Feedback
106 (100%)
Since japan and other places over there are almost a day ahead of us

So

its like noon est time in new york it will be way pass midnight on DEC 21

or is the countdown time est time

HEY ITS 430 in the morning and am BORED

and how they figure we would have leap year

The existence of this thread has solidified my faith that the world is not ending.

If the Mayan Apocalypse thread wasn't a question posed by slidecage, I'd be concerned that things were coming to an end.

the planetary alignment happens at a singular point in time.

Time zones are used to differentiate separate parts of the earth that face the sun at different points in time. but its still the same time for the universe, our at least our galaxy, maybe even just our solar system.

So even though in Japan it would be the 21st, and the 20th here, we'd all die at the same singular point in time.

But then of course, our entire understanding of time probably isn't even accurate,
and while the universe may have temporal properties as we've come to understand
our processes of recording temporal change, such as aging and astronomical positions,
probably aren't close to what happens to matter on a chronological scale throughout the universe.

I believe the whole reason we're in this mess
is one civilizations inability to accurately keep time.
so I wouldn't worry about it too much

I would assume that since it was the mayan calander, we would be talking of the 21st in mayan time zone?
So that would mean i just got another extra day to live :D

Ok I thought about this and decided to respond:

For everyone else on the internet: If any major events like earthquakes, volcanos blowing up, tsunami and so on were to occur, we already would have detected a series of growing patterns that would lead to that end date major event.

For Sidecage: Hold a secret meeting a few minutes before midnight with your friends and drink that *special* punch if nothing happens at 12:01 EST.

ok

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']
I believe the whole reason we're in this mess
so I wouldn't worry about it too much[/QUOTE]

:lol: Or the fact that they kept time too accurately.

As I understand it , they were dead on the money and its the most advanced calendar keeping from an ancient civilization.
The problem is that the clock rolls over and all the numbers are reset to zero. (Like resetting your miles traveled kilometer gauge)
Just because you hit that button when you're cleaning the dash doesn't mean your car doesn't have 65,000 miles on it.

Its also very telling that they never even had an end of the world apocalypse scenario prophecy. They had a calender , and we interpreted it as such.

They got to get it right eventually. But if a wayward comet or planet materializes out of nowhere to doom us all next Friday, I'll be right here shitting my pants with the rest of y'all.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I believe the whole reason we're in this mess
so I wouldn't worry about it too much[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's because they figured they could stop at 2012, since it'd be quite a while since they actually got there. It's the same reason why Windows doesn't let you input dates past 2099. There's no way Windows 7 will still be around in 2099, so why plan for it? The Mayans knew that 2012 was a LONG way away, and chances are they'd never make it to then anyway. Why bother extending the calendar further than that?

And then of course, a bunch of dumb asses decided to get together and decide that it meant something special, dooming the rest of us half-way intelligent people to listen to their stupid bullshit.

[quote name='62t']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_Gc1bF8ds[/QUOTE]

Awesome :D: Thats exactly how it was explained to me (and the shitty half ass explanation I tried to give)

I never knew that the Mayans experienced a rollover date during their existence. That one fact should put the whole thing to bed.

[quote name='ced']They got to get it right eventually. But if a wayward comet or planet materializes out of nowhere to doom us all next Friday, I'll be right here shitting my pants with the rest of y'all.[/QUOTE]

Ha. See I always felt like if everyone else dies then I'm okay with it. If it was just ME dying for a stupid reason Id have a problem with it. But if we're all gonna be killed by the comet and theres no chance for everyone , its okay. Equality

I wondered the same thing to, and came up with a clear answer.

At exactly midnight in whatever time zone you live in will explode. The other timezones will follow at their midnights. So there will be at least 24 different massive explosions over the course of the final day.

If you believe the world is going to end then my theory makes enough sense.

See I thought that once the planets were aligned then it would release the Kraken or a Cthulhu from his space prison. Or that the moon or the earth would get knocked off its axis and we'd all float into space or something. Explosions I can deal with. As long as theres a chance for survival

bread's done
Back