[DEAD] $40 Game of Thrones Season 1 Collector's Edition w/ Blu, Dvd and Digital Copy

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
ojgy2e.jpg

o60m6r.jpg

Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYo9I8xXqJI

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Game-of...6909419&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2541333

Also
Egg paper weight can net you about $35-$50 good investment IMO.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICIAL-GA...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the fence; I have the first season already (BB Stark Edition). Had the made a CE a long time ago when the first season came out on blu-ray I would have bought it but I don't think this is worth double dipping unless you really want the egg as it sells for $44.xx at the HBO shop.

I also believe this set has been edited to remove the G. W. Bush scene

My purchase went through.
If it's an error and they cancel will let you know.
Thanks for sharing, the egg will be happy on my desk!

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm on the fence; I have the first season already (BB Stark Edition). Had the made a CE a long time ago when the first season came out on blu-ray I would have bought it but I don't think this is worth double dipping unless you really want the egg as it sells for $44.xx at the HBO shop.

I also believe this set has been edited to remove the G. W. Bush scene[/QUOTE]

Eugh, that is so stupid. If you watch the scene (it's on YouTube, etc.) there is no way you can tell it's a George W. Bush head. Even if it was, so what? :roll:

Another difference between this set and the old one is it comes with DVD versions and an Ultraviolet copy redeemable on VUDU in 1080P (HDX).

I just got back $35 in reward zone certificates after returning something yesterday, this is the perfect way to use it. Had the dvd version with the special edition slip cover, but I'll probably just give it to a friend now.

[quote name='philmcfly']How'd I miss this while browsing the ad this morning? Oh well in for 1. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

In the ad it's listed as $69.99.

It won't let me order one for shipping? Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT: got it to go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and bit and this deal. Already have the Stark blu-ray, figure I'll store it in the collector's box as an uuber collector's edition and sell the copy inside.

Hate store pickup...stood in line longer than it would have taken me to grab it off the shelf and check out. But at least I know I was getting one.

Of note for anyone on the fence for the R1 version, the DVDs are double sided and are in a thin cardboard holder as a "case". The Blu Ray case is the same one from the original release, but this time the outer case cover is a little bigger as it also houses the thin DVD case, so the old Stark/Targaryen slip covers will not fit over it.

Got mine. Still had the $84.99 sticker on it. Ouch, that was the original price? For a bonus paperweight?

I almost wonder if Worst Buy just hates having these big CEs hanging around. After the remodel a few months ago, my local store's DVD/BD section is way, way smaller than it used to be. There's just not room for these big boxes.

[quote name='takotchi']Got mine. Still had the $84.99 sticker on it. Ouch, that was the original price? For a bonus paperweight?

I almost wonder if Worst Buy just hates having these big CEs hanging around. After the remodel a few months ago, my local store's DVD/BD section is way, way smaller than it used to be. There's just not room for these big boxes.[/QUOTE]

The MSRP for the regular edition is $79.99....

[quote name='takotchi']Got mine. Still had the $84.99 sticker on it. Ouch, that was the original price? For a bonus paperweight?

I almost wonder if Worst Buy just hates having these big CEs hanging around. After the remodel a few months ago, my local store's DVD/BD section is way, way smaller than it used to be. There's just not room for these big boxes.[/QUOTE]

It also includes DVD's and digital copies.

It is $39.99 in store just got back from store less than an hour ago. Also those of you who use digital copy codes, will the code provided work for both I-tunes and UV separately or can I only use it for one or the other. I want UV for my PS3 and i-tunes for my ipod, wanted to see if I could use it twice,as in once on itunes and once for UV.

ALSO NOTE the dvd copies are double sided and are in a sleepsleeve cover

Somebody has a set on eBay that ends in less than a day going for $10 brand new.

And Amazon's trade-in for this is a whopping 10 cents.

[quote name='DNukem170']Somebody has a set on eBay that ends in less than a day going for $10 brand new.

And Amazon's trade-in for this is a whopping 10 cents.[/QUOTE]
It's an hour into a one-day listing. I'm pretty sure it will sell for more than that.

I'm tempted, but I still have my George Bush edition sitting on my shelf. Don't think I can justify the purchase.

[quote name='Darquesyde']Hate store pickup...stood in line longer than it would have taken me to grab it off the shelf and check out. But at least I know I was getting one.

Of note for anyone on the fence for the R1 version, the DVDs are double sided and are in a thin cardboard holder as a "case". The Blu Ray case is the same one from the original release, but this time the outer case cover is a little bigger as it also houses the thin DVD case, so the old Stark/Targaryen slip covers will not fit over it.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth. But the double sided DVD is HBO standard practice, presumptively to drive down resale value. This new Blu/DVD/Digital Copy initiative is a new thing they started with Boardwalk Empire, and are rolling out for new and rereleased old sets. Pretty great value, overall, in my opinion, now that the price has come down to what it is today.

