Official 99Gamers Thread

In the month or so I've been there, I've had a great experience so far. Things moved slow at first, but opening up to Canada got my first batch of sent games going. I currently have a few things in/out right now, and hoping things really pick up here soon. I am very anxious for some of the upcoming updates.

Keep up the good work, and remember to keep communicating with your members. That plays a humongous factor.

I enjoy it so far. I got a game with the 5 points I purchased and still have 2 coins left over. So far I haven't had any of the games I listed purchased which limits my ability to get coins. I've only been a member for like a week so its still early. But to be honest I am not a fan of the lack of a price minimum. If a game is only valued at 1 coin it'll cost more to ship the game than the equivalent in coins received.

Have my first game on my way to me, listed a game up, may haggle the coins around some later depending on how things go. Might start listing more games too.

how long are points tied up for .. requested a game i think 2 days ago and item still has not shipped ... points are still tied up

first match no game = strike... dont know how much i will support this site

[quote name='slidecage']how long are points tied up for .. requested a game i think 2 days ago and item still has not shipped ... points are still tied up

first match no game = strike... dont know how much i will support this site[/QUOTE]

Really sorry about this. Just sent you an email and it should be worked out shortly.

We are currently working on new features to fix this shipping issues as well as make the whole trading process work much smoother. One new addition is that sellers will have to acknowledge the trade within 3 days, otherwise you'll be able to cancel the trade without having to contact us. We'll also be showing the last time each member logged in on their profile so you'll be able to see if they are an active member. We hope to have these live in the next week or two. Once again, really sorry about this.

[quote name='ajh2298']Just signed up under username ajh2298 cant wait to start buying and selling games.[/QUOTE]

Approved you!

[quote name='Jommy']Just signed up under username jdizzle84. Thanks! I have 39 marketplace feedback here, all positive![/QUOTE]

Approved!

I've been using this since early December, and I will say that I've gotten several titles from it. I've only -sold- two, but we'll see how things change (or don't) in the future.

I wanted to update everyone about what has been going on at 99Gamers. We are now open to the public! You no longer have to be signed in to view the site. Non-members can now browse games, profiles and the forum. You'll also find the homepage now shows some of the latest trading activity going on.

When you sign up, you should be approved within a few minutes and then you can start trading right away.

We've completely revamped the trading process to make things work much smoother. Wishlists, vacation mode, tips and more have also been added.

You can read about all the new updates here: http://99gamers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=118

[quote name='bkruz11']I wanted to update everyone about what has been going on at 99Gamers. We are now open to the public! You no longer have to be signed in to view the site. Non-members can now browse games, profiles and the forum. You'll also find the homepage now shows some of the latest trading activity going on.

When you sign up, you should be approved within a few minutes and then you can start trading right away.

We've completely revamped the trading process to make things work much smoother. Wishlists, vacation mode, tips and more have also been added.

You can read about all the new updates here: http://99gamers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=118[/QUOTE]

hopefully this will mean more items up for trades

[quote name='slidecage']and its dead already just like the site in a few months sad to say
look at this and vg.. i take vg anyday[/QUOTE]

See, I've had FAR more success on 99gamers than on VGFive. I can sell stuff more quickly on VGFive, but there is rarely anything I want (especially at the listed values/prices). I can almost always find games at very reasonable prices on 99gamers.

I'm actually thinking there is a split in Goozex-type userbase -- VGFive is almost entirely 360 and PS3 games, whereas 99Gamers actually seems to have a decent supply of Wii/DS/3DS/Wii U software.

The big problem with 99Gamers is the game selection they are missing a lot of stuff, especially current gen. Yea you can suggest to have them added but it can take time. But I can say I've scored a few good games from them

If anything people should use both sites and maximize their chances of getting games.

I just joined and sold 150 coins worth of games in hours.
Down side is there is less than 100 coins worth of games that I want.

This site is pretty cool, just really needs more members

Edit: also, it was when I posted in the 99gamers forum that I made all my sales. The forum is your friend, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I and many other former Goozers/VG5ers are taking the Leap to LEAPTRADE. It is a great time to sign up since they are giving a $5 BONUS just for signing up, another $5 BONUS for sending out your 1st trade and an additional $5 BONUS for each referral.

