Install a new HDD

Komentra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So after being a PS Plus member for about a year or so my 320gb HD is now filled so I watched a youtube video that showed how to back up your old drive and install the new one and it's really really easy considering you have everything needed.

So, I bought a 1TB drive off Newegg and am waiting for it to arrive. I don't have a external hard drive so I can't back my current drive up which is fine, I don't mind redownloading everything even though it will take forever.

Most game saves are pretty small but there are a few (WWE 13 for example) where it's nearly 4gb. No, not Game Data. GAME SAVES. Due to this ridiculous size it can't be uploaded to cloud storage. I formatted my 8gb flash drive to FAT32 and the PS3 detects the USB drive but it won't let me back any of my saves to the flash drive. NONE of them. It says it's unauthorized. I've even read that this is possible to do so I really don't understand whats going on. Did this change with a firmware update or something?

Luckily most game saves are not to big so I can put those in the cloud but these large ones I'd like to back up somehow.

Any help is appreciated.

Just read your thread on PS forums. Kind of a mess. It sounds like the formatting messed up your thumb drive. Will it accept files from your Pc? You may try reformatting it again and make sure the "quick format" box is NOT checked. Hope that helps.

I would just recommend biting the bullet and buying another external drive and go that route. I know it sucks, but the extra $100 is so worth it imo.

I don't know if you have a ton of pictures like I do, but I like to have an outside source to back up my pics and music on other than a PS3 and PC.

I did delete all my game installs and music/pictures off my old slim 160 when I went to a 750 (I think 638 usable) because I did not want to sit through the PS3's long ass backup and restore process. Backing up a petite 60 gigs still took one and a half hours.

THat is weird about the game saves not being able to copy on to the thumb drive.

There really shouldn't be a limit on cloud storage...is this is a real feature offered or not?

Delete some stuff LOL! i got PS Plus for last years and i only use about 100gb and i could delete some stuff if needed.

bread's done
Back