Iphone upgrade as a gift question

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I want to buy an iPhone upgrade as a gift for someone on a 3GS and get them an iPhone 5. They are upgrade eligible so I can do it for $199. The problem is how can I buy it for them as a gift at the upgrade price and have the actual iPhone 5 for them for Xmas? I called AT&T and the woman I spoke to said she didn't know how I could do that. Her response didn't give me much confidence so I thought I'd ask here just in case there was a way to do this. I'd much rather give the iPhone 5 and not a gift certificate for one if that is possible. Thanks for any help.

The question is "Does she really want an iPhone 5 when there are better phones out there?".

P.S- the iPhone 5 is the beta phone. Wait til summer for 5S.

Just a suggestion.

I would think it's no problem if you are on the same account, if not that would be tricky then. Perhaps do it via the website? You'd probably have to know their login info though.

If you are also do for an upgrade then you could use yours to get an iPhone but don't activate then when christmas comes activate it on their phone number. Then after christmas use their upgrade for a phone you want (and pay for it of course) and activate under your number. I honestly have no idea if that would work, I'm just tossing out ideas...

Unless you're the owner of the account, you can't upgrade another person's line because getting a subsidized phone extends the person's contract another 2 years.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I would think it's no problem if you are on the same account, if not that would be tricky then. Perhaps do it via the website? You'd probably have to know their login info though.

If you are also do for an upgrade then you could use yours to get an iPhone but don't activate then when christmas comes activate it on their phone number. Then after christmas use their upgrade for a phone you want (and pay for it of course) and activate under your number. I honestly have no idea if that would work, I'm just tossing out ideas...[/QUOTE]

This crossed my mind. We are not on the same account. Hmmm. Looks like to keep it simple I'll go with gift cards for one.

I am kind of in the same boat....wife wants an Iphone 5 to talk to her brother via one of the I apps that allows for communication via text without being charged text messaging rates...I tell her it's a waste of money (my money). We can't upgrade til Feb at the latest and she was willing to drop 700 for the early upgrade...which imho is stupid for her to do and I ain't dropping that much for a shit phone.

Yeah, the gift card is nice and probably safest.
But you can always make it more fun by getting her a fake iphone5 or a cut out or something and make her laugh. :)

bread's done
Back