Please use my referral link here:

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:murg75

Just got this Awesome message from LEAPTRADE:

We’ve all heard about the trouble that Goozex is having. While we don’t know what happened to them, we know that it's been rough on you guys, and we want to do something to help. You’re a gamer, we're gamers, you love to trade games, we love to trade games. That makes you family. As a gesture from us to welcome you guys to the Leaptrade community, we are going to give you your next 4 trade-in’s for only 40 cents shipping each. Think of it like pouring a 40oz on the street of gaming for our fallen comrades.

We understand you may be a little gun shy. We get that, and we will stick around, listen, and help make Leaptrade feel like home.

So, how do you get in on all this cheap shipping? Step 1, if you got this message on Leaptrade, you’re done, we already set you up for the 40 cent shipping. For everyone else, just send Leaptrade a message, or email us at [email protected], show us your Goozex or VGFive cred and we’ll take care of the rest.

Make sure to spread the word and tell your friends, anyone we missed or didn’t message yet. That is, unless they're loaded and have a gold plated Nintendo in a display case, then they've got money to burn. The Leaptrade Team

Gotta say, 99 gamers is buy far the best trade site i've used.  i've managed to trade 17 games, and have gotten everything I wanted easily.

Can't recommend this site enough.

After not bothering with the site since I signed up in Jan 13 I decided to get into listing some things.  So far i've sold 3 items and bought 2. With the abuse of the condition descriptions, I think it'd be better if the pictures were required at listing rather than when they sell, but i'm guessing that takes a bit more work.  Other than that, I really like the site.

I've liked my experience with 99Gamers so far, but the buy limit is killing me. I'm selling mostly high value new stuff, and buying cheaper, old games. I'm stuck with no buys and 19 coins. None of the 10+ games I have listed are moving - whch sucks because despite being new, I've lowered a few of them to be the cheapest in all conditions. Still no movement.

I've liked my experience with 99Gamers so far, but the buy limit is killing me. I'm selling mostly high value new stuff, and buying cheaper, old games. I'm stuck with no buys and 19 coins. None of the 10+ games I have listed are moving - whch sucks because despite being new, I've lowered a few of them to be the cheapest in all conditions. Still no movement.
Yea Ive run into a few issues with getting games to move.

Pick up any rare items?

i just signed up yesterday, hoping some of mmy games I listed get moving soon. how long did it take for your first trade (asking everyone who will answer)?

Looks like they will redesigning the site in the coming months, adding some consoles/accessories, and doing some restrictions on new traders. They added 45,000 new traders in Jan 

Looks like they will redesigning the site in the coming months, adding some consoles/accessories, and doing some restrictions on new traders. They added 45,000 new traders in Jan
45,000 is alot! This time I'm going to sell games and spend up the coins. Ever since I loss so many points from Goozex on closing down, I don't want to sit on a bunch of virtual money!

I just recently purchased a game from someone on there for $15 cheaper than a lot worse condition I could find anyway. I'm definitely willing to start selling on there too.

45,000 is alot! This time I'm going to sell games and spend up the coins. Ever since I loss so many points from Goozex on closing down, I don't want to sit on a bunch of virtual money!
have 300 coins there and nothing to buy them on. got to love the last 2 items i got will never see them know they are bad but was too good to pass up.

one was pokemon dungon. infinty and some other game for 15 all 3 games for 15 cions No tracking at all.

mario dream team for 8

Strange nobody put any recent Tales games on 99gamers, with 45,000 new members being given. I guess nobody likes JRPGs anymore?

Question:

Best way to ship DS games?

I am trading a lot of my DS games that are cart only.

Would you use a whole bubble mailer for just a cart?

cool to see a topic for 99gamers on here.  learned of the site from the jwitz youtube video about it.  sold a bunch of old gamecube games i didn't care about for some ps3 games.  bought my first one at the start of the year so it's helped me get flesh out my collection.  bought a few games like gta 4 & episodes from liberty city and assassin's creed black flag for 7 each.  good alternative to gamestop at times, specially with more recent games going for, at times, $10 or $15 lower after just a few weeks.  

i am sitting on 14 coins at the moment though im saving it for something good.  mainly waiting for stuff that peaks my interest

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back