27 DEAD in Elementary School shooting in Connecticut

Oh my...

I saw this on the yahoo ticker about an hour ago.. at that time they only reported one causality. They mentioned something about one shooter being dead and a possible second may be on the loose.

Unbelievable.

I hate hearing things like this. I have a friend that teaches second grade and she said that a kid was caught with a gun at the school she teaches. I never think of things like this happening at grade schools. When I hear of school shootings I'm thinking of high school or college.

Jesus fucking Christ! I don't care what kind of emotional state you're in, but little children? REALLY!?!?!? If you don't count the principal, counselor, and shooter, that's potentially 24 innocent children who lost their lives. fucking tragedy.

My prayers are with them, for the families affected by the shootings and all the children that might have future issues due to being a witnessing these events.

It's like a high school shooting is bad enough, but to do something like this to completely defenseless and innocent children? Unreal.

It's 26 dead, 18 children, 8 adults. Then maybe the gunman who clearly isn't a human.

I get the CT news. Their NBC station news reporter you can hear her say "Thank you" as they were showing live pictures and she was gone when they came back to the studio, she couldn't take it.

Awful. I grew up a couple of towns over and have friends who still live in the area. It's heartbreaking to read about this. My prayers go out to all of the people affected by this senseless act of violence.

I can't even imagine how hardcore I would lose my shit if someone murdered my little girl in her kindergarten class. A whole shit ton of people whose lives will be forever framed by the murder of their child today.

I want to vomit.

[quote name='confoosious']Someone following this story live please give us any new developments or if they catch the second guy.[/QUOTE]

They have a second guy at the police station, they don't think he was shooting, but they are checking if they had helped the gunman in some way. It sounds like some this person entered the school around the same time, and might just have it all mixed up in this.

And just so we put this in the grand universe of things.

22 children were STABBED to death in China at school today/yesterday.

20 year old came from NJ, might have gone to the school.

The school and area is safe, no gunman on the loose.

[quote name='bigdaddy']20 year old came from NJ, might have gone to the school.

The school and area is safe, no gunman on the loose.[/QUOTE]

Some articles have suggested that his daughter might attend the elementary school but who really knows.

[quote name='kill3r7']Some articles have suggested that his daughter might attend the elementary school but who really knows.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are rumours that the person the police are talking to is a family member and that's how he was allowed in the building.

That just makes this thing even worse. The dad/cousin/brother of a student shoots and kills your teacher and friends? Even more fucked up.

The state police not confirming the number of victims until families are notified, etc. so I hold out hope that there are fewer fatalities.

It's kind of odd that it never seemed like there were ambulances/emts rushing anyone out. Just a lot of stationary emergency and law enforcement vehicles.

And the local news is interviewing children. What sickos. I really don't want to know from a 3rd grader that he knows that his first grade teacher is dead.

[quote name='Hibiwa']The state police not confirming the number of victims until families are notified, etc. so I hold out hope that there are fewer fatalities.

It's kind of odd that it never seemed like there were ambulances/emts rushing anyone out. Just a lot of stationary emergency and law enforcement vehicles.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the number is going down. Why no ambulances because all the children are dead laying on the school's floor. The hospital near by only has THREE people from the school and hinted at they knew more than they could share. It seems the police went "be ready for a lot of victims" and then had to tell the hospital no one made it there.

[quote name='bigdaddy']22 children were STABBED to death in China at school today/yesterday.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand none of them were killed though?

Yeah the shooting at an elementary school is some sick, scary shit. It does make you want to vomit.

This just in... he killed his parent in NJ before coming up to CT.

And you are right, no one in China were killed. I got bad info.

It's disheartening watching these little kids describe what was happening at the time to reporters. They're so calm and well spoken. I don't think the magnitude of this tragedy has gotten to them yet.

Ryan Lanza, 24 according to NBC News. Latest is his mother was shot and she worked at the school. She was among the victims at the school. Contradicting earlier event reporting that parent shot in NJ.

Special place in hell for this fucking scumbag. My heart goes out to the families and the children, especially those who had to witness this tragedy.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Ryan Lanza, 24 according to NBC News. Latest is his mother was shot and she worked at the school. She was among the victims at the school. Contradicting earlier event reporting that parent shot in NJ.[/QUOTE]

Remember it isn't about who reports the news factually... it is about who reports it first

His mom was a teacher there. Couldn't just kill her after school?

Rumour is that the dad was in NJ and is dead.

OK, summarizing that the kindergarten classroom mainly affected was taught by his mother. Confirmed 2 semi auto hand guns and dressed in black.

Just left seeing the early bird viewing of the hobbit and immediately heard this on the radio. I was actually shedding some man tears on the drive home.

To escape the wonderful world of middle earth only to be faced with something like this was especially jarring. Without the escapism of entertainment I would have cracked a long time ago. I feel so helpless when shit like this goes down. I do credit Halo for helping to pull me out of my post 9/11 grief.

If any of you are parents, please tell your kids how much you love them if you haven't already. I lack the courage to join CheapyD in Japan, but America is sick right now and I'm afraid spree killings like this will only continue until we get real mental healh care for everyone. Too many lives have been taken, this most recent incident being especially harrowing due to the age of the victims.

Edit: I read through some other comments and anger at the gunman, especially since he's already dead, will accomplish nothing. All you'll end up doing is looking for someone else to blame. We need to show compassion for the victims and ways to prevent things like this from happening in the future. This gunman, no matter how we like to portray him and fit him in a easy category, was still human. Somewhere along the way his value on the sanctity of human life was distorted.

If you have a coworker, schoolmate, whatever the case may be that is a loner or seems uncommunicative, show him/her some warmth and let them know that you care about them and value their well being. Just greeting them and letting them know you're willing to hear about any troubles they have can go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bordjon']From what I understand none of them were killed though?

Yeah the shooting at an elementary school is some sick, scary shit. It does make you want to vomit.[/QUOTE]

Well the guy said stabbed to death, so I'm thinking killed.

Still wtf, and elementary school...

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']How was the Hobbit?[/QUOTE]

Not as bad as some critics have portrayed it, but I'm glad I only paid $5.50 and not the $14.00 they wanted for the 48fps 3D showing they had at the same time. I may be a consumer, but I'm still a cheap ass.

It's great escapism and will remind you of why you loved the Lord of the Rings in the first place. Be sure to not drink too much about two hours prior since it's a long movie.

I could at least understand someone shooting up a H.S. with all the b.s. that goes on at that level, but for the love of God what could an elementary student possibly do to someone to cause such rage??? Just don't get it...

His dad was found dead, shot in Hoboken, so it sounds like he killed him first, drove to CT, and then shot up the school.

[quote name='mitch079']His dad was found dead, shot in Hoboken, so it sounds like he killed him first, drove to CT, and then shot up the school.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Kills dad in NJ. Then drives to CT and targets his mom and pretty much kills everyone in the classroom.

As someone who goes to Chardon High School (and was there during the shooting earlier this year), I know what they are going through, even though this much is worse. Thoughts go out to them.

There's no explanation for killing children. You're angry with your parents? Why the f take it out on some random kids. Sorry, to me, this person lost his humanity and isn't human to me.

bread's done
Back