Media Share help!

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I am trying to get my PS3 (Super slim) and the WD TV Live to connect to my network. I followed all the instructions including you tube videos to the letter but my PC refuses to see my PS3. Just today my PC decided to finally allow the WDTV Live to be recognized under NETWORK. The WDTV can see *some* of the shared folders but not all for some reason. The PS3 refuses to see anything. Windows 7 PC and Windows 7 Laptop both see each other on the network and share with no problems. Is there any easy way to do this?

For the PS3, run PS3MediaServer. I've been using that for a long time now and it's amazing. Very simple but effective program.

Another vote for Media Server. I run it and love it. It'll sometimes give me trouble with odd video types, but I just try and keep everything as MP4s.

I know it works with Xbox, and I believe some DirecTV receivers recognize it (though I cant get ours to find it), but I'm not sure about anything else. It'll for sure cover you on the PS3 side though.

so I downloaded it and shared the files/folders I wanted and everything looks good on my PC end yet the PS3 isn't seeing it..... god damn it's probably the firewall or something.

bread's done
Back