pick up either Fez or Mark of the Ninja, possibly both depending on price. Which is considered to be the better of the two?

Borderlands season pass deal already? Damn. Oh well. Lesson learned for BL3.

Can anyone comment on Rayman 3 HD? Origins was probably my favorite game of 2011, and I'm anxiously awaiting Legends. Origins was my first Rayman game, is 3 worth grabbing?

Nice! Got 4000 points to spend after that GameStop "sale"

Mark of the Ninja, Dust, Trials Evo DLC, Skyrim DLC, and possibly Fez will be mine!

[quote name='Corvin']Borderlands season pass deal already? Damn. Oh well. Lesson learned for BL3.

Can anyone comment on Rayman 3 HD? Origins was probably my favorite game of 2011, and I'm anxiously awaiting Legends. Origins was my first Rayman game, is 3 worth grabbing?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you man. If Rayman 3 HD is cheap enough, I'll snag it.

Fez for sure. Not sure what else. I want the Walking Dead but prefer the disc. Depends on how much cheaper it will be. I never played the 1st Trials. Is it worth skipping right to Evolution?

Dang, really wish the Skyrim DLC was on sale earlier, would love to play a bit over my vacation. Still, glad to know it is coming in advance.

Depending on the discount this could be a pricey little few weeks for me, quite a bit of XBLA this year I planned to wait for sale prices on.

Some good stuff there, I'm definitely going to grab Fez. I was hoping to see the Asura's Wrath DLC go on sale but no such luck. (Has it ever been on sale?)

[quote name='goldeneye64']Fez for sure. Not sure what else. I want the Walking Dead but prefer the disc. Depends on how much cheaper it will be. I never played the 1st Trials. Is it worth skipping right to Evolution?[/QUOTE]

You don't need to play Trials to enjoy Evolution. Both games are amazing, and by amazing I mean you can tell that the developers love their game. I highly recommend both. But if you're going to get just one, definitely get Evolution.

I'll probably get Fez. And since it's free and I liked the demo, the first episode of Walking Dead. :) Most of the rest that I might be interested in depends on price.

Rats. I've been doing Bing searches, saving up my shekels for Mass Effect 3 DLC and Dragon Age 2 DLC. I'm not feeling EA in this sale at all......

[quote name='INCyr']*sigh* is the Mass Effect dlc never going to go on sale again?[/QUOTE]
Probably around the time they put the next one out sometime next year. They supposedly have "all" their best writers on that last piece of DLC.

Hmm surprised there is nothing for me this year, I'm usually all over these sales. Maybe I'll get Skyrim Hearthfire or Fez...

I have almost 10,000 MS points. I am locked and loaded for the sale. Here are the titles I am interested in, if the price is right. A couple of them are ones my son wanted.

The Simpson Arcade Game
PeggleNights Content Pack
Fire Pro Wrestling
Kinect Party
Jet Set Radio
Rayman Origins
Rayman 3 HD
Trials Evolution
Hydro Thunder
The Walking Dead Episode 1
The Walking Dead Episode 2
The Walking Dead Episode 3
The Walking Dead Episode 4
The Walking Dead Episode 5

Might have to use some of those Black Friday microsoft points on The Walking Dead, especially if the first episode is free.

[quote name='Blaster man']Probably around the time they put the next one out sometime next year. They supposedly have "all" their best writers on that last piece of DLC.[/QUOTE]

The word is that the next Mass Effect will hit in 2014 or 2015. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for a sale on the ME3 DLC. ;)

I am going to spend way, way too many points during this sale.

Kudos to Microsoft for putting some quality stuff on sale for year end.

Dust is phenomenal BTW.

This sale has a lot I'm interested in, but I wonder how much of it will go 50% or more off... I'd love Fez, Mark of Ninja, a few of the Games on Demand, and some of the DLC listed. I also need the final Walking Dead episode! Here's hoping for prices I'm willing to pay!

[quote name='zubalove']Rats. I've been doing Bing searches, saving up my shekels for Mass Effect 3 DLC and Dragon Age 2 DLC. I'm not feeling EA in this sale at all......[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling the same with the Dragon Age 2 DLC. I remember only seeing it on sale once before. For this sale though I'll be picking up Mark of the Ninja and Dust.

define sale? Do we know how much? Im never interested in XBLA type stuff unless its 50% off at least because EVERY time i buy something it drops to half off like a week later and I feel dumb and cheated. lol ill have to check it out though

Not to be skeptical, but what is the source of this? I can't seem to find any other news about this sale in a quick search. I don't want to get excited about BL2 season pass without good reason :)

Edit: did some more probing, found this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503957

...which contains links to what appear to be sale pages (without sale prices, of course). Dates are confirmed in the individual links.

[quote name='Corvin']Can anyone comment on Rayman 3 HD? Origins was probably my favorite game of 2011, and I'm anxiously awaiting Legends. Origins was my first Rayman game, is 3 worth grabbing?[/QUOTE]

Completely different style of game. Rayman 3 is a 3D platformer, and was not directed by series creator Michel Ancel. It's supposed to be a pretty competent game, but lacks the creativity of Rayman 2, often regarded as Ancel's masterpiece.

I really enjoyed Origins as well, but it's a totally different beast from the Rayman games that preceded it. The closest thing is the original Rayman, a 2D platformer like Origins, and even that has a verrrrry different feel.

Wow,I'm excited for this sale. I was already planning on picking up fez, mark of the ninja, trials Evolution & some dlc, trials hd dlc. Glad I've held out for them.

Nice sale! Finally! Hopefully Microsoft comes through with the prices and they are at least be 50% off or more.

If they are, I'll be grabbing Mark of the Ninja, Dust and the Skyrim DLCs.

bread's done
Back