- - - - -

Official 99Gamers Thread

#31 thejuggala   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

thejuggala

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

Gotta say, 99 gamers is buy far the best trade site i've used.  i've managed to trade 17 games, and have gotten everything I wanted easily.

Can't recommend this site enough.

#32 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6810 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

After not bothering with the site since I signed up in Jan 13 I decided to get into listing some things.  So far i've sold 3 items and bought 2. With the abuse of the condition descriptions, I think it'd be better if the pictures were required at listing rather than when they sell, but i'm guessing that takes a bit more work.  Other than that, I really like the site.

538822.png

#33 Doomstink   AUTOBOT CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

I've liked my experience with 99Gamers so far, but the buy limit is killing me. I'm selling mostly high value new stuff, and buying cheaper, old games. I'm stuck with no buys and 19 coins. None of the 10+ games I have listed are moving - whch sucks because despite being new, I've lowered a few of them to be the cheapest in all conditions. Still no movement.

Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#34 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

I've liked my experience with 99Gamers so far, but the buy limit is killing me. I'm selling mostly high value new stuff, and buying cheaper, old games. I'm stuck with no buys and 19 coins. None of the 10+ games I have listed are moving - whch sucks because despite being new, I've lowered a few of them to be the cheapest in all conditions. Still no movement.

Yea Ive run into a few issues with getting games to move.

Pick up any rare items?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#35 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28430 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

still 0 sales on this site... LOL maybe i need to relist my crap

WOOOO I STINK

#36 MasaTFC   Chelsea 2014-15 EPL Champs !!!!! CAGiversary!   4905 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

i just signed up yesterday, hoping some of mmy games I listed get moving soon. how long did it take for your first trade (asking everyone who will answer)?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Rest of my collection is for sale!

#37 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

On leaptrade or 99gamers? 99Gamers was pretty quick

CAG TradeList

#38 MasaTFC   Chelsea 2014-15 EPL Champs !!!!! CAGiversary!   4905 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

On leaptrade or 99gamers? 99Gamers was pretty quick

my bad, 99 gamers. I have 4 or 5 games up now.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Rest of my collection is for sale!

#39 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10287 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

Anyone here still uses 99gamers here often? Considering dumping some of my current gen games on here

MY TRADE LIST: Huge fan of NIS and Koei games!

https://www.cheapass...misc/?p=1259801

#40 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

I do! I use it a lot maybe more than Goozex....

CAG TradeList

#41 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

Looks like they will redesigning the site in the coming months, adding some consoles/accessories, and doing some restrictions on new traders. They added 45,000 new traders in Jan 

CAG TradeList

#42 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10287 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

Looks like they will redesigning the site in the coming months, adding some consoles/accessories, and doing some restrictions on new traders. They added 45,000 new traders in Jan 

45,000 is alot! This time I'm going to sell games and spend up the coins. Ever since I loss so many points from Goozex on closing down, I don't want to sit on a bunch of virtual money!

#43 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

I just recently purchased a game from someone on there for $15 cheaper than a lot worse condition I could find anyway. I'm definitely willing to start selling on there too.

Posted Image

#44 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28430 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

45,000 is alot! This time I'm going to sell games and spend up the coins. Ever since I loss so many points from Goozex on closing down, I don't want to sit on a bunch of virtual money!

have 300 coins there  and nothing to buy them on. got to love the last 2 items i got   will never see them know they are bad  but was too good to pass up.

one was  pokemon dungon. infinty and some other game for 15  all 3 games for 15 cions  No tracking at all.

mario dream team for 8

WOOOO I STINK

#45 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10287 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Strange nobody put any recent Tales games on 99gamers, with 45,000 new members being given. I guess nobody likes JRPGs anymore?

#46 mrx001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Finding it difficult to pawn off a Defenese Grid 2 code.Also trying to sell the code and coins for Google play giftcard.

#47 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Question:

Best way to ship DS games?

I am trading a lot of my DS games that are cart only.

Would you use a whole bubble mailer for just a cart?

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist - 3DS Amiibo Pokemon

H: Pokemon DS.Lots of DS. 3DS Games. W: $$$ Vita Memory Card, Magic Cards

#48 zekana  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:16 AM

cool to see a topic for 99gamers on here.  learned of the site from the jwitz youtube video about it.  sold a bunch of old gamecube games i didn't care about for some ps3 games.  bought my first one at the start of the year so it's helped me get flesh out my collection.  bought a few games like gta 4 & episodes from liberty city and assassin's creed black flag for 7 each.  good alternative to gamestop at times, specially with more recent games going for, at times, $10 or $15 lower after just a few weeks.  

i am sitting on 14 coins at the moment though im saving it for something good.  mainly waiting for stuff that peaks my interest

#49 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:19 AM

Question:
Best way to ship DS games?
I am trading a lot of my DS games that are cart only.
Would you use a whole bubble mailer for just a cart?