The paperweight is nice, but the standard discounted HBO non-Collector's price is 35, so 40 is a perfect price for a very nice set with a bonus piece and exclusive box, while 70-80 was crazy talk.

Since the outer cover incorporates the two exclusive covers, I think I will part with my Stark copy to cover this price.

edit: And thanks, OP.

I'm fairly sure that the HBO Select line started with True Blood Season 4 back in May. When I bought that, HBO Select also included an Amazon digital copy in addition to the other options. Then, when I got Boardwalk Empire Season 2 in August, the HBO Select program was still in place, but they removed the Amazon option. They have now started re-releasing previous seasons as part of the HBO Select line.

For the person that asked, yes, if Game Of Thrones works like the other HBO Select releases, you should be able to redeem both the Ultraviolet version and the iTunes version.

[quote name='trent82']I'm fairly sure that the HBO Select line started with True Blood Season 4 back in May. When I bought that, HBO Select also included an Amazon digital copy in addition to the other options. Then, when I got Boardwalk Empire Season 2 in August, the HBO Select program was still in place, but they removed the Amazon option. They have now started re-releasing previous seasons as part of the HBO Select line.

For the person that asked, yes, if Game Of Thrones works like the other HBO Select releases, you should be able to redeem both the Ultraviolet version and the iTunes version.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. In my defense I can't make it past three episodes of True Blood, so I learned about it when Boardwalk Empire 2 came out and 1 was rereleased.

Ive never seen it, but a lot of my friends love the show, so Bang! In for one myself, local pick up. I'll download the digital copies, pawn off the egg & the discs and come out on top! Taking offer on the egg starting.....NOW!

Before I get I have a question. Is the boxset that actually holds the dvds and blus the same size as the regular boxset? I don't want different sized boxes when I line up my collection.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Before I get I have a question. Is the boxset that actually holds the dvds and blus the same size as the regular boxset? I don't want different sized boxes when I line up my collection.[/QUOTE]

As the original release? No. It is exactly the same design, but around 1mm thicker to accomodate the folding sleeve that holds the DVDs and digital copy slip. The design is the same- slipcover, over slipbox, containing the accordion for the blus and the new sleeve for the DVDs. The Accordion is the same size, but the slipbox is larger, as is the slipcover.

Otherwise it is a normally proportioned box set.

Same. Silly impulse buy. DVD + Blu-Ray + iTunes + Flixster seemed good to me. Also, I've got a 20% off Game of Thrones merchandise coupon from the set if anyone's in the market for Stark family shot glasses and the like.

[quote name='ArthurDayne']As the original release? No. It is exactly the same design, but around 1mm thicker to accomodate the folding sleeve that holds the DVDs and digital copy slip. The design is the same- slipcover, over slipbox, containing the accordion for the blus and the new sleeve for the DVDs. The Accordion is the same size, but the slipbox is larger, as is the slipcover.

Otherwise it is a normally proportioned box set.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind it being slightly thicker, but it should be the same height correct? I am picky about this stuff even though it sounds silly. I sold my entire Six Feet Under collection because the DVD boxes were all different sizes.

[quote name='fuze9']Same. Silly impulse buy. DVD + Blu-Ray + iTunes + Flixster seemed good to me. Also, I've got a 20% off Game of Thrones merchandise coupon from the set if anyone's in the market for Stark family shot glasses and the like.[/QUOTE]

The hell with the shot glasses, get one of these

Chrome is not letting me view the first page of this deal, stating Malware has been detected.

"Danger: Malware Detected!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on cheapassgamer.com

Content from freeimagehosting.net, a know malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion."

[quote name='Bosamba']Chrome is not letting me view the first page of this deal, stating Malware has been detected.

"Danger: Malware Detected!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on cheapassgamer.com

Content from freeimagehosting.net, a know malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion."[/QUOTE]

Same thing. I assume the images are the problem. I opened it earlier, but maybe the OP changed the images? I don't remember them being that enormous as they appear to be before chrome shuts it down.

As for the Box- the DVD case is standard height, the outer box is pretty massive,so you would need to do something with that. The Blu/DVD combo pack seems to be HBO's way of the future, so all future Game seasons will probably match.

I haven't edited the pics, if there is an issue with them ill download the pics and re-host them elsewhere later this afternoon, but you can just go to best buy website and search yourself for the boxset. Also too all of you who got in your welcome, I love helping others save just as I love it when you guys help me!

bread's done
Back