You can buy small bubble mailers smaller than 0 which would work

CAG TradeList

#50 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

Anybody want to cash out their 99gamer coins or trade for Nintendo eshop cards? PM me.

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#51 chris100185   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chris100185

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

I have to say, I am not happy with the direction this site is going. It seems like the site is breaking in some way every day, which I could deal with in the past because the admins were pretty cool. However lately they've been showing signs of what made Goozex CS crap before that site's downfall. A near total lack of updates outside of the occasional response to a thread full of people complaining about it. And lately they have just been deleting threads en masse that have any hint of negativity, even if it's just constructive criticism or a joke, or hell people just asking questions about stuff they don't feel like talking about(like asking why the general discussion forums were removed)  the forums used to be a great little community, and unfortunately that isn't the case anymore.  

#52 csidegamer   Up the Irons! CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

I agree (chris100185), things have died at 99gamers.com, just like Goozex.  I give them credit for trying to expand, but I think they tried too much too quick, and have killed the community.

I have 200+ coins and stuff is so overpriced I'll never cash out with anything i want.

887091.png

#53 thejuggala   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

thejuggala

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

I agree (chris100185), things have died at 99gamers.com, just like Goozex.  I give them credit for trying to expand, but I think they tried too much too quick, and have killed the community.

I have 200+ coins and stuff is so overpriced I'll never cash out with anything i want.

This is so true, I managed to trade my last game just after xmas, and managed to grab Walking Dead Season 2, to cash out.  Games started getting overpriced and staying that way for a long time, that it's just not worth it to deal with the hassle of trading.

Back before it took a major hit, it was amazing, I traded 26 or so games that I couldn't sell anywhere else, and got my wife a giant 3ds collection of all first party titles and a few games for myself.

#54 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28430 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

This is so true, I managed to trade my last game just after xmas, and managed to grab Walking Dead Season 2, to cash out.  Games started getting overpriced and staying that way for a long time, that it's just not worth it to deal with the hassle of trading.

Back before it took a major hit, it was amazing, I traded 26 or so games that I couldn't sell anywhere else, and got my wife a giant 3ds collection of all first party titles and a few games for myself.

i got around  300 coins  and even if they  crashed tonight i would still be on the plus side

whats up wiht

60 cions    48 cash

WOOOO I STINK

#55 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:20 AM

I have sort of cashed out...I'll keep my balance around 50-75 for now....

CAG TradeList

#56 chris100185   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chris100185

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

Probably going to be cashing out myself. ugh. I hate it. VG5 was a little slice of awesome before the goozex owners decided to be sore losers and take it down with them. Now 99 is going down the tubes.

Are there any other good trading sites right now? 

#57 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

The site really feels like Goozex again. The expansion into non core items reminds me of the goozex exchange expansion. The clamp down on the forum for all except the "have faith, everything if fine" crowd has happend again. Now this 25% hit to the value of coins (1 coin/ $0.75) is just like the move goozex had to do when it more than doubled the celing price for games. Uncanny similar moves on both sites occured after inflation became an issue. Kinda  crazy in their similarity really.  All that's left is the funding from an investor being pulled and the site going down with everyones money. haha I don't think it will happen, but you never know. I guess I should be happy they forced me to spend down my huge balance from earlier this year.

Leaptrade has definitely picked up for me. It's not at the same volume as 99 but it's moving in a positive direction, while 99 may be going the opposite way. 

Check it out - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#58 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28430 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

Cag which you probably use, Nintendoage, Facebook sometimes, Gametz, heard good and bad things about Leaptrade.

leaptrade is a joke,  99% of the  vets have left , i think the owner of the site are dumping games into the site or requesting games just to make it  look like it has traffic. I been stuck with 40 bucks over there for  6 months . i see leaptrade folding way  before 99

WOOOO I STINK

#59 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9717 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

The site really feels like Goozex again. The expansion into non core items reminds me of the goozex exchange expansion. The clamp down on the forum for all except the "have faith, everything if fine" crowd has happend again. Now this 25% hit to the value of coins (1 coin/ $0.75) is just like the move goozex had to do when it more than doubled the celing price for games. Uncanny similar moves on both sites occured after inflation became an issue. Kinda  crazy in their similarity really.  All that's left is the funding from an investor being pulled and the site going down with everyones money. haha I don't think it will happen, but you never know. I guess I should be happy they forced me to spend down my huge balance from earlier this year.

Leaptrade has definitely picked up for me. It's not at the same volume as 99 but it's moving in a positive direction, while 99 may be going the opposite way. 

Check it out - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

I was going to pm you about dumping my coins on 99Gamers but recently I've picked up a few things cheap Im going to trade in at a few B&M stores. I'm going to keep my coin balance around 50-80 from here on out

CAG TradeList

#60 backseatdog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

backseatdog

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

I was following the 99gamers subreddit, but apparently the subreddit has been set to private.  There aren't many outlets left to discuss what is happening right now.

Sup.